5.0 out of 5 stars Rock solid
Published on September 1, 2012 by mmoon

Shipping was fast and was delivered on a Sunday. Thats the reason why I didnt give them one star.

Published 1 month ago by T.J.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock solid, September 1, 2012
This review is from: J-Tech Digital Hdmi Extender By Cat 5E/6/7 (The Latest & The Best) Ver 1.3 Certified For Full Hd 1080P With Deep Color & Hd Audio And Max Bandwidth Of 10.2Gbps (Electronics)
I installed 4 of these a couple of months ago to transmit my Canon HF10s to a Blackmagic Television Studio. The Television Studio is very finicky and won't accept an HDMI cable more than about 10 feet. I have these units with a 25 foot HDMI cable from the cameras to the transmitter units and then extending another 25 feet of Cat6 to the receiver units. They've been performing solid ever since. No flickering, no weirdness. Recommend these highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, February 20, 2012
I ran two cat6 cable over 50 ft to my projector on the ceiling of my apartment. I had zero problems with this device. Plugged it in and instantly I had 1080p on my projector at 60hz. For people who own projectors you know anything past thirty feet you cant get 1080p you only can get 1080i. This device solved that problem. I would recommend this device to anyone who needs to go long distance and still have 1080p resolution. Also I cant say anything about audio due to it being a projector. But I would assume it works just as good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Work awesome, December 30, 2012
Used cat 6 with these and the picture came out just fine over 150 foot. Only used them for PC to LCD screens but they seem the work very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, August 18, 2012
Charles S. Webster (Oak Ridge, TN United States) - See all my reviews
For my setting I ran two Cable Matters 50ft Cat6a 550 MHz SSTP (Screened Shielded Twisted Pair) Snagless Patch Cable in Blue from the cable box to a TV in my exercise room. The quality of the picture and sound are no difference between using the extender or straight from an HDMI cable. Bottom line, this product works great and I am very happy. It really solved my problem and made it more convenient and conducive for me to exercise (on my treadmill while watching the news channel mostly).

4.0 out of 5 stars Truly awesome product, July 15, 2012
I just installed my J-Tech HDMI extender yesterday and I have to say that it is fantastic. I have a pair of ethernet cables running from my source in the farthest corner of my living room to the LED HD screen in my bedroom at the other corner of my apartment. As the ethernet cables are installed within the false wall and ceiling, the total cable run must be about 30 meters at least. Picture quality is great and without drop outs. The product is worth five stars but I've docked one because when the lights in the bedroom are turned off (and only off for some strange reason), the sound and colour cuts out. What's left is a pinkish video with no audio. However, resetting the box (unplug and plug in the power) brings everything back to normal. I am not sure if this problem is unique to me alone. But other than that, this product is worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars good stuff, May 18, 2012
I used the HDMI extender to watch movie in bedroom with my desktop in study room. Very good quality and easily to set up for a technical dummy like me. Plug and play. It has excellent video and audio capability. CAT 6 cables were connected over 80 feet without signal loss. Great product. I am happy with the price and the quality

2.0 out of 5 stars Extremely dissapointed! And I have alot of J-tech products that works flawlessly!, December 15, 2014

The unit simply don't work. I am using two brand new hdmi cables and a short ethernet cat6 cable for testing the unit before I used my 100ft cat6 cable. Like I said I have quite a few J-Tech products and recommended them to many people I know but this was a total let down.....

New cables, no signal at all. Im using a 1080p dlp projector, ok, so I said let me try it 720p, Still no signal, then I said for the hell of it, let me try a 480p signal just to see if I get anything out of this unit, Still Nothing....

Everything powers on as it should, I see the blue lights on both units indicating there is a signal present but no image was display period no matter what I do.

I felt like this item wasa huge let down compared to other J-Tech items I own...

I will try to get them to send me a replacement, but IF this happens again, I want my money back.

Very Disapointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hdmi over cat5 flawless, August 31, 2012
Great product. Sturdy construction. Works just as the description tells you and it is actually small and compact overall great functional product.

4.0 out of 5 stars When we changed it to the AV Receiver main HDMI output is was fine @ 100 feet distance, December 20, 2014
When I connected it from the AV Receiver to the CAT 5/6 it worked properly at a distance of 35 feet. We also tested it @ 50 feet & 100 feet which at the longer distance started freezing momentarily. This was direct out of the BluRay deck which wasn't how we planned on using it. When we changed it to the AV Receiver main HDMI output is was fine @ 100 feet distance. Ray in AZ

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple Installation, May 18, 2012
The HDMI Extender works excellent for me in such a great price. The installation is very simple, I just follow the instruction and I can easily connect my laptop with my living-room TV. The signal is very strong that I don't have any problem with the distance connection.