5.0 out of 5 stars JBL FLIP PORTABLE BLUETOOTH SPEAKER
Published 22 months ago by joseph tsugawa

3.0 out of 5 stars Loud but without punch!
JBL's new portable speaker "Flip" is about the size of a Jambox, but the JBL Flip can play much louder. Unfortunately overall the sound is equally lacking as from the Jambox.
Published 22 months ago by oluv

5.0 out of 5 stars JBL FLIP PORTABLE BLUETOOTH SPEAKER, October 26, 2012
This review is from: JBL Flip Bluetooth enabled loudspeaker-Black (Electronics)
I just received my new JBL Flip loudspeaker and i'm simply blown away! This is the little speaker that could! and it does extremely well. I've been looking for a good portable Bluetooth speaker for over a year now. My search has ended and i found a GREAT speaker. I've purchased and returned more speakers than you want to know. So it was with some skepticism that i purchased this speaker and WOW am i pleasantly surprised and even a little giddy. This "little" speaker fills a large room and much more. I cannot actually turn the volume all the way up because it's too loud, in a great way! This was never an issue with the other speakers. I'm sure that my neighbors can hear this thing across the street! The design ,shape and performance are simply outstanding. Thanks so much for putting out such a great product among all those mediocre products out there. This is my first JBL purchase and i am now a big fan! Can't wait to take this speaker out and about to show it off!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the Bunch, October 31, 2012
Lynn C. M. Design (New Market, MD United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: JBL Flip Bluetooth enabled loudspeaker-Black (Electronics)
Love this speaker. Considered taking away one star because it lacks a usb port for charging. Pairs easily with my tablet (ASUS Transformer Prime) and smartphone (Motorola Droid). Sounds great, and surpasses any of the other five speakers I have purchased over the past four months. Much clearer and louder than anything else I have tried. I have returned all of my previous purchases for various reasons. One thing they all had in common was the sound was lacking. I had done extensive research and purchased the best speakers under $100.00 that I could find. I purchased the flip on a whim, there were virtualy no ratings or reviews available at the time of purchase, It is simple solid and sounds great. I paid $89.00 for the flip and highly recommend it to anyone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Loud but without punch!, November 2, 2012
oluv (Austria, Vienna) - See all my reviews
This review is from: JBL Flip Bluetooth enabled loudspeaker-Black (Electronics)
The Flip's sound has most emphasis on treble, while mids are nearly completely missing. There is indeed some bass, but it is not better or stronger than on the Jambox. Especially at normal listening levels the sound is rather tinny and harsh. I compared the Flip to my FoxL and the FoxL had a more natural sound with a more powerful bass, although the FoxL cannot play that loud.
But loudness is not everything, more important for me is a decent sound quality at normal listening levels.

The Flip already seems to apply some dynamic processing, as it sounds different depending on the volume-level it is set. If your player is set to a rather low volume and the speaker is cranked it will sound more tinny, than if you set the player to maximum volume and reduce volume on the speaker. But JBL could have pushed it even more. I tried applying some bass-boost with various EQ apps as well as SRS WOW effects and the Flip did pretty well, it is a pity that it wasn't tuned like that from scratch as being forced to fumble around with different apps or EQs is rather annoying.

The JBL is definitely a nice looking portable speaker, and a better alternative to a Jambox or similar speakers but in reality even the old on stage micro II sounds more powerful, not to mention the slightly bigger Logitech S135i which sounds even more convincing.

I would have loved this speaker if it gave me a considerably better sound than my FoxL, which i now use for travelling all the time. But the Flip sounds comparable and the only advantage it has is a much louder output. But i wonder when i would have the opportunity to play it that loud as i'm not deaf yet...

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweeeeeet product, April 18, 2014
This review is from: JBL Flip Bluetooth enabled loudspeaker-Black (Electronics)
Powerful sound I took it to N.C and a cabin in the mountains, switched real quick my flip on and a buddies Bose system of with some same tunes, he didn't bother even looking up on the mantel piece are until my flip started playing different tunes,, He`s mad and amazed JBL Flip! I Velcro mine above the sun visor and use for Bluetooth talk hands free On my phone!! Get one, hey get 2!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome speaker, but this price?, February 24, 2014
This review is from: JBL Flip Bluetooth enabled loudspeaker-Black (Electronics)
this thing sells brand new for $99 retail.

why is it more used on amazon...?

not that it isn't worth it comparing it to the price of the beats pill which sounds practically the same and is twice the price

just strange to see amazon higher than retail

JBL Flip Bluetooth enabled loudspeaker-Black