5.0 out of 5 stars Empowering, March 4, 2009
This review is from: It Takes a Candidate: Why Women Don't Run for Office (Paperback)
This book is easy to read and explains why we won't have equal representation by gender in politics until our culture and parties change. You also don't have to read the whole thing-- there are very nice chapter summaries with all the main points. It changed the way I look at myself- for instance, why do I think I would never be qualified for public office when I am a public policy major at an Ivy League university? It was very inspiring, especially coming from a professor who ran for office herself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why Women Don't Run, May 12, 2007
This is an excellent book for researching women and politics. It is easy to read and understand and provides insight that has never been covered. I highly recommend this book to anyone researching women in politics.

It Takes a Candidate: Why Women Don't Run for Office
It Takes a Candidate: Why Women Don't Run for Office by Jennifer L. Lawless (Paperback - September 12, 2005)
$29.99 $26.87