4.0 out of 5 stars Just For Teens
Published on July 13, 2006 by MovieFan

3.0 out of 5 stars J-14 Review
First off, I'd like to say that most girls 8-15 find this magazine very interesting. I have to admit, I buy it myself sometimes. It is packed with pin ups, colums, advice, and so much more for the "pop princess."
Published on January 10, 2002

4.0 out of 5 stars Just For Teens, July 13, 2006
This review is from: J-14 (Magazine)
That's what J-14 stands for. It's for teens pretty much yes. If you like gossip, posters, and info on your favorite celebs, music,and movies. I just started collecting them last September and I think their good. I don't care abou the gossip that much but I like the rest of it. I'm sick of seeing those kids off of High School Musical though. I wish they would take them out of the magazine. Especially Zac Efron...blech. Their good magazines though.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good teenybopper magazine..., January 28, 2002
This review is from: J-14 (Magazine)
This magazine is pretty good for younger girls, like preteen ages, who want to read about celebrities, new movies, and new music. It's also good for older girls who are bored and want to read about their favorite pop artists. It's mainly gossip, but it's got some great pictures in it. So, check it out.

3.0 out of 5 stars J-14 Review, January 10, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: J-14 (Magazine)
However, J-14 is probably, in my opinion, the teen version of The National Enquirer. I am saying this from my point of view, and someone who knows behind-the-scenes info, that J-14 makes up some of its articles. A lot of "quotes" are just a couple words here and there from different conversations, or actual quotes the artist has said. Once all these words are put together to form a new quote, yet another rumor comes up also. That's the only thing that I do not support in this magazine. Although, entertainment is entertainment, and you can't change that. Some magazines have to make up things to sell, and unfortunately, J-14 is one of them.

2.0 out of 5 stars Twist, M, J-14- what's the difference?, February 24, 2006
This review is from: J-14 (Magazine)
The title speaks for itself.

I don't know how or why I was drawn to this magazine when I was 14. This magazine should be called J-4tweens. Ah. The title is very annoying. Like Twist, I only get this magazine when I'm really really desperate for something to read. I sure as hell wouldn't want my 12 year old daughter to wear mascara. If you have a tween and you want her to grow to become a pimpstress, get this. The only entertaining aspect of this magazine is the embarassing moments kinds of things (but of course). Other than that, no. They feature pretty bland fashion.

All in all, this magazine is JUST like Twist.

Therefore, the age reccomendation is just 11 & 12, but you're better off getting GL for even more years worth of goodness (10-15 yrs.) because no, it's NOT cool to steal your sister's damn boyfriend for pete's sake.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, shallow teenybopper junk., September 1, 2005
This review is from: J-14 (Magazine)
I have no idea why the average rating for this worthless piece of IQ-lowering crap is so high, because, believe me, it shouldn't be. I am 12 years old, and I warn those on either side of my age NEVER to look at this hideous publication. Actually, it can do well if you're looking for laughs. But it's also pretty tragic. It signifies to me just how low our generation has sunk.

J-14 is a lousy preteen version of In Touch and Us Weekly magazines. It is filled with cheesy quizzes, boring articles and celebrities that are STRICTLY limited to Ashlee Simpson, Hilary Duff, Ryan Cabrera, Jojo, Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan. The articles are pretty boring too, with names like 'OMG! Jojo's newest crush!' and 'Did Hilary Duff REALLY eat too much cookie dough?' Yawn. I'd much rather read about teenage boys getting kicked out of their Mormon sect in People magazine. If you're going to have to read 'brain candy', People is my alternative to J-14. Sure, it targets an older audience than J-14, but I've been reading it since I was 10. The quizzes in J-14 are no good either, sticking to topics like 'Are you and him perfect for each other?' (I think that the J-14 editors made a rule so that one would be in every issue) and 'what's your shoe style' (ditto the thing about it being in every issue, although it might switch to hairstyle or something) and 'which celeb boy is perfect for u'. I don't have many friends, so I just gawp at that magazine and go 'THAT'S what 12-year-olds think about?'

And parents, be warned, the magazine contains a fair amount of sexual content, and not in a mature way like in the teen magazines Cosmogirl and Seventeen magazines, I mean as in 'put on this eyeliner and sexy top 2 impress ur crush, OMG!!!' Plus, the magazine is saturated with all those irritating netspeak-style phrases like 'OMG', 'u' instead of 'you' and everything.

Many reviewers will be saying things like 'X is so much better' but I'm warning you, Popstar, Tigerbeat and (worst for last) bop magazines suck just as much as this, if not worse.

This magazine is ridiculously cheap and tasteless. It is very shallow and is bound to dumben down your kid. Buy your seventh-grader Muse, People or Seventeen. Do her a favour and DO NOT GET HER THIS EMBARASSMENT TO GOD. Her brain cells will thank you.

2.0 out of 5 stars blah, November 24, 2001
Christina (Boca Raton,FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: J-14 (Magazine)
it was okay if u love pop music.but definately dont come here if u in here for the posters unless u want britney spears.They do though have good gossip and embaressing momments lots of stuff to read but its not my fav magazine

1.0 out of 5 stars Just plain silly, August 8, 2005
This review is from: J-14 (Magazine)
J-14 is cheap and not well written. In my opinion, it focuses too much on celebrities and not enough on things teens ages 11-15 really care about (intellectual ones at least). Unless you really want to know what Britney Spears eats for breakfast every Thursday, skip it and go for Seventeen or Girls Life.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, August 16, 2004
This review is from: J-14 (Magazine)
I got a subscription to this magazine, but they only sent me a copy every other month! I ended up getting only 6 issues when I paid for 12! I am sure of this because I saved every issue I got just to make sure. Also, in the September issue, on page 14, you can clearly see that MaryKate's lower back isn't real. It was edited. This magazine doesn't focus on anything interesting and it isn't good for older teens. I would never recommend this magazine to anyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's really good but..., June 23, 2006
This review is from: J-14 (Magazine)
Well it's just not for everyone. But if you are 11-15 I HIGHLY reccomend this to you. This magazine is clearly for girls who are girly and like to read about celebs and get posters!!! NOT for GUYS or girls who like to read the intellectual laws of science. I'm almost thirteen (I will be next month :) and I think this mag is totally awsome! And ya wanna know why?! Because not only does it have celebrity gossip (hilary duff eating too much cookie dough say what?!) but theres also news about when your favorite artists' new cd is coming out! The people I know who don't like this magazine live in the bad side of town in a wicked crappy appartment with druggy's nextdoor or maybe they live in a trailer park?? I'm just saying that all those people who write those one star reviews sound like they dont really have a life- no offense but I do and maybe this magazine helps me live it- okay??? Parents; buy a subscription for your daughter today!! Thanks for your anticipated cooperation **HAVE A NICE DAY**

1.0 out of 5 stars Subscription never arrived, January 10, 2011
This review is from: J-14 (Magazine)
I ordered this magazine for my granddaughter last summer. No issues ever arrived. I learned this many months later when I asked my granddaughter how she liked it. When I called the magazine, I was told they would sent one or two replacements. They never arrived either. I would not order from them again.

J-14