5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book for 12 and under
Published on January 3, 2012 by Brian8963

1.0 out of 5 stars short and silly
my grandson was uninterested and he loves dinosaurs. so short and a waste of money. i would not recommend this to anyone.
Published on September 27, 2012 by Susie

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book for 12 and under, January 3, 2012
This review is from: It's Tyrannosaurus Rex! - Smithsonian's Prehistoric Pals (App)
Downloaded to Kindle Fire with no issues. My two children under ten love this book! Good work to the developers! We choose read to me, and the interaction of this tile is well done. The screen zooms in close on the dino, and pans back out to read more text. We have downloaded two other Smithsonian titles, and my children love them. We will look for more from Smithsonian.

1.0 out of 5 stars short and silly, September 27, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars My 3 Year Old LOVES this!, January 10, 2013
Eric Camp (Shoreline, WA, US) - See all my reviews
The auto play has a lovely naration with dino sound effects. Not graphic, even though it is about a T. rex looking for food. Lots of nice illustrations, I would highly recommend this series to anyone with young kids. Also has a self read option for older kids.... Really great.

4.0 out of 5 stars it provides excellent reading experiences for young children, December 5, 2014
IT’S TYRANNOSAURUS REX is part of the SMITHSONIAN’S PREHISTORIC PALS series that provides engaging interactive book apps exploring dinosaurs and the prehistoric world.

This book focuses on the dinosaur known as the tyrannosaurus rex.

While the e-book is short and lacks some of the interaction of other apps for kids, it provides excellent reading experiences for young children. Designed for ages 3-8, users choose from the standard read-to-me, read-it-myself, and autoplay modes. Each screen contains a colorful picture along with a couple sentences of text. New vocabulary and pictures are clickable and provide additional information. An option is provided for children to record and share their own voice reading.

So... if you’re looking for an ebook for your child, this is a good choice. However if you’re looking for a gaming environment, you’ll be disappointed.

Oceanhouse Media is known for their high-quality apps for youth. If you like this one, look for dozens of other ebooks to purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Roaring Great, March 29, 2013
Great for kids who love dinosaurs. The extra parts of the sounds excite the kids as they hear the book read to them.

5.0 out of 5 stars T-rex, May 17, 2012
I have two boys that are 4 and 3 and are very into dinosaurs and this interactive read to me book did the trick. They enjoyed it quite a bit. As other reviewers have stated, the facts may be a bit off as the T-rex was not the largest dinosaur but it is the most famous and most recognizable by children and adults alike.

Worthwhile purchase for my kids to enjoy.

4.0 out of 5 stars tyrant, March 9, 2012
T rex is one of the most powerful predators that wheigh to be 7-9 tons!But the book is amazing even though t rex is not the biggest but the most powerful and strongest dinosuar of all time,and all ways will be!

5.0 out of 5 stars love, May 2, 2012
Bought for my nephew he really enjoys the book. He thinks it's a big deal he can
do it all by himself.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great to have it read to your kids, February 16, 2013
My sons love to heave this book read to them. Usually I'm falling to sleep reading books to my sons, now they are happy to have the Kindle read it to them in bright and vivid color on my Kindle Fire.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome book for kids, January 15, 2012
My son loves this book. Great book for kinds who like dinosaur. Hope to see more books of this nature from om.