Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: 1 Pack|Change

on August 15, 2009
My wife is hypothyroid, and I became interested in her condition when her doctors struggled to get her thyroid to respond to various medications. I searched hypothyroidism on the web, and one of the things that popped up was iodine. I read the various articles about it, and the reviews here on Amazon, and decided to order this. My wife agreed to try it, and I figured I'd do the same, just to see If it made me feel better.

We decided to take 5 drops (12.5 mg) each day and see if we noticed any effects. While my wife reported no improvement after a week, I experienced much more energy and alertness immediately after starting. But the real surprise for me was the vast improvement of some skin conditions I've had for many years that my dermatologist prescribed medication for, but could only slow the progression. The itching stopped immediately, and the patches of thick and callused skin on one of my palms started showing improvement, as did the eczema patch on one knee.

It's been three weeks now, and the eczema patch on my knee, which had grown to over 5 inches in diameter, is now less than 2 inches. It has changed from a maroon color to a normal skin color,and is still shrinking each day. The problem on my hand also appears to be heading toward full resolution.

I'm dumbfounded! How could my doctors overlook something as simple as a nutritional deficiency? I've worried about this condition and spent considerable money over the years trying to control it since I was told that was the best I could hope for. Something is terribly wrong with western medicine for something like this to occur.

Update 9-23-09: It's been over two months since I started taking this. The skin improvements stopped short of total resolution, but the improvements described in my review are still present. I am VERY happy.

Update 11-23-10: When I wrote the above comments, I didn't know it, but I still had one more surprise coming: For the last 15 years I've had four toenails that looked terrible due to fungus. Now, more than a year later, you can see in the nails where I began taking the iodine; the new growth looks healthy and normal. At the present growth rate, the bad part of the nails should be totally gone within a few more months.
316316 comments| 1,226 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 30, 2008
I have had symptoms of low thyroid most of my life but the lab tests were always within "normal" limits, so I was never treated to relieve the symptoms. I have been taking this stuff - 2-3 drops 5-6 days a week for several months. My energy is up, my skin is clearer, and I am able to keep the 35 lb weight loss without counting every calorie. It worked for me because it is what my body really needed. I would recommend this product for sub-clinical low thyroid conditions.
22 comments| 516 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 10, 2012
Some time after Thanksgiving I somehow stumbled upon this product and scanned the reviews. I saw "hypothyroidism" and perked up because my wife suffers from this and is in a constant battle to keep her prescription levothyroxine dosage at the right level. She has also suffered for 15+ years with chronic fibromyalgia, insomnia and fatigue. She has taken various recommended supplements over the years and has never noticed significant change. The only thing that has helped her cope with her chronics have been powerful painkillers, muscle relaxants, and sleeping pills, and it has been a constant tension to avoid their more deleterious effects.

After reading the testimonials here, I thought it was worth a trial and bought a bottle and received it on Dec. 1. On Dec. 2 she felt better, and within a few days her consumption of her pain killers, muscle relaxants and even sleep aids dropped precipitously.

Improvement continued and got her through one of the busiest Christmas seasons in years with an abundance of pain-free, energy-filled days. The results are nothing short of amazing.

We are now in the 6th week of this regimen and she has done and accomplished more in that time than she had in the previous 6 months. She has not needed to refill 2/3 of the prescriptions she has needed refilled monthly.

In her case, it's looking more and more like "fibro" may be a thing in her past. Having just turned 70, perhaps now her "golden" years will truly be golden.

For us, the bottom line is that my stumble-bum landing on this product with all of these helpful reviews was a gift from God... and we thank Him!
1111 comments| 406 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 3, 2010
I was living out the old saying "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.".

At only 49, I feared I was following in my grandmother's footsteps with senile dementia. Not the mild forgetfulness that we all jokingly play off when we can't remember something on the tips of our tongues, but rather the scary private secret that we know we're slowly losing our edge.

When you make your living with a sharp pencil this knowledge is especially devastating. A slow dimming of the mind is a cruel thing.

Enter iodine. Particularly Lugol's solution in this case. Within 2 hours of drinking a glass of water with 5 drops of the solution, I could feel the fog that had taken years to develop, beginning to lift. Within 24 hours and into the following week, it became abundantly clear that the cloud had lifted. My mind had returned to its normal, welcome sharpness. I wasn't just a little sharper, I was back to being me altogether. You cannot overstate my relief and gratitude. A million dollars couldn't buy what a few pennies did.

