on February 22, 2013
The bad - 1) Very small sound
2) Sound performance is even worse at high volume
3) Premium price compared to buying the black model which is readily available at several places for $99.
4) Most importantly the plug fits the European/International style outlets only and does not include a cord that works in a standard US outlet.
5) JBL customer service does not offer the cord stating the device "is still too new to be included in their parts department"
The good - 1) Attractive little device.
2) Shipping was much faster than they estimated.
3) Can probably get an aftermarket cord from a store such as Radio Shack (and add on to your already steep investment)
My advice, wait a few months to see what other "lightning adapter" docks hit the market from JBL's competitors, or, get the black one if you absolutely cant wait. In my opinion JBL rushed this product to the market hoping to sell alot of units by being the first to offer a dock with a lightning pin connector.
on March 11, 2013
I paid $100.00 for the black. still a little pricey.
I was affraid this little speaker wasn't going to put out the sound I wanted outdoors. I can't tell you how surprised I was when I 1st hurd it. Music is clear and full, not to mention the base! wow, what an AWSOME sound!
this speaker is small and well built.There are 3 ways to connect to it w/ Iphone 5. I had no problem w/ the lightning plug w/ my cover on! I will add that a wireless connection would be nice.
I would also like to mention another complaint I read was this device shutting off while listening to radio Apps. I've been listening to pandora for about 6 hrs w/out it shutting off. I think that issue might be w/ low battery power. I don't know yet, but i'll make sure to have extra batteries charged when I'm ready to use it outdoors. That said I'll have to remember it is nice knowing while plugged into the wall the Phone is charging but it won't charge on battery power, draing the batteries on both the Phone and Speaker.
In closing I will say this Speaker has an AWSOME sound for the size and money!!
As for the complaints I've read about I can only say you get what you pay for! The sound was #1 issue for me and it delivered!
on March 4, 2013
I did not realize when I placed the order that this speaker was coming from the U.K. and, thus, did not contain the appropriate plug for USA standards. I wish something has been mentioned in the description of this product. Now, I will have to pay for shipment back to the U.K.