4.0 out of 5 stars Vintage Prelutsky
Published on June 2, 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm hoping the grandbabies will enjoy it more than I do
I'm not as found of this one as I am the Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas books from Jack Prelutsky; maybe it will grow on me! I'm hoping the grandbabies will enjoy it more than I do!
Published 3 months ago by Dorothy Harrington

4.0 out of 5 stars Vintage Prelutsky, June 2, 2001
By A Customer
It's Snowing! It's Snowing! is a collection of seventeen poems about winter. The poetry has strong meter and rhythm and has definite child-appeal. The poems cover such topics as signs of winter, winter activities, and a child's necessary adaptations to survive the cold. The illustrations are small, but effectively rendered in muted tones which give the book a sort of "winter atomosphere." A favorite of my eighth grade students is "A Snowflake Fell" on page 41: " I wondered at the beauty/ of its intricate design,/ I breathed, the snowflake vanished,/ but for moments, it was mine."

5.0 out of 5 stars a must have for kids from 2 to 102, May 17, 2010
This review is from: It's Snowing! It's Snowing!: Winter Poems (I Can Read Book 3) (Paperback)
In general I am not too fond of poetry, be it adult or children's poetry. I ordered this book along with several others by Jack Prelutsky for my 4 grandsons ranging in age from 2 to 7. As I usually do, I read every one of them before they do. Since I am not as eloquent as the author I cannot find the appropriate words as to how to describe how special these books are. Every child and adult with a sense of humor should pick up at least one of Mr. Prelutsky's books and read it. Even though they are written for kids, as an adult I found them to be more then special. He is an excellent author who does things with words that will not only entertain you and any child that is lucky enough to own his books, but after reading them I would not be surprised if this introduction to poetry will result in kids at any age being anxious to read more of Mr. Prelutsky's books. This author is exceptional when it comes to putting into verse life the way kids perceive it. His expertise in making the verses flow and rhyme so perfectly is a literary experience all children of any age should be exposed to. Any adult reading these books to a young child will not be bored and will actually look forward to the forthcoming verbal interaction that will be fulfilling for both the child and the adult. Some of his books are written for children that are reading on their own. These children will no doubt enjoy reading the books that were written for younger kids as well. Don't be surprised if they go back to these books over and over again even when childhood is just a memory. Do a child a favor and open the door to a very special reading experience that will not soon be forgotten.

The books themselves which include both hardcover and soft cover are made so that each page is thick enough to withstand being handled by children and even the soft covered books look and feel as if they are much more expensive than what I actually paid for them. When you hold it you can see how substantial and well made the book is. Like the potato chip commercial says, you can't just read one, after reading one I am sure that you will want to buy all of Mr. Prelutsky's children's books which is exactly what I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Ever, September 25, 2008
What a wonderfully delightful book.....Jack Prelutsky has been a long time favorite of mine from my Teaching Career!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, September 13, 2010
My second graders absolutely love this collection. We read it as a class and it remained a favorite in our class library well into June. It also won a classroom "favorite book" award. I really like these smaller poetry collections because they are thematic and easier to manage than larger anthologies. I definitely recommend this book to teachers and parents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Using this with my son, who is a struggling reader., January 14, 2015
The poems are just the right bite size chunks to get my reluctant reader working on his skills in daily practice. The Level 3 books are much longer than the 1 and even 2 books are, so having small pieces for each day makes it not so overwhelming.

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm hoping the grandbabies will enjoy it more than I do, October 27, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, December 15, 2014
My grandkids really enjoy the poems about snow and cold weather...

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, August 20, 2014
Prelutsky is such a great children's poet!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, October 23, 2014
Fun to read with grands

It's Snowing! It's Snowing!: Winter Poems (I Can Read Book 3)
It's Snowing! It's Snowing!: Winter Poems (I Can Read Book 3) by Jack Prelutsky (Paperback - November 7, 2006)
$3.99