Apparently the FDA and medical community with it, have gotten the whole iodine thing totally wrong. You don't need MICROgrams of iodine, you need MILLIgrams and the health and longevity of the Japanese are my witnesses and evidence. Folks eating western diets get 100 or so micrograms of iodine a day if they're lucky, while the Japanese get 10 - 50 milligrams a day. That's 100 - 500x as much and the Japanese have demonstrably higher IQs and phenomenally lower breast and other cancer rates. Read the work of Dr. Brownstein and others with the Iodine Project. Apparently once again we have forgotten what we once knew - that iodine is medicine.

Do your own research on the matter and decide for yourself what is right.

If you do decide to supplement with iodine then education is imperative. The iodine is extremely safe, but is also a powerful detoxification agent and you need to be aware of some changes that can occur while your body is eliminating toxins flushed out by the iodine, particularly bromides. Be healthy and smart.
3333 comments| 487 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 10, 2009
I have a number of hypo symptoms but am not interested in going on conventional medicine. Having taken Lugol's for about two weeks I find my basal body temperature has gone from mid-96s to 98.6 (what a cliche!) Also, the ice-cold feet I bothered my husband with at night have normalized. I also find that insomnia that was keeping me up until four a.m. or later has abated, now I'm getting tired around ten p.m. So I don't have long-term data, but for now I am pleased. My hope is over time it will correct my estrogen imbalance. Just know that iodine requires self-education. There are studies suggesting it can harm you, and studies suggesting that most of us are being harmed by iodine deficiency (women in particular).
1313 comments| 425 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 14, 2009
Using Lugol's for 3 weeks, have brought my temp from 96.3 to over 98, hands don't feel so cold, mood improved greatly, more energetic, sleeping deeply, feel decades younger. Study carefully dosages recommended at various web sites, take the plunge, you will not regret it.
11 comment| 143 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 24, 2013
I am not the type to EVER write product reviews, but do heavily rely on others. However, I had to leave some feedback on this. Thanks to this product, I have my life back! Before using this (for the past few months) I have been overall depressed. We have had some recurring family issues that have caused me stress. The problem is that I couldn't overcome it anymore. I've been under stress before and you just kind of pick up the pieces and become happy again. But this time was different. I literally did not want to go on. It was like my body refused to be happy again. Even after the family troubles resolved and became ok again, I was stuck in a depression. I believe that my thyroid must have been hanging on a thread of normalcy and then after the family issues began there was no way out. I was in a constant depressed and anxiety filled state, did not want to talk on the phone, go to work, go out with friends, watch tv, go to the movies, cook, sleep, work out, NOTHING! All of these things in the past were so enjoyable for me (ok, maybe not work so much). Now, nothing made me happy. I just wanted to get better but did not think anti-depressants were the answer. I mean, isn't that just treating, not ridding? I wanted it GONE. I wanted the zest back, to look forward to things, and to want to be around people again. I had such bad anxiety, I didn't even find comfort when I was home alone!
For a few weeks leading up to trying this Lugol's solution I was going insane looking for herbs/supplements that would help me combat this for good with minor successes.

Past supplementation: (little to no success)
-Kava Kava powder (good as anti-anxiety, but does not last very long)
-Valerian Root (did not notice a change)
-Flax seed Omega 3/6/9 (did not notice a change)
-St John's Wort (did not notice a change)

Current supplementation: (success!)
-Vitamin C mega dosing (like chewing 8 tablets in the morning. I do plan to taper down eventually).
-Zinc
-Iron
-Manganese
-Magnesium
-Niacin 1000mg (I take 3 caps twice daily, take with food unless you want a heat flush!) <---- I believe this is what is helping me most out of all in conjunction with the Lugol's :)
-Colloidal Silver drops about 3 times per day just to boost me back to normalcy (plan to taper this down as well)
-And last but definitely not least, this Lugol's (WHICH I JUST STARTED YESTERDAY AND ALREADY FEEL LIKE MY OLD SELF!) 5 drops in a glass of water in the morning and before bed.

