Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation STEM Toys & Games

JC Toys, La Baby 11-inch Washable Soft Body Play Doll For Children 18 months  Or Older, Designed by Berenguer
Style Name: CaucasianProduct Packaging: Standard PackagingChange
Price:$10.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on August 15, 2011
It was a very very long and superfun process to choose my baby's first doll. its really difficult to stop once you get started :) me and my sister were totally addicted to looking at dolls for a couple days. my daughter is 9 months old and just started showing an interest in our neighbor's doll so i thought it would be fun to get her one of her own. it is seriously AMAZING how many dolls there are out there (on the web..surprisingly few here in stores in korea). So i have looked at dolls ranging from tiny to huge, cheap to oh.my.gosh.expensive, and i decided on this one because for one, i really like the berengue designs of baby faces...for the most part they are all beautiful. i read all the reviews on these JC dolls and i accepted all the cons, because for the price, and face i figured it was worth it. Also, maybe when she is really into 'being mommy' to dolls (whatever age that happens), that is when i'll buy her a super nice, expensive one, but for now, and for her size, this one is absolutely perfect. and i think like some other people i am going to get all of the different dolls in this line :)

ok, here's a comprehensive;

pros:
1.perfectly beautiful face and the hair is molded (super cute) which you cant see in the picture because of the hat. And its not like those dolls that have caucasian faces and hair painted brown. The eyes DO NOT open and close (which is definitely what i wanted because they always end up breaking and looking totally psycho and terrifying)
2. cute hands and feet (she can suck her thumb, but not as well as some dolls that are made to do that)and (my husband added this pro)the baby likes to chew on these cute little appendages.
3. cute, soft (light weight) brown cloth body (you can pose her to sit down if you do it carefully)
4. this doll is very small. some people didnt like that it is smaller than 11" and i think they shouldnt advertise it as such, because yeah, it definitely seems like 9 inches at the most. but this is a pro on my list because my daughter is so young, its the perfect size for her. And, it fit in the care-package that my sister sent to us quite easily with alot of other stuff.
5. it was delivered very quickly. took only a couple days to NC!

cons: ((all of which i expected from reading the reviews))
1. everyone agrees on this; the clothes are disgustingly cheap. nasty. yuck. there are not enough words to describe the grossness of this little outfit. BUT i just took them off immediately and the body is cute, so it is fine naked. Also, eventually i will sew a little dress or jumper for it and a matching one for my daughter.
2. the smell...really, to me is not that bad. i think maybe they could have made it a tad lighter (this one seems to have a rose-like perfume) but yes, it is a bit chemically, but i certainly wouldnt say it destroys the dolls charm. i actually wouldnt even put this as a con if other people hadnt disliked it so much. i really like the cabbage-patch dolls smell from when i was little but this is not like that smell :)
3. the doll comes with a HUGE tag on its body that you have to cut off verrrry carefully in order for it not to scratch your kid or cut the dolls body :)
4. the body is lightweight. the corolle dolls have a weighted body (beanbag bum) or something like that :) which feels like a higher quality, but for me, i knew what i was getting, and i got exactly what was paid for (in a good way:)
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 14, 2011
I purchased this for my daughter after bringing our newborn son home.

I also purchased 2 other baby dolls for her.

Their links to their amazon page are below.

I originally was looking for anatomically correct dolls, and this one is NOT but it is VERY realistic looking in the face and hands.

This doll is small as is stated in the product description. My daughter was 1 1/2 when I bought it and this was a good size for her at that age. If she was older I would have purchased a larger sized doll.

She plays with this one and one other listed below a lot since their body is softer and she can snuggle with them. The one that is anatomically correct is all ridgid vinyl and she does not play with it hardly at all.

The other dolls I purchased are: JC Toys Mini La Newborn Real Boy Caucasian - Assorted Faces This one is all vinyl (more ridgid, anatomically correct) and JC Toys La Baby- Hispanic (Colors May Vary)(This one has a soft body)

I also purchased a childsized ergo carrier so when I am carrying around my newborn, our daughter carrys around her baby too. Ergo Baby Doll Carrier - Galaxy Grey

Overall if you are looking more for a doll your child will play with perhaps more so, but not really looking for the anatomy to be correct, then this one is good.

