Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: JC Toys La Baby 11-inch Washable Soft Body Caucasian Play Doll For Children
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Style Name: Caucasian|Change

on August 15, 2011
It was a very very long and superfun process to choose my baby's first doll. its really difficult to stop once you get started :) me and my sister were totally addicted to looking at dolls for a couple days. my daughter is 9 months old and just started showing an interest in our neighbor's doll so i thought it would be fun to get her one of her own. it is seriously AMAZING how many dolls there are out there (on the web..surprisingly few here in stores in korea). So i have looked at dolls ranging from tiny to huge, cheap to oh.my.gosh.expensive, and i decided on this one because for one, i really like the berengue designs of baby faces...for the most part they are all beautiful. i read all the reviews on these JC dolls and i accepted all the cons, because for the price, and face i figured it was worth it. Also, maybe when she is really into 'being mommy' to dolls (whatever age that happens), that is when i'll buy her a super nice, expensive one, but for now, and for her size, this one is absolutely perfect. and i think like some other people i am going to get all of the different dolls in this line :)

ok, here's a comprehensive;

pros:
1.perfectly beautiful face and the hair is molded (super cute) which you cant see in the picture because of the hat. And its not like those dolls that have caucasian faces and hair painted brown. The eyes DO NOT open and close (which is definitely what i wanted because they always end up breaking and looking totally psycho and terrifying)
2. cute hands and feet (she can suck her thumb, but not as well as some dolls that are made to do that)and (my husband added this pro)the baby likes to chew on these cute little appendages.
3. cute, soft (light weight) brown cloth body (you can pose her to sit down if you do it carefully)
4. this doll is very small. some people didnt like that it is smaller than 11" and i think they shouldnt advertise it as such, because yeah, it definitely seems like 9 inches at the most. but this is a pro on my list because my daughter is so young, its the perfect size for her. And, it fit in the care-package that my sister sent to us quite easily with alot of other stuff.
5. it was delivered very quickly. took only a couple days to NC!

cons: ((all of which i expected from reading the reviews))
1. everyone agrees on this; the clothes are disgustingly cheap. nasty. yuck. there are not enough words to describe the grossness of this little outfit. BUT i just took them off immediately and the body is cute, so it is fine naked. Also, eventually i will sew a little dress or jumper for it and a matching one for my daughter.
2. the smell...really, to me is not that bad. i think maybe they could have made it a tad lighter (this one seems to have a rose-like perfume) but yes, it is a bit chemically, but i certainly wouldnt say it destroys the dolls charm. i actually wouldnt even put this as a con if other people hadnt disliked it so much. i really like the cabbage-patch dolls smell from when i was little but this is not like that smell :)
3. the doll comes with a HUGE tag on its body that you have to cut off verrrry carefully in order for it not to scratch your kid or cut the dolls body :)
4. the body is lightweight. the corolle dolls have a weighted body (beanbag bum) or something like that :) which feels like a higher quality, but for me, i knew what i was getting, and i got exactly what was paid for (in a good way:)
33 comments|88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 14, 2013
I ordered two of these dolls for our preschool. I chose these because of the small size, soft bodies, and adorable faces. We needed more dolls that were not blue eyed. Our kids are all different and our dolls need to be different too.
These dolls are huggable and washable. We wash them in the washing machine every day and they come out looking like new. All the kids like these dolls, but they are a very big hit with our toddlers. The small size is perfect for little hands.

2 years later...check out the pics!
I love these dolls!!!
We use them 6 days a week and wash them everyday in the washing machine and they still look great! They are the favorites of both the children and the teachers.
I've read comments about the clothes being cheaply made. I thought they were fine, but in our preschool, the dolls rarely have clothes on and I haven't seen the clothes in a while. Most of the kids want a doll and a blanket to wrap them in.
If you want an adorable, well made, long lasting, easy to clean doll, GET ONE OF THESE!
I have purchased more of these to put into Christmas shoe boxes to send overseas and these fit great with room for other small odds and ends.
I will buy more of these dolls as needed for the preschool.
review image review image review image
on December 14, 2011
I purchased this for my daughter after bringing our newborn son home.

