5.0 out of 5 stars Buy Two Sets
Published on February 6, 2009 by Carl Nye

1.0 out of 5 stars SCAM!!!
I too ordered the "case" of bottles. I received 16, not 48 and two of those were broken. repeated attempts to get it fixed have gone unanswered!!
Published on December 7, 2006 by Chris Giannaras

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy Two Sets, February 6, 2009
This review is from: J.K. Adams 3-1/2-Ounce Flint Glass Spice Jar Set, 16-Piece (Kitchen)
Save yourself frustration - count your spices before you order this fine set of bottles. I should have ordered two sets right away - I am now sending for a second set. Most of us cooks have more than 16 spices we use regularly, but that didn't occur to me when I bought my first set. The package of 96 labels for $1.95 from Wire Whisk goes nicely with these bottles. Again, 96 labels for only 16 bottles didn't get my attention initially, but you can avoid this problem by purchasing at least two sets of these bottles at the same time. Note: although these bottles come with both large and small hole shaker tops, the small size McCormick spices you get at the store have a shaker top which includes a flap that allows dumping spice quickly. The McCormick shaker tops perfectly fit these bottles, which is a nice plus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spice Bottle Set (48), July 19, 2011
1. Bottles are basically same shape and size of regular spice bottles bought in the store, and holds the same amount of spice.

2. Much, much easier to arrange on spice rack or cabinet turn table.

3. My intent is to remove all spices not in these new bottles and place into the new bottles for consistency, easy placement on my in-cabinet turn table for the allowance of more bottles on shelf than before.

4. Bottle = 3 5/8" High X 1 3/4" Diameter

5.0 out of 5 stars They're Fine, January 16, 2009
Chuck Money (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
What's there to say about them? The caps fit snugly, the glass isn't too thin, the shakers don't seem to fall off easily. This product is exactly as advertised.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spice Jars, December 28, 2007
Simply a great product. Nice jars. They come with lids and sifter tops - with holes in 2 sizes - 1/2 course and 1/2 fine. No labels so you make your own. Most of the spices I buy in the jar fit 6 to a row on my spice rack, these fit 7. I have many spices, so this makes me happy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Jars, August 14, 2008
These jars were great, we filled them up and are using them every day. We didn't need labels because we memorized what the spices are. Most likely, if you cook a lot, you'll know what is what.

Very similar, if not the same, jars can be found at Bed, Bath, & Beyond. They are about the same price as well. You can also go to Ikea and find some nice spice jars as well although not the same.

These are standard jars, but so you know, if you buy spices from Kroger or anywhere else there will be extra spices left over. We save the extra to refill which is nice.

If you want no label jars, go with these. They look much nicer once you put your spices into them.

We gave it 4 out of 5, not because of any problems but just because we'd like to have gotten jars that you can fit a teaspoon into. You can't do that with these (at least with our teaspoons). So there is nothing wrong with these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific bottles for spices and sprinkles, January 7, 2011
K. Cox (CA United States) - See all my reviews
I really like these bottles! I needed something new for my cabinets after 30+ years of McCormick, Spice Islands and Schilling bottles of varying sizes and shapes tumbling out whenever I needed the seasoning at the bottom or back of the stacks. These are obviously well made, first-quality items, with clear glass, white lids and opaque shaker tops with two sizes (24 each)of holes. And they fit perfectly into the 18 bottle Spice Organizer http://www.amazon.com/18-Bottle-Spice-Organizer-Drawers-White/dp/B002P9O59G/ref=sr_1_30?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1294425581&sr=1-30. I bought three of the Organizers to hold all the bottles.

I was apprehensive about ordering these, because other reviewers stated that they received broken bottles. When I picked up the shipping box I, too, heard a faint rattling and my heart sank. To my relief, the sound was due to the separately packaged box of lids and shaker tops. Everything was in excellent condition and well packaged to protect against breakage.

The bottles are 1 3/4" in diameter and 3 3/4" tall with the shaker tops and lids in place. The mouth is wide enough to add spices and sprinkles without using a funnel, unless your hands are shaky. The two sizes of holes in the shaker tops are suitable for anything from seasoning salt to cupcake sprinkles. If you're going to wash these before using (I always do), plan to do it by hand and separate the shaker tops from the lids before dropping them into the soapy dishwater. I threw them all in together, then spent quite a bit of time trying to get them apart so they could be rinsed and set to dry. The bottles dried nicely by setting them on the top tines of my dishwasher and being left to air dry overnight, before filling them.

I also used a Dymo label maker to make the bottle labels and Organizer tags, as I was unable to find a set with all the names I wanted/needed. This also gives your spices a bit of additional class with a uniform appearance. I highly recommend this setup if you're trying to bring order to a chaotic cabinet or existing spice rack.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, September 6, 2008
AvgMom2 (Long Island, NY) - See all my reviews
The set's caps came in two sizes, one with small holes and another with big holes. The big hole caps were too big to use on most of my spices. They were good for peppercorns, crushed peppers, fennel seeds, etc. I wished the entire set came in small holes, as these were more fitting to the seasonings I use, such as lemon pepper, or other ground spices. I didn't see any self-adhesive labels in the box, so I created my own. I buy all my spices from Penzeys Spices ([...]) and now I can save money by buying in bagful. Thanks, Amazon.com!

5.0 out of 5 stars How to save money on spices, July 24, 2008
Jim (Houston, Texas, USA) - See all my reviews
If you live in an area with a Central Market, get these jars. Then go to CM and get the bulk spices you need. Like, 80 cents will fill a jar with some exotic spice that would cost you $5 at Randalls (or Kroger). (OK, maybe I'm off a bit on the economics, but NOT BY MUCH!) Don't forget to get the labels--they're a gem also. Then get your butt out to the garage and build you a nice rack.
Oh, yeah: the jars were delivered in pristine condition and in a very timely fashion.

1.0 out of 5 stars SCAM!!!, December 7, 2006

1.0 out of 5 stars Product apparently doesn't exist, November 16, 2006
Be Aware Before you Order! On Oct. 31, 2006 I ordered two cases of bottles through Amazon, to be delivered from Stacks and Stacks. When they arrived, the cases were only 16 count instead of 48 count. I called Stacks and Stacks and a supervisor was to return my call, I received an email instead (supervisor claimed my home number was a fax). She offered to credit me shipping cost ($18.47 for the heavier weight boxes - the 16 count boxes are only 5.99 to ship)if I wanted to keep the boxes, otherwise they would arrange to pick them up. She claimed that J.K. Adams does not make a 48 ct case. I responded that I wished to return the boxes (I had less than half of the bottles I needed, and the cost per bottle was now more than doubled). I have since written two more times and as of 11/16/06 have received no response, no instructions to return, and no credit to my account. I have filed a claim with Amazon A-Z Guarantee, hopefully this will be resolved soon.