5.0 out of 5 stars Great Speakers. Recommend to All.
Published on July 7, 2012 by Fontana

3.0 out of 5 stars Hardly no bass
I'm not overly sold on these. They work better than my factory speakers that I replaced them on (crap "premium" Infinity speakers on 2012 Jeep Wrangler). They fit right in without any need for modifications and allowed me to keep the factory grill cover--- which was my end goal.

Do your research on better components if you're looking for bass. Highs and...
Published 6 months ago by jaxgsxr

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Speakers. Recommend to All., July 7, 2012
This review is from: JBL GTO638 6.5-Inch 3-Way Speakers (Pair) (Electronics)
I purchased two pairs of these and replaced all four door speakers in my car. Just installed the speakers yesterday and WOW, I would recommend these to anyone. They play really loud and clear even with my stock head unit in a 2012 Optima. Great mids and highs, even a nice amount of bass for a 6.5 inch speaker. The highs can be a little bright so I kept the rears at the adjustable -3db. I will probably end up getting a sub for more lows, but these speakers ROCK. Installation was a breeze, just needed my own screws and had to drill a few new holes in my panel. Amazon is the best as always too. I ordered these on a Saturday with free shipping and they arrived that Monday morning.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect as always, March 10, 2011
This review is from: JBL GTO638 6.5-Inch 3-Way Speakers (Pair) (Electronics)
i always liked the bass power of JBL's and their quality in sound and production. since i installed them on my car i have been very satisfied with them. i would recommend it to everyone who wants to really enjoy the music while driving.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hardly no bass, April 7, 2014
This review is from: JBL GTO638 6.5-Inch 3-Way Speakers (Pair) (Electronics)

Do your research on better components if you're looking for bass. Highs and lows on this set?... you bet! Otherwise be sure you compliment this setup w/ some quality subwoofers to complete the sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT VALUE, September 5, 2010
This review is from: JBL GTO638 6.5-Inch 3-Way Speakers (Pair) (Electronics)
Replaced MPV stock speakers and they really do rock. 3-way makes treble/highs sound amazing. Great deal

5.0 out of 5 stars 2010 Toyota Tundra- Amazing Sound, March 25, 2014
Michael J. Moreno (El Paso, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: JBL GTO638 6.5-Inch 3-Way Speakers (Pair) (Electronics)
I bought these for the rear and the 6x9s (GTO938) for the front for my truck. Installed them today and a huge improvement in sound! Very clear and can go very loud, even with stock stereo. I do plan on installing an amp later but with just the stock radio, I hear a big difference and am glad I bought the speakers first (instead of head unit or amp first). Highly recommended

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Speaker, excellant Price, September 23, 2013
This review is from: JBL GTO638 6.5-Inch 3-Way Speakers (Pair) (Electronics)
This speaker is hands over fists better than the stock speakers in my 2003 Honda Accord. The sound is loud and clean. I have seen other people complaining about lack of bass. Come on- these are 6 1/2", what kind of bass are you expecting?? The only reason I gave them 4stars is because Amazon says this will fit my 2003 Honda accord. This is true for the rear deck, but for the front door location you have to physical cut the door opening metal with a jig-saw, even if you use a spacer ( which I built out of MDF 1/2") I still had to cut the door. I can see this being a huge pain for somebody thinking they are just going to pop out the factory speakers and throw these in. It isnt going happen like that for a 2003 Honda Accord. This added about an extra 45min for installation and about $12 in material I had to buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome speaker! sounds great with factory 2001 Chevy Suburban Stereo., August 16, 2014
This review is from: JBL GTO638 6.5-Inch 3-Way Speakers (Pair) (Electronics)
Installed in a 2001 Chevy Suburban on the front doors. The sound from these speakers are awesome. These JBL GTO638 speakers are not disappointing at all. Running these currently with the factory stereo. Although the Suburban comes with a woofer in the rear these little speakers adds just the right amount of bass to the front of the car to enhance the total experience. There's a little button in the middle of the tweeters that tones the tweeters down a little, but for us they sound better set high. Since I still had the factory speaker in the back doors switching the music between the front and back WOW big difference in clarity of sounds and yes you can hear things from these new speakers that I didn't hear with the factory speakers. Will definitely purchase a second pair to upgrade the back doors.

The install was easy for the most part. I left the Suburban's factory tweeter on the front doors, but disconnected as the JBL's has two of its own. The Adaptor took a little work to get the speaker attached as explained below, but the fit was perfect.