I also purchased 2 other baby dolls for her.

Their links to their amazon page are below.

I originally was looking for anatomically correct dolls, and this one is NOT but it is VERY realistic looking in the face and hands.

This doll is small as is stated in the product description. My daughter was 1 1/2 when I bought it and this was a good size for her at that age. If she was older I would have purchased a larger sized doll.

She plays with this one and one other listed below a lot since their body is softer and she can snuggle with them. The one that is anatomically correct is all ridgid vinyl and she does not play with it hardly at all.

The other dolls I purchased are: JC Toys Mini La Newborn Real Boy Caucasian - Assorted Faces This one is all vinyl (more ridgid, anatomically correct) and JC Toys La Baby- Hispanic (Colors May Vary)(This one has a soft body)

I also purchased a childsized ergo carrier so when I am carrying around my newborn, our daughter carrys around her baby too. Ergo Baby Doll Carrier - Galaxy Grey

Overall if you are looking more for a doll your child will play with perhaps more so, but not really looking for the anatomy to be correct, then this one is good.

All of them have very real looking faces and are on the smaller size.
on May 5, 2011
I order this on Tuesday and today is Thursday....and its here! Mine was the girl hispanic with a gorgeous pink and peach w/ small flowers as her attire. I have put up a picture in case anyone wants to see what the girl version of this adorable doll looks like. I also have the Asian and African version of these dolls. A great collection!
review image
44 comments|50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 25, 2011
We live in Wonju, South Korea right now, and my mom sent us this baby in the mail a few months ago (we got the whole set for my one year old daughter:)This one is definitely my second favorite (after the African American one) It has a reeeally cute face which actually looks alot like Korean babies! All of my mommy friends here gasp when they see it and ask me where i got it :) because sadly, they rarely sell 'Asian-looking' dolls in Asia :( tut. tut. tut. Seriously, in the markets, all the dolls are Caucasian. Anyway, this doll is sweet and beautiful with a little bit of a smile on it's face. My son named it Jang-Mi which means Rose, because that's what she looks like to him :)Oh, and unlike the African American and Hispanic dolls, who have light brown bodies, this one has a white cloth body. They all have the same shaped/positioned hands and feet. I will post pictures later!! Oh, also i forgot to say that, even though we call her Korean because we are in Korea, i asked my friends here and all of them said that they wouldn't be able to tell whether it was Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Mongolian, etc. :)
44 comments|33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 18, 2011
I ordered a boy, they sent me a girl. It doesn't matter too much to me but I would imagine that for some families it does, particularly if, like me, you are buying this to help an older child get ready for a new baby sister or brother. I think they should sort this out.
on December 14, 2011
Non anatomically correct (but fun for toddler) doll, December 14, 2011

I purchased this for my daughter after bringing our newborn son home.

I received a GIRL doll, not a boy.

It does say colors may vary and this is what they mean aka male or female may vary.

I also purchased 2 other baby dolls for my daughter off amazon.

Their links to their amazon page are below.

The other dolls I purchased are: JC Toys Mini La Newborn Real Boy Caucasian - Assorted Faces This one is all vinyl (more ridgid, anatomically correct) and JC Toys La Baby - Colors May Vary (Blue, Pink, Purple)(This one has a soft body)

All of them have very real looking faces and are on the smaller size.
on March 30, 2011
My 2 year old has many dolls (including the corelle tidoo) but this is by far her favorite. It is the perfect size and looks like a real baby, and there is plenty of room for imagination for years to come. We ended up getting her all versions (each ethnicity) to help her be "culturally aware." For the price you can't get a better doll. The only possible con is that the doll is scented. It doesn't bother my daughter or me but someone sensitive to smells may be bothered by it.
on September 20, 2015
Well, Good soft toy for small children. The best thing about this product is that it comes in various entnicity. Cost is less. It does not have any functionlity as children does expect. I gifted this to my li'l cousins and they loved it. I sent it to India and there was some problem at delivery by Amazon took complete care of it. Thanks
on August 14, 2015
Daughter loves her baby but she is smaller than I expected. She's the one in the middle but expected more like the one on the left. Daughter doesn't care though.