4.0 out of 5 stars JBL N28, April 11, 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: JBL N28 Northridge Series Bookshelf Speakers (Black Ash) (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
I have had a pair of these for several months. I bought them after comparasion with several other slightly more expensive brands and am reasonably pleased. In this price bracket JBL have tended to be somewhat "bright" sounding, but I was pleasantly surprised by how warm these units sounded compared side by side with other products. The bass is tight and not overstated or "boxy" which is often a problem with cabinets this size, and the metalic tweeter is crisp and sounds wonderful on rock tracks although is a little harsh on classical strings. For the money I think these are excellent value and well worth serious consideration.

5.0 out of 5 stars JBL Does It Again, November 3, 2000
By A Customer
These speakers rock. I've been listening thoroughly to the entire JBL line of speakers and these are the best value for the money by far. I was contemplating going with the Studio series line but the N28's sounded easily as good if not better. I use these speakers as fronts and the N24's as rears. The neighbors are not to pleased though. Apparently the bass is a little much for them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Compromise Speakers, January 19, 2008
I have had these speakers for several years acting as the two front speakers in my home theter setup and thus as my primary stereo speakers for music. I am thoroughly impressed with their performance in my Manhattan apartment. I am now moving to the burbs and would love to see these speakers mount on the wall next to my 52 inch LCD. Does anyone have thoughts on a wallmount that can handle speakers that are 12 inches wide and weigh 22 pounds each?

Strengths:
Sound and bass response. Perfect compromise btw size and performance

Weaknesses:
These are compromise speakers between a bookshelf that would deliver no bass and a floorstanding that would take up too much space.

5.0 out of 5 stars These speakers rock!!!, October 2, 2003
M. Nardi (Belleville, IL) - See all my reviews
I bought these speakers around June and have had them for about 5 months and after breaking them in...which didn't take long at all, these will boost whavter home theater system you have. I used them as my rears for my 5.1 system over the summer and you could hear every bullet wizzing by in the Matrix when Neo is shooting out of the hellicopter. Now in school my dorm room cant handle my full 5.1 system and ihave these as my fronts, and again, they rock. the bass is amazing. my whole floor can hear whatever i want to play...weather they like it or not. great speakers highly recomended

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, January 13, 2004
By A Customer
Loud and proud. I've been using these for about a year and I've had no problems. Mached with N24IIs they make a great sound system. Although, it seems that I am the only one in the neighborhood who enjoys having them around.