4.0 out of 5 stars Fleshing out the characters in JAG
Published on September 22, 2007 by Charles S. Martin

1.0 out of 5 stars was listed as new, but not
the fourth season was listed as new and in bubble wrap. when we received it, the outer packaging was worn and torn. the bubble wrap looked as if it had been opened and resealed. and in two incidents, the tape was hanging up anf we had to fast forward to override the program. will not order from this place again.
Published 13 months ago by vetswife56

4.0 out of 5 stars Fleshing out the characters in JAG, September 22, 2007
This review is from: JAG: Judge Advocate General: Season 4 (DVD)
Season four provides more depth to the main characters in JAG. Harm and Mac survive the cliffhanger in which they were dangling in the last episode of season three, and the search for Harm's father comes to a conclusion. The chemistry between Harm and Mac continues to grow, but neither Harm nor Mac are anywhere near making a committment. Harm is still "playing the field," and emotional wounds from Mac's past require more than bandaids to heal. We see more of AJ's life before and beyond being the Navy's Judge Advocate General, and Bud becomes a "real" lawyer and shows that he is more than just the comic relief for the series.

The action episodes contine to thrill, but at times with resolutions that stretch plausability. "The Embassy" is probably the best with a plot twist that explores the limits of military solutions to the world's problems and lifts the series above military recruiting propaganda. "Nobody's Child" and "Goodbyes" present an emoltional side of Harm we knew he had but only saw glimpses of before. Most of the courtroom episodes are much more realistic than shows like the legal farce, "Matlock,"(my 35 years practicing law more than qualify me to say this) but "People v. Mac" strains legal credibility. However, the episode does give us a glimpe into Mac's Freudian past, and presents a disturbing insight into Brumby, a newcomer to JAG.

Although all of the episodes can "stand alone," CIA Agent Clayton Webb, Congressperson Bobbi Latham, Vietnam vet Roscoe Martin, SEAL Lt. Vernon Rivers, Lt. Cmdr. Theresa Coulter, Francesca Paretti (AJ's daughter) and Special Agent Clark Palmer (Boo!), all reappear from past seasons in their good/good, bad/good or bad/bad rolls. However viewing these episodes without at least a fleeting knowledge of what went before does not allow one to experience the growth of the characters in their rolls that makes the series all that more entertaining and enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still loving Jag~Didn't think it could get better but it does., January 7, 2009
This review is from: JAG: Judge Advocate General: Season 4 (DVD)
I didn't watch Jag until it was in the 10th season. Recently I caught it on TV reruns and got totally hooked. I had to get the DVD's. Needless to say I LOVE Harm Rabb, he couldn't be any cuter. Season two brought Catherine Bell on the scene as Harm's Partner. I love the immediate chemistry between them and the looks Harm gives her...my heart swoons. The love is there for sure now but they cannot act on it.

I didn't think it would keep getting better and better but what can I say it does. Season 4 is no dissapointment. I love how it is current with the year it was made as far as what wars are going on.

I think watching this also makes us remember our troops more and all they are doing for us. We can sit and enjoy watching DVD's safe in our homes because they are protecting and defending our freedom.

The adventures are so varied and different in each show. Season two has more courtroom time it's investigations and drama.

I cannot say enough good about this show. You will not be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars A must own DVD Navy fan or not!, August 29, 2007
This review is from: JAG: Judge Advocate General: Season 4 (DVD)
I really enjoy watching this series! My husband was in the Navy and he says that this show is very much real to how the navy responds and reacts to different situations! I can't wait to own all the seasons!!

5.0 out of 5 stars JAG-Season 4, September 21, 2007
A Kid's Review
This review is from: JAG: Judge Advocate General: Season 4 (DVD)
This was one of JAG's best seasons among many great ones. This season had everything from serious drama like Silent Service and Nobody's Child to fun stories like Jaggle Bells and Yeah, Baby. A lot people didn't like it due to it being about the military but that is their lost. A big part of the lure of the show was the screen chemistry between the stars, David James Elliott and Catherine Bell, which I have not seen on any other show. It is a shame it was wasted.

