Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: JBL Control One All-Weather Control Monitor (2)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 3, 2012
I've been a JBL fan since my first exposure to them in the 70's. Their drivers and cabinets take abuse and still function well. Just keep the signals going to them from clipping. Use a good high-quality amp to drive them if you're going to play it loud. I've got four of these guys as the primary speakers at the corners with a DefTech 1000 at the middle and a Mirage sub. Yamaha RX-V671 driving this budget Home Theater. I couldn't be any more pleased. This sound system wasn't intended to be a "blaster" but it can truely rock the house if I wanted it to. The mids and highs are crystal clear even at low volume levels. I don't think anyone would be disappointed after purchasing a pair or two of these Pro 1 JBL monitors once they had them set up and driven with a decent amp. The bass isn't ultra low from these monitors, but that wasn't their design purpose. From 80 to 100hz and up, they seem to be very accurate. I like 'em a lot.
on September 17, 2015
Sound: 5+ stars
These speakers sound incredible especially for their size. I was worried such small speakers wouldn't have full sound but they pack a punch. The sound is quite clear. They fill my deck and reach the back of my yard.

Mount: 2 stars
At first I tried mounting these horizontally so they would project under my house's eaves. The first speaker would not stay in place. It kept tilting. I tightened them to the point where the nut broke. I exchanged them for a new pair. I tried a few things with the new pair and finally decided to compromise and mount them vertically. While I feel that they are secure enough not to fall, there is still a little "play" in the mount. It's a ball-and-socket mount. I can get the ball tight in the socket, but the screw protruding from the ball has a little wobble. I was afraid to play with it too much or I'd break another mount.
on March 18, 2013
These have white cabinets, come with mounting brackets. Powerful and clear sound with 60 watt NAD amp.Tried these out initially indoors in a 15x25 room. Filled the room easily, no strain. Can't wait for weather to break to mount outdoors.
on January 3, 2015
They're JBL. What more can be said other than if you're fence sitting, you cannot go wrong with a quality JBL product. I have many sets including vintage JBL and other Control One models and I expect these to hold up as well.
on September 11, 2013
The speakers are placed in my backyard and have nice sound across the low and high end pitches. Can they be better? Yes. But the price point was very good. Now for the caution.

As I was tightening down the spin lock tensioners. The plastic ring snapped right through. The threaded rings that come with these that attach the ball mounts in the back of each speaker to the wall mount IS GARBAGE. If any part in the history of time should be Aluminum or Stainless Steel, these are it. I have mounted the speakers without using the poorly designed stock mounts.
on February 15, 2013
I have had a pair of these for several years, and I love them. I used to have them hooked up to a preamp and power amp hi-fi system, and they were outstanding. Now we have them connected to a Sony micro stereo in our kitchen. I could listen to that stereo all day. These little JBL's are very balanced and clear. The bass will not shake the walls, but we can hear bass drums and basses just fine. I may have to buy another pair, and I will be quite sad when the pair I have finally die.
on May 18, 2015
Awesome speakers for our deck. Glad to find them on Amazon. We wore the first pair out after 6 years of rock and roll.
on June 6, 2016
I had hope that these would sound better, obviously they are compact speakers but they have very little bass
on February 14, 2016
Speakers work well and have survived Connecticut winters
on February 9, 2014
I like the way they sound and the mounting brackets were easy to install. I was done and enjoying them in an hour.