Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on July 18, 2009
I found the Frommer's Italy somewhat helpful in a recent trip to the country, but not abundantly so. One of my biggest disappointments was the fact that Calabria (the whole southern end of Italy) was not addressed at all. As one might expect, the major cities received heavy emphasis but not so the surrounding countryside and other parts of Italy (which were my focus). Overall, I was disappointed in the book.
on July 24, 2010
Another excellent and comprehensive travel book by the Frommer people. no longer "budget travel" but still complete and very useful with maps and language info.
on October 2, 2009
It was of average help to us as we went to some non-touristy places too.
on May 19, 2009
I am an avid traveler. In fact I work at times Italy. I do know Italy more than most. I picked this up because I like to gleam every thing I DO NOT know already form a good source. It was just that. Very Good. So many times people ask me about what to see in Italy - This guide is an excellent source. Clearly written with comments, suggestions, maps and itinerary spelled out. Here is my suggestion - go to some major places to see the tourist Italy. But you must leave the beaten path to see the REAL Italy - (see my other review of Castello Ducale for instance) in Castel Campagnano- Take in the people. This a good solid guide with many valuable points and comments.
on August 4, 2009
We have used Frommer books a lot in the past. This one was disappointing. Eating and sleeping recommendations are pricey and not very imaginative. Went out and bought Rick Steves Italy book and haven't looked at this much since. This book seems focused on timid travelers.
on August 30, 2014
Frommer's is the best for a trip companion.
on January 4, 2015
Wife loved the background and recommendations in this book.