5.0 out of 5 stars Loved the use of examples from quality literature!, October 10, 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: It Figures!: Fun Figures of Speech (Paperback)
This is a fun book. The chapters aren't too long are loaded with examples, many from classic literature. He gives exercises in each chapter so you can create some fun figures of speech for yourself. The illustrations are great!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, August 8, 2009
This review is from: It Figures!: Fun Figures of Speech (Paperback)
Awesome fun read, I loved every word in it. Helpful and a must have. Great addition to reference library.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource!, January 15, 2013
This review is from: It Figures!: Fun Figures of Speech (Paperback)
I love this book! It is a great reference book for teaching all types of Figurative Language. Also can be used as a mentor text in intermediate elementary. I showed this book off to my fourth grade team and the fifth grade team. They all wanted one!

5.0 out of 5 stars It Figures!, January 12, 2014
This review is from: It Figures!: Fun Figures of Speech (Paperback)
As a teacher I thought it was fantastic. I could literally teach right from its pages. Loved the way it let the students practice what they just learned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific intro to simile, metaphor, hyperbole, etc, January 14, 2012
This review is from: It Figures!: Fun Figures of Speech (Paperback)
We are using this for homeschool language arts, and I was afraid it would be over kiddo's head, but the writer has a real knack for communicating with children. The art didn't distract and the examples were interesting and ample. My son was all ears and caught on to more than I thought he would on the first read. Go for it!

4.0 out of 5 stars It figures, this would be a fun book to read., January 14, 2014
This review is from: It Figures!: Fun Figures of Speech (Paperback)
Bought it for my wife to have some fun teaching figures of speech to her students. I read the book and enjoyed it almost decided not to let the wife take it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource for students and or teachers!, August 16, 2013
This review is from: It Figures!: Fun Figures of Speech (Paperback)
A book that clearly explains literary devices to young readers...gives examples easy to understand. This book can boost a teacher's ability to instruct students about using descriptive strategies to enrich their writing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, April 27, 2013
This review is from: It Figures!: Fun Figures of Speech (Paperback)
I was very pleased with the condition and the and material inside. I use it in my classroom often. Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for teaching figurative language, December 19, 2013
This review is from: It Figures!: Fun Figures of Speech (Paperback)
I teach figurative language to a homeschool coop class for 3rd and 4th graders. This book was a wonderful addition to the handouts, posters, and other picture books I use. It teaches similie sand metaphors the right way. It doesn't confuse the two. Excellent!

It Figures!: Fun Figures of Speech
It Figures!: Fun Figures of Speech by Marvin Terban (Paperback - October 18, 1993)
$7.95 $7.15