5.0 out of 5 stars A quick to install 4 LED light with many applications!
Customer Video Review     Length:: 4:38 Mins
Published 9 months ago by JJCEO

1.0 out of 5 stars Not exacly as dexcribed
Published 7 months ago by figuy

1.0 out of 5 stars Not exacly as dexcribed, May 20, 2014
This review is from: Ivation 4-LED Motion Sensor Light - BLACK - Battery Powered Night Light with a Built in Motion and Light Sensor
The construction is light weight, but I guess it will be fine for what it is. It puts out adequate light in very low light environments with fairly broad distribution. When set to auto it turns on very quickly. One of the reason I purchased this thing was the auto mode feature which the description says it stays on as long as there is movement. Well the first one I got would turn off after 30 seconds and turn back on. It always did the same thing no matter how much I moved and at any distance within the stated range. I thought I got a defective one so I purchased a second one and it does the exact same thing. I paid $6.99 for this thing and I would have returned it If I had paid more.

Update:

"it's so efficient that you will get more than 2,400 activation's on one set of batteries" I've been using mine for just under 3 months. I installed new Duracell batteries when I first got this thing and now they are dead. I estimate the batteries only lasted somewhere around 400 activation's.

5.0 out of 5 stars A quick to install 4 LED light with many applications!, March 25, 2014
Length:: 4:38 Mins

This is a nice small and easy to install LED light for your home or office. It operates off of 3 AAA batteries and it uses 4 LEDs to produce a nice and even light. It is designed to hang onto a wall and it comes with a mounting bracket and screws to install it or you can use a strip of double sided tape that also is provided. The batteries are not included with the unit.

The light has three operating modes of Auto, Off and On. In the auto mode the light is off until it senses that there is no light and there is motion in the area. It has a built in light sensor and a PIR sensor (Passive Infrared Sensor) that detects motion from a heated source such as the human body. When both circumstances are detected the LEDs will come on and they will stay on as long as motion is detected. When the motion stops then the light will go off in 30 seconds after the last motion is detected. In the Off mode the LEDs will remain Off and in the on mode the LEDs will remain On.

The nice thing about this light is that it is fast and easy to install and it does not require any electrical wiring. The 3 AAA batteries can provide up to 2400 on activations. We use a similar light in our bath rooms and the batteries last about one year. The LEDs never need replacing and it is efficient to use and operate.

What was amazing is that this little lamp emits a lot of light when it is held up with the LEDs facing downwards. I show this in my video. The LEDs are covered with a frosted plastic lens that diffuses the light and really does an impressive job of lighting up an area. The sensors can sense motion from up to 15 feet away and the sensing beam angle is 120°.

This is an ideal light for many in home or office applications. Some ideas are hallways, stairways, bathrooms, and baby rooms so you can check on the baby without turning on the overhead bright lights, bedrooms, closets, garages, attics, basements or any emergency exits. In the case of an emergency you can also snap it off of the bracket and use it as an emergency flashlight. I liked the product a lot and I rated it as a 5 star item.

I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation. A review was not promised to the supplier in exchange for the sample.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy little device... Highly recommend, May 24, 2014
Bought 3 and installed on the bottom of 3 pantry shelves. Now when my wife opens the door of the panty, it lights up inside like a refrigerator. I had to add a shim (pencil eraser worked good), to keep the light in the bracket so it would stay on when grabbing things, but when shimmed was very sturdy. Shim would not be necessary if not hanging upside down or in their designed position. Very happy with the results..

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little sensor light, good for power failures..., March 21, 2014
We installed some sensor lights in the house for a couple reasons, the biggest being, where we live there are a lot of summer storms, causing the electricity to go out a couple times a week. You can imagine how inconvenient that can be when you least expect it.
Presently, we also have small 3" flashlights in every room in the house, that we can grab with ease.

Having started preparing for the summer storms, we felt we had not done enough yet. Luckily, our Nephew (our favorite...but don't tell him <g> ;-), gave us one of these Ivations to try, knowing we are looking for solutions to the blackouts.

Well, tonight the power went off 3 times, but luckily came back on in only seconds. This light worked as expected, and we appreciated it. It helped us see to find the flashlights. We had hoped they would be a bit brighter, but then they did their job. I noticed another reviewer said his was very bright, so maybe we had ours in a room that was just too big, as I respect his reviews. Our rooms are fairly large.

None the less, this unit did it's job and we certainly felt safer having this light installed.

My dream light would have a switch to allow us to change the brightness, as well as a timer like our other one has, that lets you set it for 30, 60 or 90 seconds.

However, this sensor is half the price of any of our others, and as such it is really a great value and we have to recommend the unit.
We are going to pick up some more to place around the entire house, even in the closets, just to be safe.

These sensors are a wonderful idea, and i really believe in them. I also think they have a myriad of uses all over the house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright illumination from a small form factor, April 5, 2014
My light was installed within an hour of receiving a review sample from the manufacturer. I had a place picked out and it turned out to be the perfect solution: a walk-in closet in my master bedroom.

