5.0 out of 5 stars Frommer's Italy
Another excellent and comprehensive travel book by the Frommer people. no longer "budget travel" but still complete and very useful with maps and language info.
Published on July 24, 2010 by Dan E. Harris

3.0 out of 5 stars Frommer's Italy
Published on July 18, 2009 by Dr.

3.0 out of 5 stars Frommer's Italy, July 18, 2009
Dr. (Christiansburg, VA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Italy 2009 (Frommer's Complete Guides) (Paperback)
I found the Frommer's Italy somewhat helpful in a recent trip to the country, but not abundantly so. One of my biggest disappointments was the fact that Calabria (the whole southern end of Italy) was not addressed at all. As one might expect, the major cities received heavy emphasis but not so the surrounding countryside and other parts of Italy (which were my focus). Overall, I was disappointed in the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Frommer's Italy, July 24, 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars OK, October 2, 2009
This review is from: Italy 2009 (Frommer's Complete Guides) (Paperback)
It was of average help to us as we went to some non-touristy places too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Italy and Campania, May 19, 2009
This review is from: Italy 2009 (Frommer's Complete Guides) (Paperback)
I am an avid traveler. In fact I work at times Italy. I do know Italy more than most. I picked this up because I like to gleam every thing I DO NOT know already form a good source. It was just that. Very Good. So many times people ask me about what to see in Italy - This guide is an excellent source. Clearly written with comments, suggestions, maps and itinerary spelled out. Here is my suggestion - go to some major places to see the tourist Italy. But you must leave the beaten path to see the REAL Italy - (see my other review of Castello Ducale for instance) in Castel Campagnano- Take in the people. This a good solid guide with many valuable points and comments.

2.0 out of 5 stars OK if you have lots of $$, August 4, 2009
This review is from: Italy 2009 (Frommer's Complete Guides) (Paperback)
We have used Frommer books a lot in the past. This one was disappointing. Eating and sleeping recommendations are pricey and not very imaginative. Went out and bought Rick Steves Italy book and haven't looked at this much since. This book seems focused on timid travelers.

Italy 2009 (Frommer's Complete Guides)
Italy 2009 (Frommer's Complete Guides) by Danforth Prince (Paperback - September 2, 2008)
Used & New from: $0.01