This trapezoidal, 15" speaker system is at home in live sound, dance music and speech reinforcement. It's equipped with low and high-frequency drivers built in our Northridge, California factory. Features include the Dual-Angle, 35mm pole-mount socket as well as Neutrik® Speakon® and ¼" input connectors.
The JRX100 series delivers the performance and prestige JBL is known for at an affordable price point. To meet these conflicting design goals, we looked at every element of the speaker system design. We kept everything that makes a speaker perform and sound its best and we eliminated things that don't. With performance, value and popular price points, we are going to be building a lot of JRX100 speakers. This means we can apply efficient, high-volume production methods and purchase materials at the lowest cost. That's how JRX100 delivers unprecedented value.
Progressive Transition Waveguide
Just one example of JBL's innovation is the PT Waveguide design. For decades, horn designers were faced with trade-offs between well controlled coverage, low distortion, and good frequency response. JBL developed proprietary algorithms which give our PT Waveguides the best performance in all three areas.
JRX100 doesn't scrimp on the hardware either. All the JRX models use tough, non-resonant all-steel handles with big, beefy bars. And the entire baffle (not just the woofer) is protected by an 18 gauge steel grille.
All woofers and compression drivers used in JRX100 are manufactured in Northridge, California by JBL Professional.
Competitive systems typically use particle board construction and rely entirely on glue to hold it together. For JRX100, we selected a more rugged and acoustically superior 3/4" MDF material for the enclosures. And to make sure they stay together, we constructed them with advanced adhesives and closely spaced mechanical fasteners. Not only are the cabinets rugged, but the denser enclosure walls are more riged, delivering better low end as a result
Feedback, dropped microphones, pushing the amps into clipping - all these things can quickly destroy even the best high-frequency drivers. That's why JBL JRX100 speakers include SonicGuard protection. SonicGuard circuitry absorbs excess energy without interrupting the performance. No circuit breakers to reset, no fuses to replace and no "poly-switches" to degrade sound quality.
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 38 Hz - 16 kHz
- Frequency Response (±3 dB): 50 Hz - 12.5 kHz
- Sensitivity (1w/1m): 98 dB SPL
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- * Power Capacity: 250 watts
- * Peak Power Capacity: 1000 watts
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 250 watts to 500 watts into 8 ohms
- Maximum SPL: 128 dB
- Nominal Dispersion: 90º x 50º
- Crossover Frequency: 1.6 kHz
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 699 mm x 460 mm x 432 mm (27.5 in x 18.1 in x 17 in)
- Weight: 27.4 kg (61 lbs)
- High Frequency Driver: JBL 2412 1" exit compression driver mounted on Progressive Transition Waveguide
- Low Frequency Driver: JBL M115-8A
- Input Connectors: Neutrik® Speakon® NL-4 (x1); ¼" TS phone jack (x1); parallel
* "Power Capacity" and "Peak Power Capacity" ratings are based on the average and peak power capacity of product samples subjected to a 100 hour power test using random noise with a 6 dB crest factor, in accordance with IEC standards.