Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on March 5, 2013
This product works great, but it should be noted that for maximum efficiency there a few things you should do.

1) Calculate your dose.
To achieve the skin lightening effects of glutathione you must calculate the dose necessary for therapeutic levels. Resources online say you should take 20-40mg per kg (~2.2 lbs) of body weight, per day in 2-3 divided doses. So if you weigh 130 lbs you should take between ~1200mg and 2400mg a day. That's 2-3 capsules. I recommend taking them after a meal. Remember to spread the doses out. When you have reached your desired complexion you can cut back to a "maintenance dose" of half your regular dose. If you keep taking the product you WILL keep getting light (more on that in section 6).

2) Increase your Vitamin C intake.
Without going into lengthy scientific explanation, vitamin C helps L-Glut absorb easier. Resources online say you should match or double your vitamin C intake for each mg of L-glut. However I recommend not to exceed 2000mg of vitamin C. I was taking 3000mg (double my dose of 1500mg L-Glut) and started getting stomach cramps. I looked it up and found that to be a symptom of vitamin C overdose, so please pay attention not to start popping vitamin C pills. Administer your serving of vitamin C at the same time you take the L-glut. By the way, Vitamin C itself is a skin lighener in high (1000mg+) doses, over time. This is important and I will bring it up later.

3) Consider a topical cream.
L-glut works, but from the lower skin layers up. So a lot of people get discouraged at the rate of the lightening. I recommend adding a skin cream to the regimen for faster, longer lasting results. Personally I used Palmer's Skin Success for the first two months, applying in the morning before heading out and in the evening before bed. This is not a recommendation-- I am just telling you what I used. Palmer's SS has hydroquinone and I encourage you to do your own research. Other creams that use licorice extract and papaya may be more your thing. Aside from the additional lightening, many topical creams also include sunblock (more on that below) and alpha hydroxy among the ingredients. Alpha hydroxy accelerates the cycle at which your skin is shed and fresh cells are generated ("skin renewal"). That means faster results.

4) Do not leave home without sunblock.
This should be a no brainer, but I am sure many of the people who complain this product doesn't work aren't taking the best measures to protect themselves from UV rays that trigger your body to produce more melanin. So I am telling you now, don't think you are just going to stay out the sun. If you are serious about results get a decent (SPF 50+) sun block or you might as well burn your money.

5) Consider Soap.
Whether you choose a lightening soap or just an exfoliating one, you can't go wrong. It is simply an additional avenue for your melanin concentration to get knocked down, or your skin regeneration to be sped up.

6) Keep realistic expectations.
Your skin renews in about 14-30 days. Therefore, don't expect to see results for at least a month. You don't want to rush it anyway. Depending on how many shades you are going for, you may not want to use my additional suggestions such as soap and skin cream that hasten the lightening process. If you go from from Kelly Rowland to Beyonce in three months you will have family and friends asking what the heck is happening to you, and it will be more embarrassing than a compliment. When I saw that I was lightening faster than I felt comfortable I cut back on the soap and cream for a month. I got two shades later in my desired span of 3 months. I received many compliments that I have a warm glow, nice skin etc which is what I was looking for. I didn't want anyone calling me out on skin bleaching. Light skin isn't for everyone and when you take it too far (Micheal Jackson, Vybz Cartel) its far from attractive.

Conclusion:
You can't go wrong with a solid regimen like this. It works almost too good and I encourage you to be not to rush it for a natural transition to a lighter complexion. However you should take vitamin C and use sunblock if you plan to commit to this product if you want to get the most bang for you buck. Thanks for reading!
1111 comments358 of 370 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 19, 2010
I had always wanted to have lighter skin. It's not that I mind my own shade too much, but I thought a little lighter would do the trick. Let me just make it clear, according to my dermatologist, there is no such product that decreases melanin production. I took a chance on Ivory Caps, after debating for months about whether or not this would be the right choice. After about the first month (1st bottle), I had noticed a slight change in my arm shade, and other people in my family did as well. It took a while for the product to show any sign that it was working, and when it did, the change was VERY subtle. So, I ordered my second bottle, and it seems to be just about the same. Another words, there is a change, and it is close enough to what I wanted, which was a slight lightening.

