5.0 out of 5 stars great adapter, good price
Published 19 months ago by Randall Krippner

Published 18 months ago by Monster42

3.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what it said it is and for a great price. Slimy attempts to get good reviews, October 9, 2012
I discovered that the class I was going to teach in just a few days didn't have a vga display, but instead had an hdmi input, so my macbook adapter wasn't going to work. I didn't want to pay a fortune to buy directly from apple, so I ordered this adapter from J-tech digital. It cost much less and arrived quickly. And it works great too! It really saved me. I would recommend this to anyone.

However, the seller will email you shortly after your product arrives to persuade you to leave feedback and promise to send you an amazon gift card if you do so. Haven't seen that yet.

So good product, fast shipping, but disingenuous way to get feedback.

5.0 out of 5 stars great adapter, good price, September 14, 2012
This review is from: J-Tech Digital High Quality Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter (female) Cable for Apple Macbook, Macbook Pro, iMac, Macbook Air, Mac Mini Laptop (Electronics)
I recently needed a Mini display port adaptor to connect my iMac to my new Cintiq tablet, and J-Tech's adaptor has worked perfectly. The iMac no longer has a dedicated video output port, and instead requires the mini display port adaptor to go from the computer's ThunderBolt port to a DVI connector. (Note: The Thunderbolt port is also the DVI output port for the iMac)

The cable is well made, and fit both the ThunderBolt port and the DVI connector on the tablet perfectly. It's very well made. No cheap connectors or misaligned pins here. It just worked.

As for shipping: it arrived right on time and was well packaged to protect it during shipping.

It's a nice product, very well made. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for mid-2011 iMac and Samsung 27" DVI-to-HDMI, March 20, 2012
hmbay (Half Moon Bay, California) - See all my reviews
OK, the situation is that I have an ULTRA DVI KVM Switch that I connect to an iMac, Windows and Linux machines.
I replaced my Mac Mini with the mid-2011 iMac and was using an Accel MDP-to-DVI adapter to connect to the ULTRA DVI switch
and then a DVI-to-HDMI cable to connect to the Samsung HDMI monitor (2011 model, 27" SMS27A350H).
This Accel adapter did not work with the iMac - the Samsung monitor was tinted pink whether or not it went thru the switch.
This is apparently a problem that can occur when you connect an HDMI monitor via DVI thru an MDP/Thunderbolt port adapter.
You can google this problem - people have brought monitors and iMacs to Genius bars and no one can get them to work right.

However, when I connected this JTech adapter - all was well! Frankly, I'm amazed.
So apparently this adapter has the right stuff and for 1/3 the price of the Apple adapter which apparently does not work in this situation since I'm assuming that is what they were using at the Genius bar.

5.0 out of 5 stars Doing the job :), October 20, 2012
First I tried a long cable, but it flickered a lot. Then I saw good reviews on this one and decided to give it a try and it worked :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Video Works Great, October 16, 2012
I wanted to run my Macbook Pro laptop's video signal from the Mini DisplayPort to my television's HDMI input. It worked great. I could not figure out how to get the sound to work through the cable, though. I think this is probably because I could not figure out the settings on Mac's end. I'm sure a bit of research would have helped me figure it out, but I was lazy and simply plugged my laptop speakers into the 1/8" audio out on my laptop, which is fine with me because those speakers have better sound than my TV speakers.

Anyway, adaptors are always tricky, and the video signal worked perfectly, so I'm thankful for this good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as Advertised, September 27, 2012
I have an Apple branded miniDP to DVI adapter that I use at work, but got tired of carrying it home so I could use it on my TV. I didn't want to shell out the big bucks for yet another Apple branded one, so I purchased this one instead.

The project is no different than you'd expect than the Apple one. The quality might be just a tad lower, but that might just be psychological.

The only problem I experienced is when using Safari or Chrome, flash movies did not show up very well (full screen or windowed) on my TV (being used as a second monitor with this adapter through a very high qaulity, fatty DVI cable). However, the picture is fine in Firefox, so I do not attribute the poor quality to this adapter at all.

If you want to save money, buy this adapter. Works the same as the Apple branded one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dodgy quality, but works and is appropriately priced, September 27, 2012
This item broke the first time I used it. When removing the protective clear plastic cap on the Mini DisplayPort connection (it was really tight) the white plastic sheath around the wire terminals slid off.

I slid it back over and it works ok, but I ended up having to super glue the sheath back in place, which is obviously not ideal and not what I'd expect but I couldn't be bothered returning the item and have to wait for a replacement to arrive.

Picture and sound work fine though.

So, it works ok, but the quality is not great... not a patch on the Moshi product I also have which I'd have bought instead if it was listed on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars well worth it, September 25, 2012
i am a very satisfied customer.

this adapter arrived on time with my 2-day shipping
i have been using it daily for about a week so i can use my new tv as a second screen.
both the sound and picture quality are transmitting perfectly.

the macbook i am using is circa 2010, the tv is brand new, and i have used two hdmi cords with this- gold plated (expensive) and not (cheap) and it works great with both.

i noticed a LOT of reviews mentioning sound problems, which confused me at first, too.
but i figured it out:
go to your system preferences, then sound settings, then click the 'output' tab.
lastly, you click your tv name/brand and boom, your sound comes out of the tv. :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, March 11, 2012
I mainly got this because it was cheap but this is actually a great adaptor. You get more than what you pay for and the audio and video is great. I suggest this for any college student who want's to be able to hook up their mac to a tv because it is inexpensive and it works like a dream. i have used this to host movie nights, projects and, also for personal use. You will not be disappointed!

3.0 out of 5 stars This is not an active display adapter., February 17, 2013
If you are looking for a MiniDP to DVI adapter to setup a 3+ monitor display, this will not cut it.

This device will work great to connect a Mac to an external projector.

ARRAY(0xa5b710cc)