I really am so thankful that this is here for me. I was losing hope. You really wouldn't even know what I was going through just by looking at me. I kept it a secret because I hate when people worry about/for me. So I put on an act like everything was ok. It was not. I feel like I cannot even describe the characteristics of depression accurately to those who have never been through it. Before I suffered from it, I used to think that depressed people were just "sad" and needed more happiness in their life. Like, go out with friends, do something with the family, make sure you get in your hobbies, get outside. It is not that simple! At least not for me. I tried it all. I have friends that love me, family, a job, a home, a well-rounded all I could ask for life. It was my body out of line. I mean n.o.t.h.i.n.g. made me excited, not even the thought of going on a cruise which I usually love to plan for. Well things are going great now and I just started this yesterday morning! I don't know if it's this alone or the combo of all of my vitamins/minerals but left the good times go on! Must go, my friends just got here and am actually excited to hang out again!

God is good and I hope others find this helpful to them!
33 comments| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 13, 2009
The first time I took a dose of this product my hands returned to warmth from the cold I have suffered for years now. I send a bottle to my daughter (a 38 year old school teacher); she got the same results. I have noticed other positive benefits like, less dry skin, bleeding problems resolved, etc.
0Comment| 136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 2, 2011
I eat well and exercise a lot but have been feeling lethargic for way too long. I started taking 5-6 drops of this in a large glass of water every morning for the last 2 weeks. It tastes DISGUSTING so now I hold my nose and drink some fresh water right after. It is worth it though, and here is why...

Things I've noticed that have changed: about 20 minutes after ingesting, I get almost a "buzz". I feel awake and clear headed and ready to go to work. Fingernails have grown much more quickly and are very strong without the normal ridges that I get in them. Also, one thing that I didn't notice until a couple of days ago: I went to a friend's birthday party last weekend and when I saw the pictures from it I was actually blown away by how good my skin looks! (this has NEVER happened before). Even in a dark room under a camera flash you could tell my face had a very healthy glow. Also, I am sleeping better.

I don't think this is something needed for long term use, but for now it's working miracles.
55 comments| 98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 5, 2013
There are already such wonderfully detailed reviews here that say everything positive that I want to say about Lugol's Solution, so I will let them do the talking. As for myself and my husband, we each take 4 drops in a shot glass of water every morning.

If it can help anyone else, here is a little background:

After losing 70lb (in a healthy way) to my goal weight a few years ago, and after reaching the age of premenopause a few months ago, I have suffered with freezing cold hands and feet as well as a total intolerance of cold weather. I could barely tolerate having the A/C on! That alone was miserable, but add to it terrible hot flashes and night sweats, and I just felt like my internal thermostat needed to be replaced. :) I had also been diagnosed last year with a small growth (so far benign) on my thyroid, although my lab levels are normal to date. Well, after only a few months, my icy hands and feet are finally warming up, I no longer need a sweater in 70 - 75 degree temperatures, and with the help of a few other natural supplements, the hot flashes and night sweats are GONE! I have also noticed a significant improvement in the clarity of my skin and my overall energy level.

My husband works around heavy metals and somehow managed to absorb a great deal of Arsenic over the years. Through a 24-hour urine collection, he was diagnosed last year with a body Arsenic level of well over 800, which is more than double the normal level for any human. His doctors began looking into how to purge his system of the Arsenic, as it apparently will not dissipate on its own. In the meantime, I discovered Lugol's Solution and advised him to try it as well. After only a few months, his repeat 24-hour urine collection has revealed that his Arsenic level is normal again! He also has been enjoying a significant improvement in his overall energy level.

I should say, too, that I now drink ALLOT of water all day long. . .every time I think about it. I keep a squeeze bottle of water with me at all times, which really increases the amount that I get (kind of like shotgunning. . .you've drunk almost half the bottle in one squeeze before you know it!). Most folks don't realize how much water the human body truly needs on a daily basis. The majority of us don't drink anywhere near enough water to support the proper functioning of our systems. Greatly increasing my water intake has certainly been a revelation to me. The digestive issues, skin complexion issues, blood sugar issues, lack of energy, weight gain and poor immunity that I have struggled with most of my life have been VASTLY improved. . . .Just a little FYI!