It is a shame that during the last 2 years of the show it appeared that the creater of the show was engaging in destruction of the masterpiece and longest running of all the shows he has created. I also keep wondering why Paramount allowed the DVD's to be released with the name of David James Elliott misspelled on the Season 3 and 4 case. After all he played the main character of the show.

5.0 out of 5 stars JAG Season 4 boxset, September 17, 2007
This review is from: JAG: Judge Advocate General: Season 4 (DVD)
I've beeen looking forward to this season for so long and I must say, this boxset did not disappoint! I thought season four was one of the best and contained most of my favourite episodes. The only thing I thought was a shame was that it did not contain any episode commentries like the season 3 boxset and would have liked to see an extended gag reel. All in all, a good set of DVDs, I will definately buy the season 5 collection when it comes out!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good episodes... Not-so-good product, September 17, 2007
This review is from: JAG: Judge Advocate General: Season 4 (DVD)
I now have all seasons (1-4) of JAG released so far. It hurts me to give this DVD set anything below 5 stars because I'm as big a JAG fan as JAG fans come... but having seen 200+ episodes on TV before the DVD sets were released at all, I wanted to see more than just the episodes. It's great that I have the episodes but it would've been nice to get more than just 4 minutes of bonus features... Even some epidsode commentary would have been nice. That's really disappointing. Seasons 1 and 2 had a few good features. I hope future released seasons offer more.

1.0 out of 5 stars was listed as new, but not, September 2, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars JAG The Show Stands the test of time, September 15, 2007
This review is from: JAG: Judge Advocate General: Season 4 (DVD)
The subject matter of this series becomes more relevant with the passage of time. With the divisiveness in our country over military matters becoming ever more profound with each passing day, I believe it is imperative to take a time out and look back at JAG and see what the military is all about. These are honorable decent men and women that serve our country. Even with the sometimes contrived storylines, JAG the 4th season still puts the lives of our service people in perspective, and brings the reality of military service to those who watch it. I look forward to future release of the subsequent seasons of JAG to DVD. It is an important series that may be more important now than it ever was when the episodes first aired. We, as Americans can differ in our views, but there is one factor that should bring solidarity among us: We must support our military because they put themselves in harm's way all over the world to protect the right to dissent here at home.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZON did not supply complete seasons!!!!!!, October 9, 2014
I liked this show alot. However, Amazon failed to provide all of the episodes of the series after season 1. I have notifited them twice and they have yet to correct the situation. I am very disappointed in them. I would prefer that they wait to post an entire season then to post a partial season.

But if they correct this situation, this series is worth watching.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shows for generations to come!, January 7, 2014
This review is from: JAG: Judge Advocate General: Season 4 (DVD)
As good values and principles among American people have been diminishing in this country these stories presents in this show are refreshing. No dirty or inappropriate scenes are not used in the show and great for any family members can view. It tells the stories that always seem to be stood by the basic principles of human kind and also shows humanity in every day functions.

It shows much of what the military people may have to go through within political limitations and its incompetency. I believe those environment will be always there. This also shows how critical it is for the American people to elect the best people possible for our leaders. It makes the viewers to wonder how much truths are set aside when decisions are made by our leaders in this country.

The tools in the show may get outdated but what the creator wants to tell the viewers will always be refreshing.
It has great casts and the leading man (David James Elliot) is the perfect man to play the role, hansom, great voice, and great acting) He also pays very close attention to the detail in his role. After you see the show a movie such as 'Top Gun' looks very tinny. Tom Cruise does not even come close in his role next to David J Elliot. It is no wonder he has earned a 'Audy Murphy' award for his performance.

I can also understand why this show has not been a darling of Holliwood because all the principles presented in JAG are against what they believe in the movie kingdom.

JAG: Judge Advocate General: Season 4
JAG: Judge Advocate General: Season 4 by David James Elliott (DVD - 2007)
$22.99 $12.99