4.0 out of 5 stars Updated Review
Published on December 26, 2012 by Eric Sattler

1.0 out of 5 stars Pixels in date panel dying one-by-one
When I first got it, the clock worked and looked great. There is a "0" in front of the hours (i.e. 09:20am), but that is OK.

Published 19 months ago by Denman

4.0 out of 5 stars Updated Review, December 26, 2012
Eric Sattler (MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ivation Big Oversized Digital Blue LED Calendar Clock with Day and Date - Shelf or Wall Mount (12 inches - Blue LED) (Electronics)
My original feedback is below. I must say that I am impressed with the seller, because after they read my review, they contacted me directly to apologize for sending an older model, the deficiencies with which have been corrected in the newer model (dimmable display and no leading zero on the time display). They replaced the old model with a new one, and sent the new one before asking me to send the old one back. Very accommodating, and impressive service. Nice to know there are still some sellers out there who care about customers getting what they expect. My mother, who is aging and becoming increasingly forgetful, is the envy of the floor in her retirement community for having a clock that tells her the day and date. She loves it and thanks me for it every time we visit.
---------
If this was one of the first digital clocks ever made, I would be impressed, but two major flaws I see within a minute of plugging it in: 1) During the 18 hours of the day when the hour should be a single digit (1-9), this clock displays a leading zero -- e.g., 09:21 (not 9:21 as shown in the prodcut photo). Really? I have owned dozens of digital clocks and watches since the '70s, and they had that complicaed algorithm figured out already back then. 2) The brightness of the display cannot be adjusted - it is permanently set to the "retina burn" setting. Again, the concept of a dimmable display is not new, but aparently not in the $80 per unit budget. Disappointing at best. I am amazed there are not more (better) options for clocks that display day and date.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift for Dad, July 15, 2012
My Dad is bedridden and sleeps on and off all day. With this clock, he knows if it's the same day now... Helps him with his Meds too.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW !!! BIG CLOCK, August 13, 2012
Great clock for the elderly especially with memory issues. Large bright lit numbers are easy to read even across a large room and the month and day are in word format which is a big plus. So far everyone that saw it wanted one too, I also enjoy the blue LED instead of the traditional red because it is less strainfull on the eyes. Would highly recommend for the elderly or people with poor vision.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pixels in date panel dying one-by-one, June 28, 2013

But after a couple weeks, one of the pixels went out for the "1" in the first digit of the date. I though I could live with it, but now at least 4 pixels have died in that same panel and it looks ugly. For a clock this expensive, it shouldn't have dead pixels so that you can't read one of the date numbers

I contacted the seller about the problem, but was ignored

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for visually impaired and elderly, November 16, 2012
I purchased this clock for my 86 year old Aunt that has macular degneration and showing signs of dementia. She was having trouble seeing her smaller clocks...but mainly purchased this clock for all of the information it provides. My aunt was calling people several times a day to ask what day it was, or what month it was. This clock solved several of her problems all at once. We love hearing from her and now it's about more than the day and time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Clock, September 6, 2012
Clock was good size. Letters and numbers show even when direct sunlight falls on the face of the clock. Accurate even when you lose power. Might be bright for a small room that you need to sleep in, but we use it in an office and it works very well there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Bright!, September 14, 2012
Rhonda J. Young (Crowder, OK United States) - See all my reviews
This is a really big clock with really bright numbers!
It's a veritable night light! Perfect for my daughter's
room. We love it that the time stays current, even when
the power goes out and comes back on (which happens A LOT
where we live)!

1.0 out of 5 stars worked great for 1 month ONLY, August 14, 2013
I got this product for my elderly mother. It worked great---for one month when the LED lights in one area failed. Without one column of lights it could never be 10 11 or 12. Instead it was 0, 1 or 2. By the time I traveled back to her state to replace the clock, it was about six weeks from purchase and the refund policy had changed. I had to pay to send this defective thing back and I had to pay a restocking fee of ten dollars as well. I was really annoyed since I explained in a note along with the package that it was defective.

4.0 out of 5 stars does the job, September 8, 2012
I purchased this clock for our mom who is in an assisted living facility and has a difficult time remembering what day it is - very frustrating for her. This item was the right size and I preferred the blue LED (to red) as it is a little less commercial looking. Unfortunately the LED is way too bright for a smaller space that includes a bedroom. I purchased window tint cling that I cut to size to cut down the brightness which worked quite well... otherwise very satisfied and mom loves it.

1.0 out of 5 stars This clock had lights go out in the first two months and no response from the company via e-mail or phone, November 5, 2013
This clock was exactly what we were looking for in our work area and were happy to have it until after 2 months one of the numbers stopped working entirely. When I called the company about a replacement (not a refund a replacement) the recording said to continue to hold for a customer service rep for an extended period of time. after about 20 minutes I was asked to leave a message, which I did with no return phone call. I also sent an e-mail to the company with an auto response that said they would respond, which they had not, this was three weeks ago. I e-mailed Amazon with a fairly prompt reply with them apologizing saying they were unlikely to get an answer from the company. Awful, awful, awful product and worse customer service.