on August 15, 2011
It was a very very long and superfun process to choose my baby's first doll. its really difficult to stop once you get started :) me and my sister were totally addicted to looking at dolls for a couple days. my daughter is 9 months old and just started showing an interest in our neighbor's doll so i thought it would be fun to get her one of her own. it is seriously AMAZING how many dolls there are out there (on the web..surprisingly few here in stores in korea). So i have looked at dolls ranging from tiny to huge, cheap to oh.my.gosh.expensive, and i decided on this one because for one, i really like the berengue designs of baby faces...for the most part they are all beautiful. i read all the reviews on these JC dolls and i accepted all the cons, because for the price, and face i figured it was worth it. Also, maybe when she is really into 'being mommy' to dolls (whatever age that happens), that is when i'll buy her a super nice, expensive one, but for now, and for her size, this one is absolutely perfect. and i think like some other people i am going to get all of the different dolls in this line :)
ok, here's a comprehensive;
1.perfectly beautiful face and the hair is molded (super cute) which you cant see in the picture because of the hat. And its not like those dolls that have caucasian faces and hair painted brown. The eyes DO NOT open and close (which is definitely what i wanted because they always end up breaking and looking totally psycho and terrifying)
2. cute hands and feet (she can suck her thumb, but not as well as some dolls that are made to do that)and (my husband added this pro)the baby likes to chew on these cute little appendages.
3. cute, soft (light weight) brown cloth body (you can pose her to sit down if you do it carefully)
4. this doll is very small. some people didnt like that it is smaller than 11" and i think they shouldnt advertise it as such, because yeah, it definitely seems like 9 inches at the most. but this is a pro on my list because my daughter is so young, its the perfect size for her. And, it fit in the care-package that my sister sent to us quite easily with alot of other stuff.
5. it was delivered very quickly. took only a couple days to NC!
cons: ((all of which i expected from reading the reviews))
1. everyone agrees on this; the clothes are disgustingly cheap. nasty. yuck. there are not enough words to describe the grossness of this little outfit. BUT i just took them off immediately and the body is cute, so it is fine naked. Also, eventually i will sew a little dress or jumper for it and a matching one for my daughter.
2. the smell...really, to me is not that bad. i think maybe they could have made it a tad lighter (this one seems to have a rose-like perfume) but yes, it is a bit chemically, but i certainly wouldnt say it destroys the dolls charm. i actually wouldnt even put this as a con if other people hadnt disliked it so much. i really like the cabbage-patch dolls smell from when i was little but this is not like that smell :)
3. the doll comes with a HUGE tag on its body that you have to cut off verrrry carefully in order for it not to scratch your kid or cut the dolls body :)
4. the body is lightweight. the corolle dolls have a weighted body (beanbag bum) or something like that :) which feels like a higher quality, but for me, i knew what i was getting, and i got exactly what was paid for (in a good way:)
on April 14, 2013
I ordered two of these dolls for our preschool. I chose these because of the small size, soft bodies, and adorable faces. We needed more dolls that were not blue eyed. Our kids are all different and our dolls need to be different too.
These dolls are huggable and washable. We wash them in the washing machine every day and they come out looking like new. All the kids like these dolls, but they are a very big hit with our toddlers. The small size is perfect for little hands.
2 years later...check out the pics!
I love these dolls!!!
We use them 6 days a week and wash them everyday in the washing machine and they still look great! They are the favorites of both the children and the teachers.
I've read comments about the clothes being cheaply made. I thought they were fine, but in our preschool, the dolls rarely have clothes on and I haven't seen the clothes in a while. Most of the kids want a doll and a blanket to wrap them in.
If you want an adorable, well made, long lasting, easy to clean doll, GET ONE OF THESE!
I have purchased more of these to put into Christmas shoe boxes to send overseas and these fit great with room for other small odds and ends.
I will buy more of these dolls as needed for the preschool.
on November 25, 2011
We live in Wonju, South Korea right now, and my mom sent us this baby in the mail a few months ago (we got the whole set for my one year old daughter:)This one is definitely my second favorite (after the African American one) It has a reeeally cute face which actually looks alot like Korean babies! All of my mommy friends here gasp when they see it and ask me where i got it :) because sadly, they rarely sell 'Asian-looking' dolls in Asia :( tut. tut. tut. Seriously, in the markets, all the dolls are Caucasian. Anyway, this doll is sweet and beautiful with a little bit of a smile on it's face. My son named it Jang-Mi which means Rose, because that's what she looks like to him :)Oh, and unlike the African American and Hispanic dolls, who have light brown bodies, this one has a white cloth body. They all have the same shaped/positioned hands and feet. I will post pictures later!! Oh, also i forgot to say that, even though we call her Korean because we are in Korea, i asked my friends here and all of them said that they wouldn't be able to tell whether it was Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Mongolian, etc. :)
on June 18, 2011
I ordered a boy, they sent me a girl. It doesn't matter too much to me but I would imagine that for some families it does, particularly if, like me, you are buying this to help an older child get ready for a new baby sister or brother. I think they should sort this out.
on September 20, 2015
Well, Good soft toy for small children. The best thing about this product is that it comes in various entnicity. Cost is less. It does not have any functionlity as children does expect. I gifted this to my li'l cousins and they loved it. I sent it to India and there was some problem at delivery by Amazon took complete care of it. Thanks
on August 26, 2011
I bought this doll for a small child in my life, and I must admit I fell in love with it myself! It is small in scope, but a perfect size for young ones. As a child, what I remember most about dolls (and what I hated) was that blank stare with those crazy rolling eyes (perhaps you can tell I wasn't much of a fan of dolls as a child? Lol) This doll seems to have some life to her. I love the sweetness of her facial expression. Her eyes do not roll! They appear to look up or directly at you depending on how she is posed. I like her soft little body, which makes for easy snuggling. And I find it adorable that she comes with her own bunny blanky. Her features are rendered in some detail -- from the pouty lips to curly "hair" (no fake wig-like hair, just etching on the plastic head) to soft, delicate fingers. I wasn't bothered by the smell that others talked about. Overall I'm happy with this purchase.