5.0 out of 5 stars A True Legend, August 30, 2011
Like a few other reviewers, my interest grew about the story of Bill Gaither through reading Henry Slaughter's In Search of the Pearl of Great Price: The Unforgettable Autobiography of Henry Slaughter.

Like's Henry's book, It's More Than the Music book is an amazing story through the eyes of a man whose music has literally changed Gospel music history. And what an amazing history it has been. It's a must-read.

Bill Gaither is truly a living legend!

5.0 out of 5 stars A life serving God, February 26, 2005
This review is from: It's More Than the Music: Life Lessons on Friends, Faith, and What Matters Most (Hardcover)
Have you ever sung, "He Touched Me" or "Because He Lives" or "Let's Just Praise the Lord" in church? If you read Bill Gaither's book, you'll find out the stories behind these classic songs which he and his wife Gloria wrote. You'll also find out how Gaither first met and helped launch the careers of Sandi Patty, Michael English, Mark Lowry and many others. The first chapter of "It's More Than the Music" tells how the very popular homecoming videos and concert tours got started.

This is a book any fan of Christian music should definitely read.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's More Than the Music, March 9, 2011
If you like Bill Gaither and his music I would highly recommed this book. It is very informative. It is delightful reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slice of Americana, August 19, 2011
I didn't know a lot about Bill Gaither, except for what I'd seen on TV, until a friend told me about Henry Slaughter's autobiography, IN SEARCH OF THE PEARL OF GREAT PRICE. After reading that wonderful book, it was only natural to do a search on Amazon.com about some of the other people who were part of Mr. Slaughter's story...and Bill Gaither's IT'S MORE THAN THE MUSIC was one of those.

I'm glad I ordered it. It's a great slice of Americana, filled with stories that eventually turned the "every day" Gaithers into such extraordinary people who have impacted people all over the world with their music.

If you love Gospel music, as I do, then you'll love Bill Gaither's remarkable, revealing book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting lead chapter, hard to put down. Blasted thru until page 66, then too an eye rest., August 9, 2014
New item, or same as. I took a look at chapter 1 and couldn't stop until well past it. When I was into the next chapter, the fast, exciting lead-in event was gone and he took us back into his teen years and great disappointment at a non-career. I took a reading break when he was moving deeper into religion, but I am sure this will be quite good too. But that first chapter, the first of the "Homecoming" series (not intended to be a series), gave a thrill as a great, really fine thing developed as the reader watched.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's More Than the Music, and this book confirms it!, November 19, 2013
Leonard B Packer (Felixstow, South Australia Australia) - See all my reviews
Just love the man and his music, and the book just confirms his inspirations and what really matters. God bless Bill Gaither.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gaithers, October 14, 2013
The Gaithers (individually and collectively) have contributed more to Gospel music than anyone else I know about - and the quality and depth of their songs are unmatched. I can't think of one that does not stir my soul and that I do not love to sing.
Bill's book is excellent, very well-written and provides interesting insights to many situations and other performers. I loved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book, July 12, 2013
suzie Q (Tonto Verde, Az United States) - See all my reviews
a wonderful book with so much history about gospel music and its many great singers and all the other participants. Written with sincerity and great love.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Words, May 25, 2013
Carl T. Booker (Griffith, IN, US) - See all my reviews
This book is high on my list of books to read again. Being a lover of gospel music, I've always loved Gaither music.
This book gives very interesting things that didn't always happen "on stage." The Gaithers have surrounded themselves
with very talented people which is quite evident in the book as well as when watching one of their shows.

Carl Booker

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating read!, May 1, 2013
Tess "Tess" (Cincinnati, OH) - See all my reviews
I have loved Bill and Gloria Gaither for as long as i can remember! Their music has been so inspiring! This book gives great glimpses into their lives both professionally and personally. I love the stories of how God has worked in their lives! The stories behind some of their songs are fascinating! Other insights include how wonderfully gifted Bill is with organizing, decision making and all aspects of the music world. Bill and Gloria celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary December 2012 and I can not think of a more perfect union to spread the Gospel thru music, word and deed than Bill and Gloria! I hope they know how many lives they have touched. I still follow the Gaither Vocal Band around because of the praise and worship and inspiration thru wonderful beautiful music! You will love this book!

It's More Than the Music: Life Lessons on Friends, Faith, and What Matters Most