5.0 out of 5 stars It's so easy!
Published on January 21, 2004 by Heidi A. Holcomb Rankin

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for an older kid
Published on August 23, 2006 by Midwest Reader

5.0 out of 5 stars It's so easy!, January 21, 2004
This review is from: It's Potty Time (DVD)
We can not sing this show's praises enough! We have a 3 year old daughter, that was 2 at the time she watched it. We just turned it on and sang the goofy songs with her, not really pushing her to use the potty. She watched and sang for about 2 weeks and by the time I had my baby instead of her regressing she began to use the potty- 2 days after delivery! The songs are goofy and my 10 year old ended up singing them at school too. But this video is fantastic for 2 years on up. I highly recommend it. We have purchased it for our neice. Buy it if you can!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievibly corny, but it worked like magic!, January 8, 2006
Crystal (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: It's Potty Time (DVD)
When I first started potty training my 2 year old I tried out different videos from the library to see which ones she responded to most. I showed her "It's Potty Time" and after I returned it she started letting me know when she needed to go and soon she was able to make it in time. Then she just stopped and wanted nothing to do with the potty. I tried moving it to different locations. That didn't work. I bought one of the other videos she had watched. It was cute, she liked it, but she still resisted the potty. I wondered if "It's Potty Time" was what she needed, but I really didn't want to sit through it again. When I first saw it I thought the wrong video was in the case because they went on for what felt like 2 minutes singing about Bobby's Birthday. Later there's a little girl sitting on the toilet reading a Raggedy Ann book, then the video becomes all about the story in the book. It just goes off in so many different directions. I was expecting it to focus soley on potty training, but maybe they change things up to keep kids interested. Whatever the reason, it actually works. All I have to do is pop in the DVD and it turns on by itself and replays over and over without me having to bother anything. Some of the costumes are really silly looking and the songs are ridiculous. I hope my daughter never sings any of them in public, because that would be so embarrassing. However, as much as I complain about this video, I have to say I picked it up again for my daughter yesterday, just to see if it would do the trick and she has been using her potty on her own ever since she watched it. I would recommend this video over any other.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for an older kid, August 23, 2006
This review is from: It's Potty Time (DVD)
This video is a good choice for an older kid, not for first-time potty users. There are several "breaks" from the potty instruction material to follow other story lines. This holds a 3 year old (or older) child's attention better than just slamming them over the head repeatedly with potty info. But for a younger child it would probably not be an effective way to discuss the potty. My 3 year old son loves this video, especially the scene that shows that boys need to pull their pants down before standing up to pee. But this video is not a "magic pill" that will suddenly teach your kid to use the potty. I give it three stars because my child loves it, but it doesn't have him running to the potty afterwards.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Video Really Helped!, September 19, 2004
This review is from: It's Potty Time (DVD)
My daughter is 2.5 and showed very little interest in potty training. Once I showed her the video she not only loved it and wanted to watch it over and over, but began to mimic what the kids were doing in the video. We have had the video for a little over a week and she is now going potty! ... Oh, this video has a SPANISH track too. Very helpful for those of us trying to raise bilingual children.

The songs are silly, but my daughter likes them, and the video is short which works great with a toddler's short attention span.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Dooper Pooper!, April 26, 2004
This review is from: It's Potty Time (DVD)
I first purchased this in VHS Format 6 Years Ago and used it with Success for my first son....then a few years later I used it with my Daughter with Success....and recently Ordered this wonderful Potty Training Tool in Dvd Format and am Positive it will work wonders for my last Baby......To be Continued!Buy This It is Well Worth The Few Dollars ;0)

4.0 out of 5 stars Daughter loves it., May 17, 2007
This review is from: It's Potty Time (DVD)
I bought this video and Potty Power. My daughter watched this one with great interest, but wouldn't watch Potty Power. She even would pout for me to put this one on instead when i would try to get her to watch Potty Power. The first time I played it for her, she talked about the songs while using the toilet that night.

It's filled with great SHORT songs.

As far as others comments about the story line, it moves around a lot and has short choppy segments because that keeps a young childs interests. And as far as it being someones birthday, kids LOVE birthdays, that is a catchy vehicle to keep their interest as well.

This one was the keeper for me. I felt potty power also daught dawdling on the toilet and showed kids pulling and pulling on the toilet paper roll (basically emptying a roll) and showed the same girl wipe her teddy bear 30 times or so. At least in this video, It's Potty Time, the girl gently wipes her bear just a few times.

I can't speak for you or your child, but from a psycologist point of veiw, this is a much better video.

I only gave it 4 stars because it's yet to be seen how well it will work in assiting in my daughters potty training. I will update soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars English Version, March 9, 2006
This review is from: It's Potty Time (DVD)
I bought this video in VHS format a few years ago for my oldest. It was the BEST potty video ever! Now I purchased it again in DVD format. The DVD has great songs that are catchy (sometimes a little silly for adults), and a great theme: going to a party. My son -- who is VERY stubborn -- likes seeing kids in real situations making the decision to go to the bathroom. He hasn't had an accident since. My son also didn't want to potty train until he was almost 4. So this DVD works great as the kids are older than 2. LOVE IT!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy it!, September 1, 2005
This review is from: It's Potty Time (DVD)
This is the worst! This movie is about bobby's birthday party, not going potty! Every so often they mention going potty, but really the focus is the party. Half the songs don't even relate to going potty. They sing ABC's etc....they sing about Bobby being a big boy now that he is 4 and how he does all these things, not one of the things mentioned is about going potty!

We also bought Potty power....it is great! The whole dialoge is related to going potty. Much better! This movie just made me angry that I spent $20 on it. Total waste!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works!, November 2, 2004
This review is from: It's Potty Time (DVD)
My daughter was turning 3 and refused point blank to use either the toilet or the potty, that is until we got this DVD. The frustrating thing was she knew when and how, but just wouldn't. This DVD combined the two things she loves the most - singing and dancing, and within a few short weeks we progressed from the potty through to the toilet and she is now day time toilet trained. The songs are catchy and she loves them, but beware you may find yourself singing them too...

5.0 out of 5 stars Potty Time DVD, August 7, 2006
This review is from: It's Potty Time (DVD)
I agree with most of the other parents--cheeessy!! Adults will be rolling their eyes, but the kids love it! and it works, so what more can you ask? My son sings the songs while going to the potty, washing hands, etc. He was almost potty trained, this DVD helped us complete the job. (along with the trips to the toy store, and promise of being able to go to school)

It is certainly worth trying.

It's Potty Time
It's Potty Time by LTE Inc. (DVD - 1990)
Out of stock