As others have mentioned this comes with a small bracket that gives you some different mounting options. Mine is currently placed on a shelf in my closet unmounted. It's stable as is and I have not decided where I plan to permanently mount it. In other words, you can also use this as a portable solution. In fact, it's perfect for camping or even mounting discreetly in enclosed porches and doorways (as long as it is protected from the elements.)

At about three inches square this is relatively small, but it provides enough light in a ten by six foot closet to select clothes by color in an otherwise dark space. I love the auto-on feature because it saves batteries. When it's set the motion detector is disabled when other lights are on, so this does not turn on and waste batteries. Of course you can also manually turn this on, or if you are on vacation manually turn it off so it never lights up.

The instructions claim three months of use between battery replacement. I have not had mine long enough to validate that claim, but I have other Ivation products and every one has lived up to their specifications and claims. If I discover that this one deviates I will update my review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, March 29, 2014
The Ivation motion sensing LED lamp is a handy night-light.

The lamp uses three AAA batteries and outputs about the equivalent of a standard night-light - a 4-Watt light bulb. In a dark room, that is a nice bright light. With a brand new set of batteries, the lamp outputs 70 lumens.

I wanted to see how long three batteries would last, so I turned on the lamp continuously (you would never use the lamp this way) a brand new set of AAA alkaline batteries lasted over three full days of continuous light. That probably translates into a good solid month or two as a motion sensing night-light.

The lamp mounts easily to a wall with a small plastic bracket and double sided tape, or you can put two screws in the wall into a keyhole slot on the back of the lamp. The lamp weighs almost nothing and is about the size of a hockey puck. The bottom white plastic edge on two sides has the LEDs in them. The lamp can be switched from off to on continuously or automatic. In auto, the lamp will only come on when the room is dark and it senses motion from about 6 to 10 feet away. It is perfect for lighting a hallway or covered entryway into a house (the unit is not waterproof or water resistant so you wouldn't put it in an unprotected area outside).

The lamp is small enough that the design doesn't really matter too much. It looks OK, but won't win major style awards.

I like this lamp a lot. There are a lot of places where it will work well. Basically, any place you need a little bit of light at night.

I was provided a review sample.

5.0 out of 5 stars Safety first, March 25, 2014
Ivation hits the target again with this small but very powerful night light and motion detector and light sensor. No matter where you need a bit of illumination at night or an added safety feature in your home this very small and nice looking wall mounted (comes with a mount and instructions that are very easy to follow) fits the bill. It is great in hall ways between bedrooms and bathrooms, on stairs, at front or back doors, closets, staircases or wherever you need light at night. Battery operated, it needs no other power source. The square device has 4 LED lights, one aimed at each side of the little box device and the amount of light is quite amazing. The device has a convenient motion and light sensing function, meaning it turns on automatically in a dark environment when motion is detected and stays on as long as it detects motion, The light automatically shuts off 30 seconds after no motion is detected or if the environment becomes lighted. It can also be switched to `ON' mode so that the lamp is always on, and there is no auto-sensing. Just slide the switch to "AUTO" to activate the sensor capability.

Usually these devices look clunky and distract from the beauty of your home. But this device is almost unnoticeable (I have the white version on a white wall). Once your use this unit you will think of other places where it would be useful and increase safety, so consider buying several while the prices are so low. Very highly recommended. Grady Harp, March 14

5.0 out of 5 stars A handy device for illuminating unlit or poorly lit areas of the house, March 26, 2014
This is one of the smallest battery operated LED motion sensor lights that I've seen, but it works very well, and the four LEDs put out enough light to illuminate small areas where there are no light fixtures or AC outlets. It would be ideal for unlighted closets or pantries, or to illuminate unlighted stairs to the basement. It could also be used as a motion-activated night light in a bathroom or hallway.

The control switch has three positions: Auto, Off, and On. "On" turns on the LEDs until the switch is returned to Off. "Auto" sets the motion and light sensor to turn on the LEDs when two conditions are met - the ambient lighting is dim, and the sensor detects motion within a radius of 4 meters (about 13 feet). The light remains on for about half a minute, then turns off unless motion is still detected.

The light can be mounted almost anywhere it's needed with the accessory plastic bracket and screws included in the kit. With the light weighing only 3 ounces (including the 3 AAA batteries), double-sided tape should also work.

This is a very useful device that has many possible applications in a house, garage, or office.

A product sample was provided in return for the promise of an honest, unbiased review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works exactly as in requirements., March 28, 2014
The Ivation LED detects day and night automatically and will only illuminate at night when movement is detected and Turns off automatically after 30 seconds if no motion is detected. This device works exactly as specified in the requirement. I was surprised it detected motions of adults and kids alike. Not that it should matter, but thought I will mention. It is useful when power goes down or in garage like situations.

My wishlist is to have this be wifi connected (Internet of Things) and send an alert to an email when motion is detected. This could be handy to detect any movement you are not expecting.

I definitely recommend this unit! I was provided this product in exchange of a fair and honest review.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not so good at motion detection., September 20, 2014
I bought 2 of these. The first one stopped detecting motion within a week. The 2nd one a month later. They just would stay on constantly. Not sure if this was a bad batch, but my Mr. Beam lights have been working for the last 3 years and well! Guess I'm sticking with Mr. beam brand