Amazon.com: Customer Reviews:
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

• Customer Reviews

on November 28, 2012
I had high hopes for this. While it does work, I couldn't use it. I had to rinse the mask so much that it washed out all the spray and the mask would fog. My husband was able to use it if he was careful to spray just a little, wipe it around and then dunk the mask in water once. But for me, it made my eyes sting a lot and was very uncomfortable. I'm not usually sensitive to sprays and such, so it was surprising.

However, there's an even better idea than this. We took a snorkeling and scuba diving lesson in the pool at the hotel in Hawaii. The guy running it suggested we use his "no rinse defogger". He sprayed it in the mask, then said to swish it around in the mask, then pour out the extra. Do not rinse (which I did without thinking after using the Spit stuff and had to restart). Just put the mask on. Viola, no fogging. Worked even better than the spit stuff not including the stinging eyes. Then on the snorkeling tour, the people who run at least two snorkeling tours a day, 7 days a week had the same no rinse defogger. I finally asked what it was - baby shampoo mixed with water! It was awesome. I'm definitely getting a little spray bottle and putting baby shampoo and water in it. This worked really really well. The only disadvantage is you have to reapply. But we had to do that with the spit stuff, too. And this stuff is cheaper and easier to use.

So in short, get some baby shampoo instead and skip this. The pros don't use this stuff anyway. I mean, really, if the people who go snorkeling and scuba diving every day in Maui, HI haven't even heard of this quick spit spray stuff before (none had, I asked), then it can't be but so good.
2626 comments| 338 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 23, 2008
I went from being able to see well only 50% of the time using high performance anti-fog sunglasses to 100% of the time during white water kayaking, using this spray. It works much better than the others I have tried, to the point where no matter how many times I roll, I never get any fog at any temperature; all day long. No other spray even came close.

Directions on back are a little confusing, I just rub the stuff in with a microfiber cleaning cloth, let dry, and then run it under water to get rid of the residue.
0Comment| 127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2011
This is an excellent anti-fog for swim googles. I can't speak to using it on SCUBA masks. (I use a different product for SCUBA!)
I have one suggestion. After application, rinse the hell out of your goggles. The first time I used the anti-fog, my eyes burned, and I had to stop swimming to rinse my googles.
Subsequently, with a good rinsing, all was great.
44 comments| 124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 1, 2012
I followed the instructions twice but after 30 minutes in the pool; fog was back.
I usually prepare the lens (goggles) the night before following the instructions, but got side tracked this one time.
The next morning the formula had dried on the lens but instead of starting over I just used a soft cloth and wipe the dry residue. Talk about an accidental fix the lens did not fog after my 1 hour swim. So now I spray the goggles the night before and wipe the dry residue just before I go to the pool. It works, I plan to buy more when I run out. I have not tried yet, but I will see if one application will last for 2 days swim.
77 comments| 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 23, 2013
This solution caused severe corneal abrasion to my left eye that I have to wear a protective contact lens for a week to let my cornea heal. The burn is similar to chlorine irritation so I did not know the severity of the damage until I left the pool. Flushing it with water for fifteen minutes most likely alleviated the damage but still the damage was done. If you insist on using it, I suggest thorough rinsing; and if your eyes are irritated, take your goggles off immediately and flush your eyes asap with water. I, on the other hand, am throwing this product away.
1212 comments| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 11, 2012
I have sensitive eyes and wear contacts so I was concerned about how much my eyes would be bothered by this product. First off it doesn't have any smell or scent, which is great. Following a previous reviewers advice I sprayed the inside of my Speedo Vanquisher 2.0 goggles with Jaws and let it sit for a few minutes with the goggles facing down and the spray lying in an even layer on the inside of the goggles. At the pool I rinsed it out once by dipping it in the pool. When I put it on and swam a lap or so, my eyes began to sting. So I rinsed it out again. After a few more rinses, the stinging stopped but I was pleasantly surprised that the goggles did not fog up even after almost an hour of swimming. So it appears that if you rinse it out enough times you can retain the anti-fog effect without bothering sensitive eyes. And it is considerably better at anti-fogging than using your own spit.

