5.0 out of 5 stars the best in Giallo!!!, December 16, 2008
This review is from: Italian Giallo Collection: Blood & Black Lace, Bird With A Crystal Plumage and Watch Me When I Kill (DVD)
If you are new to the "giallo" genre, this is a must in your collection of horror/thrillers. Three of the best films are included here: "The Bird with the Crystal Plumage" (one of Dario Argento's best, next to "Four Flies on Grey Velvet" and "Tenebrae"). Amazing soundtrack as well. "Blood and Black Lace" (from the master of Italian horror, Mario Bava). A fashion house of murders is plot. A brilliant film with beautiful lighting and intensity! "Watch Me when I Kill" by Antonio Bido is his best film!
I highly recommended this box set to any horror film fan!!! Classics!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a perfect release, but worth it, April 22, 2013
Things to note:

VCI is not known for exquisite transfers; this is no exception.

THE BIRD WITH THE CRYSTAL PLUMAGE (2:35:1) looks and sounds the best of all three. It is only available in the English dub without subtitles. This film is uncut: the scenes that were cut and reintegrated into the film come with a noticeable drop in quality. This did not bother me as it is fairly common in cases like this. The important thing, I guess, is to have the entire film intact. I wish I could have picked up Blue Underground's blu-ray of this film, but that is now out of print and fetches a price that is way above what I am willing to pay for a flick. This is your best option, and not only on the grounds of price.

BLOOD AND BLACK LACE (1:85:1) suffers from a lack of great video clarity and sync issues with the dubbing. It would be awesome if this release got a proper restoration, but for now this will due. The flaws of this release did not hinder my viewing experience, but I'm also a veteran of many subpar spaghetti western releases which rank among the worst. Note that included in this set is the two-disc edition, which only adds to the value. I was very happy to see this included. Along with the English dub, Italian and French audio tracks are available with English and Spanish subtitles. This film is the uncut version.

WATCH ME WHEN I KILL (1:77:1) comes only with an English dub (without subtitles) and is rife with noise, hissing, pops, etc. It sounds like an old record. The voices are clear enough, but during moments of silence fuzz is pervasive. The video quality is not very good, but considering the nature of this film, I wouldn't expect anything better. It is very watchable, anyone who is into films like these will know the score. This is not a VHS rip or some windowboxed nonsense that you would find on a Mill Creek or videoasia set. This is a legitimate release and probably the best this film will ever look.This version is uncut.

Each film comes in its own standard keepcase.

The issue here is that VCI's editions of these films are the only ones available to US consumers. They're good enough considering the lesser quality of many other releases, but for the price you can't beat it.