Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: It's Not Just Who You Know: Transform Your Life (and Your Organization) by Turning Colleagues and Contacts into Lasting, Genuine Relationships
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on June 5, 2011
I'm on my 3rd reading of this book. There are so many lessons I'm learning. I'm so inspired to follow through with volunteering that I've been putting off....despite how much I love to do volunteer work. It's just a matter of searching for the right fit to focus my drive...if you're searching too....I recommend giving this book a try, too.
on March 6, 2016
This is an excellent, easy to read book. The way the author uses his life stories to make his points keeps the book interesting. I would highly recommend.
on June 21, 2013
I purchased this book after hearing the author at a speaking engagement. His speaking is inspirational. The book goes into more depth. I recommend it.
on March 17, 2014
I heard the author speak which encouraged me to purchase the book. Outstanding and motivational book!
I recommend everybody should read it.
on August 11, 2010
This book examines the power of genuine relationships and the positive impact they have on your professional and personal life. The unlikely stroke of luck in Tommy Spaulding's life was his struggle with dyslexia, which compelled the author to focus on the world around him in terms of how he connected with mentors, friends, colleagues, donors and audiences relationally. Spaulding's efforts to compensate for his challenge with the written word opened up a profound understanding of what it means to build relationships that transform your life and work goals into reality.

Nonprofit and corporate leaders who read this book will find they look at the people in their life with a different lens--a lens that sheds new light on how to nurture their professional and personal relationships so they become what Spaulding refers to as "Fifth Floor" relationships. This is not just a book that espouses the merits of good networking. In fact, it discourages it. Instead, Spaulding provides real examples and strategies for elevating your current relationships and how to launch new ones in the spirit of giving rather than taking. Additionally,Spaulding uses a helpful first through fifth floor analogy for evaluating your relationships, and provides readers with nine essential traits for committing to a new way of genuinely connecting with the people around them. You will never look at a chance meeting or formal introduction in the same way after reading this book.
on June 10, 2013
I love this book. I have gained great knowledge reading it and plan to share the learned experience with others..
on June 10, 2013
This book was a good read. Leaves you thinking! Wasn't what I expected based on his seminars nut a good read.
on June 2, 2016
Tommy Spaulding is my cousin. I enjoyed both his books and I'm very proud of him
on January 12, 2015
This is an excellent business and leadership resource
on August 12, 2010
Tommy's book brings out the most basic principals of building relationships. You can't really love some one until you really know them.
This is true in business as well as personal relationships. Tommy through personal experience has brought out practical ways to "Ask meaningful questions,listen intently and fall in love with someone" which makes for a a meaningfull relationship.
A must read and not just for business people!