Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Ivation Sleek 3-in-1 Emergency Black-Out Motion-Sensing Light and Torch - Multipurpose: Power Failure Light, Flashlight & Motion Sensor Night Light
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

This is a nicely designed and stylish multifunction emergency light. It comes with a magnetic charging hub that you plug into the wall and the light nicely fits into the stand as it is held in place with the magnet. It charges through inductive charging technology built into the stand and the light.

This light senses the presence of light and while the area is lit up any motion will not turn it on. When it is dark the built in motion sensor can see motion about 9 feet away. This makes a great nightlight in a child's room or in a dark hallway that someone might use at night to find the bathroom. When the motion stops the light will go off in about 25 seconds.

The light will also light whenever there is a power failure and it will stay on for 25 seconds. You can lift the light out of the charger and it will remain on unless you turn it off. A really nice thing is that you can quickly grab the light and take it off of the charger and it will immediately turn on and light your way down the hall or into a safe room in case of bad weather. The light can also be used as a 2 LED flashlight that is bright and it has a mirrored LED focusing well to focus the beam a good distance. The side light uses 16 mini LEDs and they have a nice frosted lens over them that creates a nice soft lighting effect. The light will stay on continuously for 2 hours when the light is fully charged and the flashlight will stay on for up to 1.5 hours when it is fully charged. It takes about 8 hours to completely charge the light. The power switch on the side of that light will allow you to switch it from a light to a flashlight or turn it off to conserve power.

The LEDs in this light never need to be replaced and the nice thing it that this light is just so multifunctional. This is great for your bathroom, hallway, kitchen, office, garage or a child's room. The only downside of the light is that it does cover both plugs in an AC wall socket.

I like this light a lot and I recommend it as a 5 star product.

I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation and I promised to provide a fair and honest review.
on September 28, 2014
Update #2 1/16/15:
I replaced this light with Mudder 2-in-1 US Plug PIR Infrared Motion Detection Sensor Energy Saving White Light LED Bulb with Yellow Light Night Lamp Function and am pretty happy so far. It's not a power failure light, but it's just as bright and it stays on while it detects motion, unlike the Ivation light.

Update 1/1/16:
So after a little over a year, the inductive charging wall plug has failed. I purchased two of these units, and I'm still able to use the second wall plug to charge both lights, but the first plug/charger is dead dead dead. Knocking off 2 stars.

Original review written 9/28/14:
This light emits a LOT of light when it senses motion or a power outage, and is perfect for a laundry room or other public area within the home. It's stylish, and looks and works great. The only drawback is that it blocks both outlets. I would not recommend for use in (or near) a sleeping area due to the high level of brightness.
review image review image review image review image
on February 3, 2014
Pros:
Elegant Design
Beautiful Glow
Ergnomic handheld
Very Bright
Great Motion Sensor

Cons:
Takes up two outlets
Internal battery gave me less than 30 minutes, when advertised to glow for hours
Very Bright - hurts eyes in the dark

** I should note that I purchased these from seller "DBROTH", fulfilled by Amazon, and they appear to be used/refurbished. They are clearly scuffed from some sort of use. I am disappointed that the condition of the item did not meet my expectations. Maybe they were used as displays in a store and that is why the battery cannot hold a charge. **
on March 4, 2014
This is extremely bright and is handy to remove the torch. The motion detection doesn't come on until you're half way down the hall and almost to the light. By the time it turns on, I'm leaving the area and don't need the light any more. For the bedroom/bathroom hallway, the light is way too bright, so we went back to our standard switch nightlight. We might try this in our storage room where the obnoxious light is more usefull.
on December 19, 2013
Like other review this is a bright light and that is what we wanted in our kitchen nightlight. When my parents visit, and my wife for kids need to use the kitchen frequently at night and I was looking for motion activated product which this product is. There is a light sensor so if your room lights are on then this product would not turn on. It would turn on when you turn off room lights, when you get to the room with motion when all lights are off and when power fails. It has very sleek design. The flash light function is also very good. Initially I had noticed that our motions were not picked up immediately but with trying different outlet locations we found optimal location.
The only reason I gave 4 star because this product covers both the outlets and my wife did not like to loose the one whole outlet next to our cooking range.
on December 1, 2014
This product has a very bright light. However, after about 3 days of use, the light started going on and off for no reason - every 30 seconds or so, the light would come on despite there being no motion in the room. It would then go off after 20 seconds and then back on after about 30 seconds. This went on for most of the night until I got up, went into the bathroom and unplugged it. The other problem with this product is that there is no way to plug it in without covering both outlets. That's a bad design - there is no reason it should have been designed to cover up both outlets. Therefore, the only thing you can plug into your outlet is this nightlight. Also, it is not as responsive as some other night lights I've used (Mr Beams, in particular). Finally, I don't like the fact that it only stays on for 20 seconds, even if you are moving around in front of it. It really should stay on until it senses no more movement. Because the product failed so quickly, and because of the design issues, I'm returning it and not getting another one of these to replace it.
on March 31, 2016
I had looked at this product before. Many great features, including nightlight and a power failure ignite that goes on automatically when the power goes out. But, the best feature was the motion detection lighting. That, coupled with a Amazon deal price got me to purchase it.

I have to say that delivery/shipping, packing, etc. all were excellent. I tried it as soon as it arrived: nothing. No light of any kind. Not a problem; it has a battery that needs to be charged, right? So, after 8 hours in the socket getting juiced (the unit was warm, so I know that at least the plug worked) I walked to check the motiondetection- nothing... Pulled it out to check the flashlight and, nothing. So I tried a different socket anyway-- nothing.

So, then I write to the company email address that was with the packing and operating instructions but have not heard back from them yet...

Amazon offered to send me my money back, for return of the product, but honestly, I'd much rather have a unit that worked and would be dependable for years to come-- which is why I contacted the company. I wi update this when I hear back from them.

At this point I cannot recommend the product, and I had hope to be able to do so...
on December 23, 2015
Lasted for eleven months before it attempted arson. Luckily I was home to catch it, otherwise it would've set fire to my house.
review image review image
on August 19, 2015
This product works perfectly as an emergency light and a flashlight.

However, it is not an ideal night light. This sucker has a really strong white LED light that could illuminate even the darkest corners of the Earth. But when you're walking around during the middle of the night, the last thing you want is that much brightness shining in your face. It's the equivalent of driving your car while the Sun sets, and you need to look directly at the Sun to see the road.

Not to mention that the motion sensor is really slow too. And it's very random as to when it decides to react to your movements.

However, I was certainly impressed with it's functionality as a flashlight/emergency light. Great battery life, and it'll obviously always stay fully charged as long as it's plugged in. I'm also a fan of the design, which drew my attention initially.

It gets 5 stars for it's functionality during blackouts, but 1 star as a night light. 3/5 stars.
on November 30, 2013
This is a beautiful and stylish light. The light output is pure white and it lifts off the base with no physical electrical connection to click into or get dirty. I would give it a five star rating if it did not block the other outlet. You can see in the picture that the removable light is taller than the base and blocks the other outlet. This was designed to cover both outlets and it looks like it belongs there when you do center it to the plug and cover both outlets evenly. I am currently purchasing 2 more and am also purchasing their other IVATION light that is not a power failure light but is directable to where you want the light.