4.0 out of 5 stars Don't let the slow start to the season fool you...
Published on February 12, 2011 by jrock81

3.0 out of 5 stars Season 6: A speed bump in the momentum
Until this season "Sunny" has gotten progressively better each year -- finally hitting its apex with the amazing Season 5. Season 6, however, seemed to deviate from this momentum and proved to be generally uneven.

Published on July 27, 2011 by Charles Crosbie

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't let the slow start to the season fool you..., February 12, 2011
This review is from: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: The Complete Season 6 (DVD)
Let me say that I am a HUGE Always Sunny fan. The first 5 seasons were nothing short of pure genius. Needless to say I was pumped for season 6 - but it started off very weak. "Mac Fights Gay Marriage" and "Dennis Gets Divorced" is essentially a 2-part opening episode that falls flat. Both of these episodes were poorly written. I thought that this might be the beginning of the end for my favorite TV show....

Next up - "The Gang Buys a Boat". Pow! Always Sunny comes out swinging. The gang buys a "P. Diddy" style fishing boat and hilarity ensues. Some classic one-liners return: Dennis - "Those are barnacles. Do not eat those. Do not cook them in a pot and serve them to us." Not to mention Charlie finding a horse tooth under water and dreaming of some sort of "revolutionary times horse massacre". Oh wow.

The follow up episodes keep the funny ball rolling - especially "Mac's Mom Burns Her House Down" (can you say, a Golden Girls cheesecake situation?). The gang then hits another bump in the road with "The Gang Gets a New Member", which, despite a funny premise, fell a bit short of my expectations.

A bump is all it turned out to be. The final 4 episodes left me in tears. We find out who got Dee pregnant, exactly what "Blackface" is, and why Charlie Kelly is indeed, king of the rats.

This is the best show on TV. Period. I've already pre-ordered season 6.

Keep it coming fellas!

3.0 out of 5 stars Season 6: A speed bump in the momentum, July 27, 2011

As some other reviewers have noted, only two episodes were actually written by members of the main cast ("The Gang Buys a Boat" and "Who Got Dee Pregnant?") which fittingly are two of the season's strongest episodes. This fact points to probably the most glaring problem with Season 6 -- it has great moments, just fewer solid complete episodes than seasons past.

Sure "the implication," "Lethal Weapon 5" and Mac calling everyone a "Jabroni" will easily enter the canon of great and memorable Sunny moments, however episodes like "Mac and Charlie: White Trash" hardly hold up against their catalog of better written episodes.

Maybe it was too many side projects, maybe it was working around Kaitlin's pregnacy, maybe it was not having Fred Savage behind the camera or Rob, Charlie and Glenn not actually writing most of the material that hindered Season 6, but one can only hope Season 7 will regain the remarkable momentum this show had formerly achieved.

As for the consumer, I personally will buy this season just because I've watched the first five so many times -- but ulitimately I'm sure I'll be pulling out Season 6 discs as often as Season 1 in the near future. Funny moments, but few great episodes in this DVD pack.

5.0 out of 5 stars Always Funny in Philadelphia, April 28, 2014
One of the funniest shows on any medium! You'll never laugh harder, unless of course you're attacked by a rabid tank of nitrous oxide.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still great, November 14, 2010
Contrary to other reviews, I'm still loving this series. I'll admit, the first two episodes weren't the best (though they still had very funny parts - still laugh thinking about Mac's gag reflex), and I just don't know where the whole pregnancy thing is going, but the show is still a blast. Who Got Dee Pregnant was one of the best episodes yet, eps 8 & 9 were classic for Charlie, and as fans how can you people not be in love with Lethal Weapon 5? White Trash was pretty fantatstic so far too. All in all not the best season, but I'm still in love, and this is still the best show on television. I'm confident this season will end in fantastic fashion and have no issues giving this a five star rating with what I've seen so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lethal Weapon 5 is a classic, July 30, 2014
Film Fanatic (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
This is perhaps the funniest episode of this entire series, mostly because it contains Mac & Dennis' "Lethal Weapon 5" short. I laughed my ass off through most of this episode. I think this particular episode strikes a chord, because it reminds me of some of the things I've filmed. The Charlie mannequin getting kicked out of a window and run over by a UPS truck? That sort of cheap special effects reminds me of when me and my friends filmed/acted a French short story in which a boy was shot; we used fireworks as squibs under water balloons filled with homemade fake blood... and the result was spectacularly campy and hilarious. Anyway, "Dee Reynolds: Shaping America's Youth" is easily the best episode of the season. I can't believe this show has been around for 9 seasons, and I hope they keep going.

FYI: Dennis makes a much better Riggs, and Mac does a much better Murtaugh (though blackface was a regrettable choice)

2.0 out of 5 stars Season 6 is not that Sunny, January 6, 2011
Dude (Cincinnati, OH) - See all my reviews
The critics of this season are correct, but with one caveat: Your frame of reference. As a follow-up to seasons 1-5, the sixth season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is a big disappointment. The previous seasons set the bar high, and as long time fans sit down to watch this season, they expect that same level of greatness. The cast, and especially the writers, did not deliver. The performances were phoned-in, the stories were lacking, and the season finale was rehash of year old special that many fans had already seen. However, for many, this will be their first exposure to the show. For people who don't know any better, it will be funny and entertaining (and not a let down). In a way, these people are lucky, because as they watch previous seasons they're in for a treat.

So the bottom line is that this season is not as good as past seasons, in fact, in comparison it's bad. On its own, it's just okay.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 15, 2014
Best comedy ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 10, 2014
Funny with a capital F

4.0 out of 5 stars Of course it's stupid but it can get really funny stupid!, July 10, 2014
When there good they are really funny but I do find many episodes are not that good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 9, 2014
these guys and weird and funny

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: The Complete Season 6