Do I recommend this product? Yes and No. Yes, if you don't mind taking fairly big capsules everyday, and only want a small change. No, if you expect to dramatic results with just one bottle.
33 comments77 of 92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 1, 2013
Okay, this is an honest review from someone who actually purchased this product with her own money, as well as did the research on Glutathione. Ivory Caps pills are exceptional pills. If you look up the individual ingredients, along with the Glutathione, these additional ingredients stimulate the natural Glutathione levels that are already present in the body. Therefore youre not only receiving the Gluta from the pills, but are also getting the added benefit of the additional additives. Many people who wrote reivews on here only used one bottle and complained that they didn't have any lightening effect of 2-3 shades. Well that's because the process of taking exceeding amount of Glutathione to lighten the skin takes up to ONE YEAR or more, depending on your skin tone. Even lighter tones won't see a result for three to six months. Additionally you have to take twice the amount of Vitamin C so the Glutathione will be absorbed into your system effectively. It is a long and tedious process, but it does bare results. Also you cannot expect to get lighter than you NATURAL complexion. Meaning, the color you were when you were born, is the lightest color you can expect to receive. Naturally, after years and years of being exposed to ultra violent rays, toxins and pollutents in the air, our skin color gets dull and darker. Many people even experiencing melasma and hyperpigmentation, (such as myself). Also these should be used with a daily facial regimen. They Glutathione lightens from the inside out, which is great, because that's the hardest part, but you should simultaneously use a topical agent, to lighten from the outside dermal layer of the skin. The reason I take off one star is because TWO reasons. One, the marketing of the bottle is faulty. It states 1500mg, but thats PER SERVING, which is 2 capsules. So if youre looking to take 3000mg per day, you have to take 4 capsules instead of 2. Secondly, on the bottom in microscopic print one of the "other ingredients" is magnesium stearate. This substance is used to mix in with the actual Glutathione inside the capsule to keep it from sticking together during manufactoring. The problem? It interfers with the absorption of the actual active ingredients. Its standard and is used in every capsule vitamin on the market, (unless you buy organic or powder). My suggestion to the company, if they want it, you have a top notch formula, but it would be even BETTER if you sold it strictly in powder form so it could be absorbed directly into the stomach lining and not mostly pissed down the toilet!!!!
0Comment104 of 130 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 26, 2014
I did not believe the hype of this product when I started taking it a year ago. I started taking it because of the glutathione, ( research it very interesting) I was not trying to lighten/ brighten my skin tone however, my skin is lighter in terms of having less hyper pigmentation ( dark spots left over from a pimple or scratch etc.) you have to be consistent with it and use sunscreen religiously. My driver's license looks like a different me from what I now see in the mirror. I'm not a spokes person, salesperson, or employee in any capacity. I'm just interested in health (glutathione) and beauty and I Stephanie am a product junkie "Hi Stephanie" I love the product which is why I chose this rating, I would recommend it to anyone interested in science and modifying pigmentation, there are other products like Ivory Caps I chose this one because of the ingredients vs the other companies (do your research) Good Luck!
0Comment30 of 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 28, 2010
this product is a ripp off.

I took it consistently for 3, almost for months. After 2 months, I didn't see a result, so decided to email Ivory Caps.

They replied saying because this is a natural product, it may not take so well on everybody so they suggested taking 6 a day instead....I was actually stupid enough to try it and did it for a month and a half. Still no difference, in fact, I think I have gone darker instead and it's winter here!

Absolutely awful product, stay away from it!
11 comment19 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 15, 2011
i buoght 2 bottles of ivory caps and now iam still taking the pills from the first bottle and i can see progress in my skin
its its very smooth and lighter .great poduct
0Comment14 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 16, 2013
I have been using Ivory caps for almost 2 months and I definitely see results. My skin looks a lot more even and brighter overall. Worth the try.
0Comment22 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 26, 2014
I used it for 2 months now with vitamin C it works wonders. it need to be taken consistently. I noticed whitening on both of my armpit. my face glow. and it helps my skin softer. it's really works beauty wonder. thanks for making it for us. rating:5 star. it's pricey but worth it. just need to be patient to see result. Lyn. u.s.a.
review image
0Comment13 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 16, 2015
Only 20 days using that product i seen a very nice improvement of my skin,can wait to see more results,i recommend that product,just try it...I take 2 capsules in the morning with vitamine c or orange juice and 2 in the evening,and i pray ,cause i don' want to lose my money,lol and it really works trust me,Good luck to those who are going to buy it...
on December 24, 2014