Most helpful positive review
55 of 57 people found the following review helpful
i like this doll :)
on August 15, 2011
It was a very very long and superfun process to choose my baby's first doll. its really difficult to stop once you get started :) me and my sister were totally addicted to looking at dolls for a couple days. my daughter is 9 months old and just started showing an interest in our neighbor's doll so i thought it would be fun to get her one of her own. it is seriously AMAZING how many dolls there are out there (on the web..surprisingly few here in stores in korea). So i have looked at dolls ranging from tiny to huge, cheap to oh.my.gosh.expensive, and i decided on this one because for one, i really like the berengue designs of baby faces...for the most part they are all beautiful. i read all the reviews on these JC dolls and i accepted all the cons, because for the price, and face i figured it was worth it. Also, maybe when she is really into 'being mommy' to dolls (whatever age that happens), that is when i'll buy her a super nice, expensive one, but for now, and for her size, this one is absolutely perfect. and i think like some other people i am going to get all of the different dolls in this line :)
ok, here's a comprehensive;
1.perfectly beautiful face and the hair is molded (super cute) which you cant see in the picture because of the hat. And its not like those dolls that have caucasian faces and hair painted brown. The eyes DO NOT open and close (which is definitely what i wanted because they always end up breaking and looking totally psycho and terrifying)
2. cute hands and feet (she can suck her thumb, but not as well as some dolls that are made to do that)and (my husband added this pro)the baby likes to chew on these cute little appendages.
3. cute, soft (light weight) brown cloth body (you can pose her to sit down if you do it carefully)
4. this doll is very small. some people didnt like that it is smaller than 11" and i think they shouldnt advertise it as such, because yeah, it definitely seems like 9 inches at the most. but this is a pro on my list because my daughter is so young, its the perfect size for her. And, it fit in the care-package that my sister sent to us quite easily with alot of other stuff.
5. it was delivered very quickly. took only a couple days to NC!
cons: ((all of which i expected from reading the reviews))
1. everyone agrees on this; the clothes are disgustingly cheap. nasty. yuck. there are not enough words to describe the grossness of this little outfit. BUT i just took them off immediately and the body is cute, so it is fine naked. Also, eventually i will sew a little dress or jumper for it and a matching one for my daughter.
2. the smell...really, to me is not that bad. i think maybe they could have made it a tad lighter (this one seems to have a rose-like perfume) but yes, it is a bit chemically, but i certainly wouldnt say it destroys the dolls charm. i actually wouldnt even put this as a con if other people hadnt disliked it so much. i really like the cabbage-patch dolls smell from when i was little but this is not like that smell :)
3. the doll comes with a HUGE tag on its body that you have to cut off verrrry carefully in order for it not to scratch your kid or cut the dolls body :)
4. the body is lightweight. the corolle dolls have a weighted body (beanbag bum) or something like that :) which feels like a higher quality, but for me, i knew what i was getting, and i got exactly what was paid for (in a good way:)