You will need 2 things when installing into the Suburban's front doors.
1. Metra 72-4568 Speaker Harness For GM (So you don't have to cut the factory wires to install this speaker)
2. Metra 82-3002 GM Full Size P/U SUV Speaker Adaptors 1995-2005 (Although the 6,5" JBL speaker will not screw into any of the holes in this Adaptor they just don't line up. I got some "Amazing Goop General Purpose glue" from Home Depot and carefully glued the speaker to the new Adaptor just like the factory speakers are made. Make sure you have some little spring clamps handy to hold the Adaptor to the speaker while the glue dries. Left it over night and by morning it was stuck on. Goop is a rubbery type of glue, but sturdy so if you wanted to remove the speaker at a later time you could pry the speaker off the Adaptor. These speakers will not work in the factory Adaptor, because it's too thick. The JBL's has to mount on the front of the Adaptor so this after market Adaptor is thin and perfect for this application.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stop looking and Buy these!, November 7, 2013
This review is from: JBL GTO638 6.5-Inch 3-Way Speakers (Pair) (Electronics)
Seriously stop looking through all those reviews trying to find the best speaker for the money. You found them be proud of yourself for taking the time to do some research. I am research monkey but i finally after about 3 weeks pulled the trigger on these for $55 dollars a set. I bought 4 to replace one set of factory and one set of Pioneers. Both blown to shreds. The front one took a little modification (dremel) to fit in my Accord. The sound quality is spectacular and I instantly heard sounds in my music that my other speakers could not produce. One thing you might really want to consider is purchasing an amp. Although with a descent stereo these sound great for the average citizen but I tend to like to go above and beyond average. But don't get me wrong if you are looking for speakers to replace your blown out or sub par factory ones these are perfect. And if you want to go farther into the realm of blowing your eardrums out these are more than capable of handling that to.
Hook up a four or two channel amp to these and watch them perform to there potential. Before I connected the amp they sounded way better than my last speakers but with the amp it took them to a new level of awesome. But then I wanted more power. I got a 12" sub w/ a ported box, another amp and a new headunit. That sounds expensive but all that was under $250. Again do your research. Now my car BUMPS and I could not be happier with the speakers performance. These were built with a sub in mind.

4 JBL GTO 638 (amazon) $110 - Pioneer 4 channel Amp (craigslist) $50 - 12" Polk Audio Dxi sub (dealofthedayBestBuy) $40 - Ported Box ($30) - PowerAcoustik 800 amp (Friend)

5.0 out of 5 stars Honda S2000, February 28, 2012
This review is from: JBL GTO638 6.5-Inch 3-Way Speakers (Pair) (Electronics)
My goal was to find absolutely the best speaker I could find for the lowest reasonable cost. This pair was it. I did my research and after installing them I'm extremely happy.

I fitted 4 these (Doors & headrests) on my S2000 powered by a stanalone Alpine deck. I was concerned the power would be insufficient for the speakers but the Alpine does an incredible job and I can say its the best sound system I've ever owned and probably better than 90% of the systems I've heard without an amp or a sub. As long as the music file is high quality you will hear amazing sound that you will never have heard before. The bass is admirable, very very good. That said, if you really want to hear a deep uncompromising bass note... you need to get a sub. These speakers really reward you when you turn them way up. The treble is fantastic.

The install on the S2000 required significant modification to fit in the doors even though it was said to be compatible with the S2000. Worth the effort though. The door panel required a small segment to be removed by hack saw so the speaker wiring housing could have room and the so the speaker could fit flush with the door.

All in all... amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars These Speakers are the GREATEST!!!, June 11, 2014
This review is from: JBL GTO638 6.5-Inch 3-Way Speakers (Pair) (Electronics)
I will tell you, these speakers might not necessarily have ear throbbing bass but they have the best mid-range and treble I've ever heard in car audio... want your 2002 [fill in the blank] car to sound like your friend's 2014 [fill in the blank] car? Then these speakers are definitely for you.

My recommendation is - replace all your 6.5 inch speakers with this one, let a professional install a 4 channel amplifier in your car (unless you are technically inclined), add an additional subwoofer or two along with a monoblock amp powering those and you will guaranteed have a very nice sounding amusing sound system in your car that keeps you entertained travelling from point A to point B.

JBL GTO638 6.5-Inch 3-Way Speakers (Pair)
$149.95 $65.00