Customer Discussions > PlayStation Move Starter Bundle forum

It's Official: PS3 Has Best Software Library of 2010

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 10, 2011 10:34:57 PM PST
Waldo says:
All console warriors, lay down your weapons and surrender at once: It's been scientifically (?) proven by Famitsu magazine that the PlayStation 3 had the highest-quality software library for the year 2010. (Assuming you trust Famitsu's reviews, that is.)
The Japanese publication made this conclusion by crunching the scores on the 516 games it reviewed last year and seeing how many titles scored at least a "Silver" award by getting 30 out of 40 possible points. The resulting numbers speak for themselves, at least if you're a Sony fan -- a whopping 77 out of 103 PS3 games in 2010 netted a Famitsu award, nearly three-quarters of the entire release lineup. Two-thirds of Xbox 360 releases in Japan (65 out of 97) got awards, and 27 out of 43 Wii games scored at least 30/40, a ratio of 62.8%.

As you'd figure, the percentages weren't quite so hot for the portable systems. 58 out of 117 Nintendo DS games (just under half) got rewarded by Famitsu this year, and the numbers were even worse for the PSP, with only 56 out of 130 titles (43.1%) making the cut. The PlayStation 2 fared worst of all, with only 6 out of 26 releases (20.1%) making the grade.

In case you're interested, the 289 games that earned Famitsu awards in 2010 would cost you a grand total of 1,824,684 yen (about $22,136) if you purchased them all at list price. If you stacked all the boxes on top of each other, you'd have an unstable tower of plastic reaching over 160 feet into the air. Also, if you did either of these things, chances are good you would have trouble retaining a girlfriend.

http://www.1up.com/news/official-ps3-software-library-2010

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2011 4:48:27 AM PST
Totido says:
Yawn.

Posted on Feb 11, 2011 10:29:49 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 11, 2011 10:30:08 AM PST
mjc0961 says:
There is absolutely nothing official about that. The reviews in themselves are just opinion, and in this case it is just one company's opinion being considered. Thus, the only thing this "proves" is that the people at Famitsu enjoyed more games for the PS3 than any other platform last year. Nothing more, nothing less.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2011 6:58:31 PM PST
Waldo says:
@ Steven

I'm sure If I had an Xbox too, I'd also be yawning!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2011 7:50:53 AM PST
Totido says:
Actually, I have 2 PS3's and 2 Xbox's. I see your thread is very popular. Yawn. You idiot fanboys are like spoiled children. My dad's bigger than yours. Yawn.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2011 7:52:18 AM PST
Totido says:
Especially coming from a Jap publication.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2011 8:20:34 AM PST
Waldo says:
Um, I just got a PS3 a year ago, already had a Wii and roomie has an Xbox. No fan boy here at all, sorry to burst yer bubble!! With my work schedule I'm lucky if I can play once a month on any console! So yeah, yawn to you! lol
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Feb 10, 2011
Latest post:  Feb 12, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
PlayStation Move Starter Bundle
PlayStation Move Starter Bundle by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (500)