Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon October 7, 2007
R.E.M. is a band that has had great success with a number of hit albums and popular singles. This was one of their earlier successes although it was certainly dwarfed by later successes such as Losing My Religion. When the band released "In Time: The Best of REM" I was disappointed to see that they left this song out of the collection for some reason. With the song's release on Amazon as an unrestricted mp3 for less than a dollar, I can finally pick it up at a reasonable price and complete my R.E.M. collection.

"It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)" is one of the group's bouncier tunes and the lyrics are interesting if a bit obscure at times. The song has held up better than a lot of R.E.M.'s work and is better remembered than some of their songs that charted higher at the time they were released. All in all, it's well worth picking up.
on April 18, 2015
This has always been one of my favorite REM songs, but I only had an LP version. So I sprung for the mp3 version to play on my computer and portable player. With the Amazon credit for slower shipping, that works out to free music. Thanks!
on December 8, 2012
This is great. I needed a copy of End of the World for a Mayan themed party on December 21 when the world is supposed to end. WTF, who needs the world anyway. Anhow, now all may favorite songs are just a few mouse clicks away for 99 cents. this gives you the capability of I tunes combined with the easy to use dependabilty of Amazon. I'll be ordering more tunes this weekend.
BTW; I'm sure you realize, you download these tunes directly from a link after you pay the 99 cents. Just 'save' it in whatever folder. Easy as pie.
on December 23, 2012
With December 21, 2012 looming a few days over the horizon, I thought it appropriate to have this song on my Ipod. The gallows humor was irresistible. Now that we have passed the crisis and the world and we still survive, it is still a pleasure to play this tune and say "bazinga!"
on January 2, 2013
Couldnt get any easier, you find the song you want, you can listen to it to make sure it is the correct song, hit buy now, and download. The nice thing is our family has android stuff and apple stuff. Amazon MP3 pops right into the android and itunes and your off. I can also listen to amazon music right off the player at work.
on May 25, 2014
Rock and roll is the greatest summarizer of this kind of sentiment. Without music, the words of this song might puzzle the kind of readers that Walter Kaufmann was hoping would buy his books on Discovering the Mind. This music matters more than any composer imagined a wired world would love itself to death with.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 23, 2012
I wonder how many radio stations in the US played this song on Friday the 21st of December? It is really a fun song and I would recomend it just for having fun.
on August 18, 2013
We listened to this all day one 12/21/12, while eating our favorite foods and waiting for the world to end. I can't wait for the next doomsday party!
on September 17, 2013
Great song by post punk R.E.M. Great band by the way and this is one of their more popular songs. Another must have for a solid rock collection.
on December 31, 2012
Just in fun my wife and I through a end of the world party on Dec 21st, to honor the end of the Myan calender, and the ring in the new Baktun.