All of them have very real looking faces and are on the smaller size.
on May 5, 2011
I order this on Tuesday and today is Thursday....and its here! Mine was the girl hispanic with a gorgeous pink and peach w/ small flowers as her attire. I have put up a picture in case anyone wants to see what the girl version of this adorable doll looks like. I also have the Asian and African version of these dolls. A great collection!
review image
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 25, 2011
We live in Wonju, South Korea right now, and my mom sent us this baby in the mail a few months ago (we got the whole set for my one year old daughter:)This one is definitely my second favorite (after the African American one) It has a reeeally cute face which actually looks alot like Korean babies! All of my mommy friends here gasp when they see it and ask me where i got it :) because sadly, they rarely sell 'Asian-looking' dolls in Asia :( tut. tut. tut. Seriously, in the markets, all the dolls are Caucasian. Anyway, this doll is sweet and beautiful with a little bit of a smile on it's face. My son named it Jang-Mi which means Rose, because that's what she looks like to him :)Oh, and unlike the African American and Hispanic dolls, who have light brown bodies, this one has a white cloth body. They all have the same shaped/positioned hands and feet. I will post pictures later!! Oh, also i forgot to say that, even though we call her Korean because we are in Korea, i asked my friends here and all of them said that they wouldn't be able to tell whether it was Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Mongolian, etc. :)
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 30, 2011
My 2 year old has many dolls (including the corelle tidoo) but this is by far her favorite. It is the perfect size and looks like a real baby, and there is plenty of room for imagination for years to come. We ended up getting her all versions (each ethnicity) to help her be "culturally aware." For the price you can't get a better doll. The only possible con is that the doll is scented. It doesn't bother my daughter or me but someone sensitive to smells may be bothered by it.
on December 14, 2011
Non anatomically correct (but fun for toddler) doll, December 14, 2011

I purchased this for my daughter after bringing our newborn son home.

I received a GIRL doll, not a boy.

It does say colors may vary and this is what they mean aka male or female may vary.

I also purchased 2 other baby dolls for my daughter off amazon.

Their links to their amazon page are below.

The other dolls I purchased are: JC Toys Mini La Newborn Real Boy Caucasian - Assorted Faces This one is all vinyl (more ridgid, anatomically correct) and JC Toys La Baby - Colors May Vary (Blue, Pink, Purple)(This one has a soft body)

All of them have very real looking faces and are on the smaller size.
on June 18, 2011
I ordered a boy, they sent me a girl. It doesn't matter too much to me but I would imagine that for some families it does, particularly if, like me, you are buying this to help an older child get ready for a new baby sister or brother. I think they should sort this out.
on July 19, 2010
I really like this doll. It seems well made and the doll itself and the clothing and accessories are very cute. My only issue is the fabric that the clothing is made out of is the cheapest, yuckiest fabric there is. It has a very McDonald's Happy Meal toy feel to it. I can't even stand to touch it, so the doll has been naked basically since we got her, which is no big deal since the dolls at our house are usually in that state anyway. It does seem kind of a shame though--they should have paid a few extra dollars to buy a better fabric.
on November 16, 2011
My daughter has this doll among many others and this is one of her favorites. It has molded curly hair under her hat. She is light weight and cleans up wonderfully if she ever needs to be washed in the washing machine. The only thing I feel could be improved on is the fabric her clothes are made of, it is not the softest but it is durable and it lasts! My child likes this one so much I put the Asian and Hispanic babies on her Christmas wish list. This doll is a wonderful and affordable little doll and will be one that can be toted easily everywhere your child goes. I wish you could pick the outfit color on Amazon like you can on JC Toys site but you can't beat the free shipping here.
on January 10, 2012
My 2-year old granddaughter is of Asian descent, and getting into carrying around and 'mothering' baby dolls. So I wanted to find an age-appropriate doll with some Asian features. This one fit the bill perfectly. I can't speak as to the durability of the doll, but she's carried it around and 'mothered' it as only a 2=year old can most every day since Christmas. So far, so good ;) The gift was a hit with her; what more could a Grandma want?