Note that I never touch the inside of the goggles when rinsing out. I suspect that rubbing the inside while rinsing may remove the coating although I havent tested that theory yet. Also the Speedo Vanquisher 2.0 Plus Mirrored Goggle is already supposed to have an anti-fog coating even though it doesn't work. I haven't tried this on a pair of goggles that has no coating whatsoever.
on July 21, 2011
This product seems to work well enough for my continued use. This is my second anti-fog product and both that I have tried have worked very well. Jaws works fine, but I do apply everytime I swim or I find that it doesnt hold up like I thought it would. This may be because I find that I have to spray the product into my goggles and then rinse before I begin swimming. If I don't rinse the goggles first, my eyes begin to get irritated and feel a small burning in them over the course of several laps. Rinsing definitely eliminate this feeling for me and keeps the goggles fog free. I have let others try this as well and they have all found it to be a beneficial product.
33 comments| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 21, 2016
This anti-fog spray, if used correctly, is the antidote to the bane of every lap swimmer. After a lot of experimenting, I've figured out how to maximize its effectiveness.

1) Don't wait until you get to the pool. Apply the spray at least 30 minutes beforehand.

2) Spray it all over the inside and outside of the lenses and let it soak in for about 20-30 seconds. Never touch the lenses with your fingers or with a cloth of any sort.

3) Rinse off the spray with luke warm tap water. (Don't use pool water!)

4) Set the goggles aside and let the lenses dry. Never use a towel or cloth to clean them.

5) Once the lenses are dry -- or mostly dry -- you're good to go.

6) Try to avoid touching the inside or outside of the lenses at any time. (It will damage the lenses' special coating.)

My only quibble with the Jaws Quick Spit is that the spray runs out pretty quickly. If you do a lot of swimming, then I would suggest purchasing a 2 pack or a 3 pack.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on February 8, 2013
I initially purchased the JAWS brand and the AquaSphere brand of anti-fog spray for my swim goggles. I swim at least 4 times a week for an hour each time so having my goggles fog free is really important for me. No one likes to swim and not be able to see anything.

The JAWS quick spit works really good in eliminating the fog - 90% to 100% fog free. Why the 90% - if you don't leave the JAWS solution on the googles for at least 2 mins, you won't get 100% fog free. The 90% fog free is still decent - not foggy to the point where I can't see as in when I don't use JAWS. So, likely the longer you leave the JAWS solution on, the better chance you'll get 100% fog free.

The AquaSphere brand does not work as well as JAWS - in case you were deciding between JAWS vs AquaSphere brand. My goggles still fogged up and fog free percentage was around 40%-50% with the AquaSphere. FYI, my goggles are also AquaSphere and it still wasn't as effective as JAWS. Don't waste your money on AquaSphere anti-fog. If you are looking for good, secure fit, comfortable goggles, definitely look into AquaSphere. They make the best googles and swimwear.

My process - I've only tried 1 method so far. I spray 2 sprays into my dry goggles, angle my goggles around so the JAWS solution will cover the entire inside of my googles. Sometimes I'll use my fingers to help spread the solution. I let the JAWS solution sit in my goggles for about 1-2 minutes. Then I rinse it out at the sink and wear it to swim immediately. I don't like this method because the goggles are wet from rinsing when I put them on for swimming - causing leaks sometimes. Goggles tend to have a solid leak free secure fit for me if I put them on dry before going into the pool. I'm going to try another method where I spray the goggles the night before my swim, let the JAWs solution dry on the goggles overnight, then rinse the next day. I'll update my review to discuss how that went after I try it.
on October 21, 2011
I've found that new anti-fog swim goggles have a very limited anti-fog lifetime. After a few swims, or after some spit/rinses, their antifog is ruined or gone. This has been the case for the last few high-end Speedo goggles I've bought. In order to keep using them once that initial anti-fog treatment fails, the fogging must be addressed. I have tried spit & rinse, the Speedo goggle anti-fog liquid, the Tyr goggle anti-fog spray, Cat Crap, and JAWS Quick Spit anti-fog spray. Spit and rinse is obviously free, but doesn't work that well, and gives off unsanitary vibes. Of the anti-fog products one has to pay for, Speedo only worked for one swim (wholly unsatisfactory), Tyr didn't even work for one swim (complete waste of money), Cat Crap caused significant light glare issues and also started fogging anyway, and Jaws Quick Spit allowed for two to three swims before reapplication was necessary. As a result, even though I'd like Jaws Quick Spit to do better, it is the best swim goggle anti-fog out there, so it is the only product I will repeat purchase. Cat Crap has worked well for ski goggles in the past, so I will save it for that. For swimming, I'll stick with Jaws Quick Spit.