Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon October 19, 2008
"It Itches" is a book perfect for every knitter -- and crocheter and spinner, too. The book contains a combination of humorous essays and delightful cartoons (think New Yorker) centering around the hobby (some might say "passion") of knitting. The creation of popular blogger, knitter and raconteur Franklin Habit, this book is certain to cement his reputation as one of the most creative and observant knitting writers around. Habit has a distinctive voice, and a wry and quirky take on the age-old craft of knitting -- as well as the modern-day knitter, who is not necessarily a rocking-chair-sitting grandmother, as Habit himself proves. The book is hardcover, filled with beautifully-drawn cartoons that make the reader laugh out loud (and often nod the head in recognition of seeing oneself in them), and a bargain at less than twelve dollars. The six-by-six book is the perfect size to fit in a knitting bag, and would make an excellent gift for anyone you know who loves to play with yarn. A must-have book for the fiberholic.
on November 3, 2008
It Itches is a charming, delightful book. I'm not normally much of a cartoon person, but I fell in love with it. The book contains some essays as well as the cartoons Franklin is famous for, and all are witty and amusing. It's refreshing to see that someone can still make innocent humor work in this scary and depressing time--this book is comforting, like putting on jeans still warm from the dryer on a cold morning. I give it my highest recommendation.
on October 28, 2008
All my knitting friends are going to receive a copy of this wonderful collection of cartoons from the creator of THE PANOPTICON, a must-read fiber-related weblog. I wish I could give IT ITCHES six stars...it's hilarious, breathtakingly original and, I'm sure, destined to be included in every fiberholic's library.
Thank you, Franklin for taking care of most of my holiday shopping.
on November 1, 2008
I flipped through this in Borders and was laughing so hard I had to buy a copy for my fellow knitting friend. The cartoons are only half the fun--every few pages, he's inserted miniature prose features that are just hilarious. The Stash is a classic (and oh so dreadfully true! In fact mine is grumbling with hunger right now!), and his 'excerpts' from famous people's diaries is probably the funniest thing I've read in a long time!

This book is simply adorable. It will make the rounds of your knitting circle with many chortles and groans and 'oh my god I've actually *said* that!'s. If you're looking for a little stocking stuffer or 'teacher's gift' (this is a whole genre of gifts now, I'm told, though we didn't have them back in the olden days), this is a surefire hit!
on November 16, 2008
Admittedly, there aren't a whole lot of books in the knitting humor genre, but this is as if not possibly funnier than At Knits End-- Meditations for Women Who Knit Too Much, the Yarn Harlot's first book. Plus-- it has pictures!

The cartoons are super cute and super funny. One of my favorites shows a woman modeling a 3 sleeved sweater for her friend with the caption "Maybe you can fix that bit with blocking."

There are also great essays with titles like "Lost Knitting Diaries of the Famous" (from such supposed knitting luminaries as Edgar Allan Poe, Jane Austen and Thomas Edison) and "Monster in the Closet" (hint: virtually all knitters have one.)

I'm waiting with baited breath for Mr. Habit's next book and greeting cards!
on September 27, 2011
Anyone who has picked up the knitting bug will love this book. Franklin Habit knows knitting and knitters and captures our world wonderfully with great cartoons and short stories. I'd love to see a sequel to this book and would snatch it up or pre-order it as soon as possible.
on October 31, 2008
Put down any drinks before you open this book! The cartoons are beautiful, the essays are wonderful. Franklin shares his love of knitting and displays his most wondrous sense of humor in a fashion that everyone can relate to. This book is for all the yarn hoarders out there and the people who love them. You need this book in your stash! Love you Franklin! When is the next book coming out?
on November 15, 2008
My knitting group really enjoyed looking at this book. I have to admit, you would probably have to be a knitter to understand some of it's finer points and references, but boy howdy if you are! I'm so glad I bought it once, I would even buy it again for a friend.
on January 10, 2013
Bought this for my wife who is a knitter. She laughed for an hour straight until I thought she was going to pass out. Guess that means to knitters it is a funny book. She brought it to her knitting group and they all enjoyed it too.
on December 28, 2011
This is a darling book of cartoons by Franklin Habit, a talented artist on paper and in fiber. The book is filled with short humorous stories and fun yarn-related cartoons. Franklin has a great sense of irony that comes out in the endearing illustrations that accompany the stories. I think this would be a great gift for the knitter who has everything.