4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Headphones!
Published on July 6, 2012 by Katie

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Sound with an ouch!
I bought these headphones as a gift for my wife. She loves them and they are exactly what she wanted. A few things to keep in mind...

1. These are On-the-Ear headphones. They don't fit over your ears. It is a little unusual but not a problem
Published on October 21, 2012 by P. E. Raney

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Headphones!, July 6, 2012
This review is from: JBL TMG81W Tim McGraw Series On-Ear Headphones (Electronics)
The sound quality with these headphones is great, especially if you don't wanna cough up tons of money for beats or bose headphones. I also love the white/tan color, they look great and are very unique. After a while, they do start to pinch a bit, but for me it isn't a major issue, especially compared to the sound quality. I don't really have the issue with taking them off constantly, I guess it just depends on your head. They do clamp tightly, but otherwise they would fall off and wouldn't have the same sound quality. It's a fair trade off, so it's up to personal preference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Headphones!, July 11, 2012
I love these headphones! They sound great. Not as loud as my old ones,but my old ones didn't sound this good. A little tight on my head. But I guess that helps block out noise. Buy these!!! You won't be disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Sound with an ouch!, October 21, 2012

2. They squeeze your head. They are too tight and my wife has a small head. I can not imagine that Tim McGraw actually wears them.

We are going with 3 stars on the product as well. They look good and sound great but they provide too much pressure to be comfortable for long periods of time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sounds AMAZING!!! Hurts Ears & Head :(, July 3, 2012
I was looking for a pair of headphones at Walmart and narrowed it down between these (Tim McGraws), The Dre Beats, & a cheaper $30 Sony Headphones.... I wanted the Dre beats the most, but really didn't feel like paying $300, so i got the Tim McGraws (white, because they matched my new white/gold Kobe's perfectly haha) ... The sound and quality is amazing! perfect amount of bass while still maximizing the trebles & the highs. Actually, i really really love how music sounds playing through these headphones. However, they hurt my head & my ears! Just sitting at my computer listening to music, I have to take them off every 10 minutes and rub behind my ears and my head. The weird part is, they are really comfortable when i first put them on my head, only after 10-15 minutes do they start to cause pain & discomfort. It's soo annoying i took the time to make this review. I want to take them back but i cannot find the receipt. Does walmart take back stuff without the receipt if i still have the box and everything??? So anyway, as far as sound & quality, these are perfect, they just hurt my head really really bad :/

5.0 out of 5 stars Sounds excellent. Price was good, September 9, 2014
Sounds excellent. Price was good. I will update after some experience with it. So far I don't get the negative reviews but I do appreciate them.
A JBL headphone for this price is a bargain. I am very careful with the bending of the plastic as the reviews admonished. The headphone is nice and light and somehow would not be a good gift for a big football player or construction worker. I'll bet it'll be a great gift for one of my granddaughters. Snug fit but nice ergonomics otherwise.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Headphones ever!, October 31, 2012
I have an average size head and they fit snugly, which is fine: except that every time I would put them on they would creak. I dropped them from my lap once and the cheap plastic broke. I super-glued the break and they broke in another place. Their mascot should be a little bird saying, "Cheap Cheap."

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor materials., June 4, 2014
Even worse customer service. I attempted to contact JBL customer service and was unable resolve my issue because the agent was unable look up the serial number to headphones. JBL didn't print the model number on the headphones. As many others noted the plastic used was terrible. If I was Tim McGraw I would be upset my name was printed on a low quality product. The sound quality is good but the phones require more output to drive them at a loud than my phone of Nexus tablet provide. I will never buy another JBL product again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Yee haw, February 24, 2014
All you get is one star for making me write a essay for this review were is the multiple choice answers

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Plastic, September 6, 2013
These plastic holding the two sides together broke on me after just a few uses. It is just two strips - each about 1/4 inch wide with cloth between it.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, September 8, 2014
Very cheap build quality but good sound so yeah break withing an hour for any avid user of headphones

JBL TMG81W Tim McGraw Series On-Ear Headphones