There really isn't much to say about wonderful e-book other than it's obvious that a lot of love went into creating it. My only complaints are all the links to other (purchasable) books, and useless social media integration, as well as the unnecessary network permission.

Published on October 31, 2012 by Samuel Mitchell

3.0 out of 5 stars did not get prize at end :-(
Good interactive book but didn't get the big prize at the end for completing all the achievements. I see others in these reviews had the same problem.
Published on November 1, 2012 by EazySteve

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic story turned into a phenomenal, interactive Android book; and the whole thing is marvelously narrated by Peter Robbins, October 31, 2012
This review is from: It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown (App)

Other than the classic story (with great animations and phenomenal storytelling), there are also multiple interactive options such as the ability to play Schroeder's piano (you can even follow along with the guide to actually play something) or a few others (I won't spoil the surprise). Completing them gives you a reward at the end.

I also love the ability to tap any word and hear it again. I really wish more digital books include this option.

As I said before, my main complaints are the plethora of advertising on the last page of the book. Before I knew what happened my daughter was already off clicking on links and almost purchased another Charlie Brown book. I will be installing this on her rooted and firewalled tablet to prevent it from happening again.

The Good:

- Phenomenal animations help bring this book to life.

- Lots of activities you can take part in. While Schroeder's piano is really the star here, the others aren't too bland either.

- Great TOC option allows you to jump anywhere in this book, meaning you can replay each activity with ease.

- You are able to turn off the narrator and music (not that you would want to).

- Excellent voice acting.

- The ability to tap a word to hear it again is awesome and should be included in every book turned app.

- Good sound and effects.

The Bad:

- Priced a bit high at $3.99, however for the quality it's not too bad.

- The last page is full of advertisements for other books and social media options.

- Open network sockets permission. This permission isn't too bad by itself, only when combined with other permissions can it be used to cause some damage.

The Ugly:

- I found nothing too terrible in this app.

Scores:
App - 5/5
Permissions - 3/5
Combined - 4/5

Conclusion:
This app really is amazing and a breath of fresh air compared to the Halloween junk that Amazon has been handing out these past few days. Defiantly worth the free download as today's FAOTD, and even worth the asking price if played on a rooted device, in airplane mode, or a wifi only device with wireless disabled.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cuteness!, October 31, 2012
This review is from: It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown (App)
That was just adorable... what a wonderful vintage feel. A true cross between the book and the TV Special. Love the little interactive surprises too. There's some cute dialogue between the characters that you'll miss if you simply turn the page without tapping the kids. You can make bunches of candy fly at the kids (though nothing stops poor Charlie Brown from getting all rocks), and you can really animate the decorations at Violet's party. All in all, an excellent Halloween gift to young and old. Thank you Amazon. Can't wait to show this to my 6 yr old today. Happy Halloween, everyone! Boo! ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars 2nd best interactive book app, October 28, 2012
This review is from: It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown (App)
My kids love interactive book. This book will not dissapoint. The only interactive book that is better is Charlie Brown Christmas. It is a better story and the I feel the interactions fit better with the story. That being said It's the great pumpkin Charlie Brown far surpasses all the other interactive books I've tried. We really like how you can create your own charachter, wish that charachter would be more incorporated into story. Narration and Pictures really do the TV special proud. LoudCrow really has there thumb on how to make a good interactive book. Hopefully they will do a nice Charlie Brown Thanksgiving book.

I operated this book on a VTAB it worked fine and no crashes.

5.0 out of 5 stars I've aged, but the story is timeless, October 31, 2012
This review is from: It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown (App)
I was born in 1946, so I cannot remember a time when "Peanuts" was not a mainstay of the newspaper comic strips. Of the numerous Peanuts TV specials, "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" is definitely my favorite, since it includes Lucy and Charlie's classic football scene, and Linus and Sally's night in the pumpkin patch, fruitlessly waiting for the Great Pumpkin to show. This app is a recreation of that TV show.

This is one of the finest animated children's stories that I've seen. With the pop-up figures that move when you touch them, and the other animated features, it's a joy to read for anyone, grownups included. And be sure to touch everything, too. I loved the character Pigpen, who sheds dirt when he's touched. I loved touching falling leaves (I won't say what happens - find out for yourself!).

After reading the story the first time, I learned that there were five awards to be earned. I won one of them for raking leaves, but there are four more that I'll go back and try for now.

Did I mention that I love Peanuts and its lovable cast of characters?

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute, December 6, 2012
This review is from: It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown (App)
My kids enjoy it and I love the fact they get to hear the story read to them whenever they want.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ah, Charlie Brown, I love you., December 23, 2012
This review is from: It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown (App)
What's not to love about this book? Charles Schultz was a genius who will be a part of childrens' lives for years to come as we who grew up on these stories share them with our own children, and they with theirs. This app makes the book come alive and was a very enjoyable bedtime story as Halloween approached. My daughter especially likes the interactive items in the book.

1.0 out of 5 stars I tried to watch it, December 8, 2012
This review is from: It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown (App)
I think Charlie brown is just an awesome animation but this didnt play well on my kindle fire for some odd reason. It was so jumpy and wasnt all that great. Deleted after watching it one time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work, November 21, 2012
This review is from: It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown (App)
Only reads the first page per section, then moves to the second, but when you turn a page again, it goes back to reading the first part of the sections again. If you try to make the characters talk, it goes back to the first section again. My kids were really disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars did not get prize at end :-(, November 1, 2012
EazySteve (Sacramento, CA United States) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Halloween from the 1960's and 1970's, October 31, 2012
This review is from: It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown (App)
This was originally a special on television every year, and it never got old. It is nice to see it in an updated formate to share with today's kids.

This version has been developed into an interactive book, and app that includes a lot of extra features. It has the music from the original television special.

The app will read the story, and if you point at a word, the word is spoken. There are a lot of neat little features that children will enjoy discovering. One of the best features of the book is the piano. You can play the small, interactive piano (any simple music). The book includes three short songs, which help children learn how to read and play music.

There was a minor annoyance, however. The product description indicated there would be a prize, but after collecting all of the items, the prize wasn't delivered.

It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown by Loud Crow Interactive Inc.
$4.99