I've had it with different Editions of Cd's and Dvd's!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 11, 2009 8:30:49 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 11, 2009 8:31:27 AM PST
Blackout says:
This is getting ridiculous. It seems as though everytime a major artist releases an album there's a standard and a deluxe version. For example this week, Chris Brown and Timbaland both have standard releases and Deluxe releases. Why? To make 3-4 extra dollars per album? Its just frustrating. and Britney spears released the singles collection in november and now a cd/dvd version was released on 12/8 with 18 tracks and all the videos.
Madonna released a one disc and a two disc set of her recent "celebration" collection. I'm tired of trying to track down the best version. i hate these record companies. And then not only are there different editions but individual stores have different editions! Cant there just be one product across the board???! there i'm done ranting now. thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2009 6:52:04 PM PST
dvd dj says:
Its all about making money and finding different ways to do it effectively, usually they release the barebones edition first then a few months later, the deluxe version. Its not just the record companies, its the movie studios as well. Take Harry Potter first movie, now re-released with bonus scenes that weren't included in the first dvd release.
As for the Britney spears singles collection, I don't have to worry, I had bought all of her first 5 singles (on cd and vinyl) before her music started sucking real badly.

Posted on Sep 10, 2012 7:32:32 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 10, 2012 7:34:48 PM PDT
paris says:
it's the record companies that issue those verisons for different parts of the world

with different artwork,bonus tracks,memorabilia(like a mouse pad or extra posters),etc!

the main reason with this is because in other parts of the world it's harder to sell cds so

they spice it up with bonus extras. as for dvd dj it takes longer for imports to become imports because in the rest of the world it's slower and the label gets to release the cds later in the year!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Dec 11, 2009
Latest post:  Sep 10, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Singles Collection (Special Edition) (CD/DVD)
The Singles Collection (Special Edition) (CD/DVD) by Britney Spears (Audio CD - 2009)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (82)