Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: It's Potty Time
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on January 21, 2004
We can not sing this show's praises enough! We have a 3 year old daughter, that was 2 at the time she watched it. We just turned it on and sang the goofy songs with her, not really pushing her to use the potty. She watched and sang for about 2 weeks and by the time I had my baby instead of her regressing she began to use the potty- 2 days after delivery! The songs are goofy and my 10 year old ended up singing them at school too. But this video is fantastic for 2 years on up. I highly recommend it. We have purchased it for our neice. Buy it if you can!!
on January 8, 2006
When I first started potty training my 2 year old I tried out different videos from the library to see which ones she responded to most. I showed her "It's Potty Time" and after I returned it she started letting me know when she needed to go and soon she was able to make it in time. Then she just stopped and wanted nothing to do with the potty. I tried moving it to different locations. That didn't work. I bought one of the other videos she had watched. It was cute, she liked it, but she still resisted the potty. I wondered if "It's Potty Time" was what she needed, but I really didn't want to sit through it again. When I first saw it I thought the wrong video was in the case because they went on for what felt like 2 minutes singing about Bobby's Birthday. Later there's a little girl sitting on the toilet reading a Raggedy Ann book, then the video becomes all about the story in the book. It just goes off in so many different directions. I was expecting it to focus soley on potty training, but maybe they change things up to keep kids interested. Whatever the reason, it actually works. All I have to do is pop in the DVD and it turns on by itself and replays over and over without me having to bother anything. Some of the costumes are really silly looking and the songs are ridiculous. I hope my daughter never sings any of them in public, because that would be so embarrassing. However, as much as I complain about this video, I have to say I picked it up again for my daughter yesterday, just to see if it would do the trick and she has been using her potty on her own ever since she watched it. I would recommend this video over any other.
on August 23, 2006
This video is a good choice for an older kid, not for first-time potty users. There are several "breaks" from the potty instruction material to follow other story lines. This holds a 3 year old (or older) child's attention better than just slamming them over the head repeatedly with potty info. But for a younger child it would probably not be an effective way to discuss the potty. My 3 year old son loves this video, especially the scene that shows that boys need to pull their pants down before standing up to pee. But this video is not a "magic pill" that will suddenly teach your kid to use the potty. I give it three stars because my child loves it, but it doesn't have him running to the potty afterwards.
on June 21, 2015
I am familiar with this video, as years ago my Mom had a VHS copy at her home daycare. When I have been having difficulties potty training my daughter, I instantly thought of "It's Potty Time". It may seem a little weird, my husband laughed so hard to the "Super dooper Pooper" song but it works! My daughter watches it once every couple of days (its only about 30 minutes long) and she already wants to go sit on the potty more. Watch it with your child, encourage them and learn the seemingly ridiculous songs, because your kid will be singing them while on the potty!
on September 19, 2004
My daughter is 2.5 and showed very little interest in potty training. Once I showed her the video she not only loved it and wanted to watch it over and over, but began to mimic what the kids were doing in the video. We have had the video for a little over a week and she is now going potty! ... Oh, this video has a SPANISH track too. Very helpful for those of us trying to raise bilingual children.

The songs are silly, but my daughter likes them, and the video is short which works great with a toddler's short attention span.
on January 22, 2013
Boring. Very dated. Even the diapers pictured in this video are the old plastic-y taped-on disposables of the 70's. The music is awful, the clowns are lame, and the story line is about a 4-year old boy's birthday party... NOT about how to use the toilet. I am a mid-40's, stay-at-home mom. I was annoyed by the lack of substance in this so-called introduction to potty training. I don't even know what age group they are even aiming at. We have many other Potty-Training videos I would recommend... none of them are the ideal instructional videos, but they are all better than this one. My 3-year old liked "Potty Power" (also, somewhat dated but helpful, instructional, and much less annoying). He also asks to watch "Potty Pirate" and "Elmo's Potty Time" videos. "Potty Time with Bear" addresses the issue of not wanting to stop playing to go potty. "The Magic Bowl" is a weird cartoon, probably better for fashion-conscious girls, but got my son to want to 'aim'... also introduced the idea that diapers are 'icky' and 'uncomfortable'.
on April 26, 2004
I first purchased this in VHS Format 6 Years Ago and used it with Success for my first son....then a few years later I used it with my Daughter with Success....and recently Ordered this wonderful Potty Training Tool in Dvd Format and am Positive it will work wonders for my last Baby......To be Continued!Buy This It is Well Worth The Few Dollars ;0)
on March 8, 2011
We must have purchased every potty training video (DVD) for you children available! Out of all of them, this was his favorite! He watched it from beginning to end, and it became a daily ritual. He especially loved the songs. I like that it is not cartoonish and shows real children doing their business including washing hands!
on March 9, 2006
I bought this video in VHS format a few years ago for my oldest. It was the BEST potty video ever! Now I purchased it again in DVD format. The DVD has great songs that are catchy (sometimes a little silly for adults), and a great theme: going to a party. My son -- who is VERY stubborn -- likes seeing kids in real situations making the decision to go to the bathroom. He hasn't had an accident since. My son also didn't want to potty train until he was almost 4. So this DVD works great as the kids are older than 2. LOVE IT!
on September 17, 2013
Our son had just turned 4 and I was more-than-stressed about getting him potty trained. Since he was 3 we'd tried again and again with reward charts and new underwear and several books and M&Ms/stickers, but nothing worked. He wasn't motivated by those things. He knew what he needed to do, but was stubborn/comfortable in his diapers, and was about to miss out on attending preschool.

It was his pediatrician who told us about this video. Following his directions, we simply informed our son it was time. We tossed out his diapers and pull-ups completely, took away the rewards (Mommy and Daddy don't get M&Ms for peeing and pooping - though that would be great if we did!), and we played the video once a day for a week or two, even if he DIDN'T watch it.

About 3 days in, our son turned a corner and began consistently using the potty. Yes, we still had to give him reminders. Yes, there were a few accidents here and there over the coming month, but he was able to start preschool a couple weeks later and has been good ever since. He's 5 now.

That said, adults will feel the video sucks. The production of the DVD is bad, old, cheesy (and I mean CHEES-Y), and the story seems to focus on anything BUT potty training by telling the story of Bobby and his birthday party. But, I think those subversive tricks work. Kids are distracted by the story. They learn that when they have to go, they have to take a break...even when fun is happening. They are taught to wipe and wash their hands. It was tedious to watch each day as an adult, but the video is for kids! It sunk in over time, and like any bad song, Super Pooper was stuck in our heads by the end of the week.

So please parents - be patient if you get this DVD or any DVD. Like any of them on the market, you need to play them once a day for a few days (regardless of whether your kid wants to watch them or not) before deciding they don't work or you wasted your $$. Anyone who's gone on a diet or quit smoking knows behavior modification takes time - and your kids are no exception.

This DVD - and the approach our pediatrician gave us - worked for us. And now that our youngest is 2 we'll try it on him! Good luck parents!