5.0 out of 5 stars Great game for the whole family!
On the surface, it's a math game utilizing addition - great for little ones learning their math facts. For more experienced players, there are subtle strategies to winning. Scopa is very popular in Italy; it's not uncommon to see groups of older men playing the game as you walk through local parks. So, not just a game for kids!

The cards are much more durable...
Published on December 13, 2007 by K. Peloquin

2.0 out of 5 stars Low quality graphics and paper stock
The graphics on these cards are not crisp and artistic. The pictures look cheap and the colors are muted. Also the cards are not glossy but satin in shine. I will not buy cards from this seller again.
Published on August 6, 2011 by Polish and Italian Couple

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game for the whole family!, December 13, 2007
K. Peloquin (New England, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Italian Sicilian Scopa Playing Cards (Game)

The cards are much more durable than standard card decks; our deck is more than ten years old and still in great condition.

This supplier, KIDSEUROPE, includes with each deck a set of instructions in ENGLISH. There are instructions on one of the cards, but they're in Italian and in a miniscule font. KIDSEUROPE also ships orders very quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars A correct description., January 22, 2009
This review is from: Italian Sicilian Scopa Playing Cards (Game)
I don't understand two of the posters before me, one that stated the rules for the game can be found on line? These cards are not a game, they are cards you use to play many games, just like buying a deck of 52 french cards(54 with jokers) is not a game, you can use them to play games (Poker, Black Jack). As for the person stating that they ordered a generic set, there's simply no such thing. Every region has their own card designs. The fact that one set was received and not another does not, in any way, make playing a game, such as scopa, any different or more difficult, as its the same game no matter which cards you use.

So if you discount those two statements and look at what the cards actually are, a deck of 40 cards, you'll be happy with what you get as Modiano makes a good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly Addictive, April 30, 2010
This review is from: Italian Sicilian Scopa Playing Cards (Game)
I had a friend from Italy that introduced my family to Scopa, and after playing a few games, I had to own a deck. After searching in vain at various retail stores, I figured that this game is truly authentic and has not reached American markets. I then turned to Amazon, and found them! If I had to recommend a deck design, I would choose this one. It is has a less mass produced look than the usual decks you see, and the designs are intricate and beautiful. The cards came with Italian and English instructions for both Scopa and Briscola rules included. It also came with a box to hold everything. The game itself is very addictive, and great for parties, and family gatherings.

Overall, I would highly recommend this product for people who travel a lot, love card games, or just want to have a little piece of Italy. The price is dirt cheap, and the shipping is fast.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, just what we wanted, March 23, 2009
The cards were just what we were looking for, and seem to be of good quality. Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeping Italian Culture alive, September 25, 2010
This review is from: Italian Sicilian Scopa Playing Cards (Game)
I am happy to have received my deck of Italian/Sicilian playing cards and am going to teach the game of Scopa to my relatives. Thanks for stocking this product!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cards, but 2 small warnings, January 4, 2011
This review is from: Italian Sicilian Scopa Playing Cards (Game)
Basic Scopa deck, but 1) smaller size than normal deck and 2) the cards do not have numbers on them, so when playing you have to be aware of which person pertains to which status and count the symbols. I ordered another deck after I received this one. Kept this deck as well though, since shipping was more than the cost of the deck. Wish I looked more closely at the picture before ordering.

2.0 out of 5 stars Low quality graphics and paper stock, August 6, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them, April 26, 2014
This review is from: Italian Sicilian Scopa Playing Cards (Game)
Perfect, added so much joy to my family. Felt like we were in Sicily. Would definitely recommend them to all lovers of Italian culture

4.0 out of 5 stars Cards are good, April 10, 2014
This review is from: Italian Sicilian Scopa Playing Cards (Game)
The cards game is fun my onlt issue is the ONE of diamonds is confusing. The instructions are in Italian so look up rules online

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, April 6, 2014
This review is from: Italian Sicilian Scopa Playing Cards (Game)
I'm from sicily and I wanted to buy this to show my american friends how we play. This is the standard quality cards you'd get there as well.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›