From the Back Cover
To master speaking and writing Italian, you have to be comfortable using its verb system. Unfortunately for many language learners, however verb conjugation is a major roadblock in their pursuit of Italian-speaking confidence. If you are one of these learners, Italian Verb Drills is here to help by allowing you to overcome these obstacles so that you can confidently use verbs when expressing yourself in Italian.
Whether used as a textbook supplement in an Italian language course or as a self-study text for learning and review, Italian Verb Drills will simplify the complexities of this crucial area of Italian language studies.
This comprehensive book features:
- Numerous exercises that demonstrate how the Italian verb system works
- Regular chapter reviews called "Repasos" to reinforce your learning
- An answer key to give you immediate clarification on any concept
- New to this edition, a final unit that sums up all the verb tenses covered so you can select the correct verb form any time you speak or write Italian--something not covered in other verb books
Because of its concise explanations and abundant exercise material, you will find Italian Verb Drills a source of unparalleled knowledge and intensive practice that you can use in the classroom or on your own. You'll find you are less intimidated by verb conjugation and, instead, see your confidence in your Italian skills grow.
- Regular verbs in the present, imperfect, preterit, future, and conditional of the indicative mood
- Compound tenses of the indicative mood
- The simple and compound tenses of the subjunctive mood
- Reflexive verbs
- Stem-changing verbs
- Orthographic-changing verbs
- Irregular verbs