Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 13, 2013
Received this boot a few days ago, and really have enjoyed wearing them. They look great with jeans! I bought them a 1/2 size smaller than usual, based off a previous review, and they fit well. Initally was a little narrow on my right foot, so be careful if your feet are wide. The boot has a large shaft that allows ease of entry and exit. It is a comfortable boot that gets attention.
on July 21, 2013
This is the first pair of JD Fisk shoes I've purchased and I'm not at all disapointed. As a considerably "brand loyal" shopper I was hesitant to shop outside my normal Caterpillar, Timberland & Ralph Lauren footwear circle but the JD Fisk line has some really nice shoes. These shoes are right up my alley as they're two-toned, genuine and I mean *genuine* leather and offer a look I'm pretty fond of in the side-zip ankle boot. Some of the other reviewers pointed out that these are on the narrow side and others stated these are about a 1/2 size longer. Both opinions are correct, however as a flat-footed shoe shopper, that laterally stretches every shoe he wears, I can tell you that these are far from being the tortureous tubes that some other reviews would have us believe. As for the "extra length" it appears like the sizing is off but truthfully one has to understand that the design gives them a tapered front meaning that there's about 1/2-inch of TIP not actual shoe. I've only worn them a total of about 12-15 hours so far and so I'm hesitant to give that 5'th star until they're broken in & have more mileage. I got an great deal on the blk/charcoal color combo but even at the regular $97 I would have been content simply because of the look & real leather. If these hold up, I'll be adding JD Fisk to my footwear buying catalog.
on January 14, 2013
Definatley order one size smaller than your regular shoe size. I did and they fit perfectly. You will love these. Comfortable, all leather. I purchased them because they had a two tone look to them which makes them versitile and have a high end look and feel. I am already looking for another style JD Fisk Boots to buy!
on October 30, 2013
Fisk makes unusual shoes that are hard to find in other brands. Unfortunately, as all reviewers have noted, they are based on a big last. Ordered the size 8, which fits me most of the time and found the boots way too big...closer to a 9 or 9.5. Fisk does not make anything less than an 8 so those of us with smaller feet have to look for other alternatives. Amazon was very kind about the return, so if you think you are close...it is worth the "try it on" trouble.
on September 8, 2013
I like the look of this boot, it looks little more western when it is actually on your foot. Construction looks solid, although the big shiny zipper is a bit cheap looking. The zipper also rubs the inside of my ankle; after about 8 hours this gets mildly uncomfortable.

Like the other reviewers said, this boot does run large so order a size or 1/2 size smaller than you usually wear. I ordered a half size smaller which was still a bit too big. I inserted a thick insole and the boot fits pretty tight now.

It's nothing amazing, but this is a pretty solid, decent looking boot for the price.
on July 22, 2013
All the reviews saying to buy a pair with a size smaller than normal are definitely correct. I wear a size 8, but since there's no 7, I took the risk and got them anyways. They were way too loose and felt more like I was wearing a pair of flip flops.

Besides that, I couldn't get over the fact that they looked kind of like a woman's boot. If I were to get a pair of boots like this again, it wouldn't be the just over the ankle style.
on November 24, 2012
These boots go well with jeans and casual pants. All leather product "hecho en Mexico" and they are well made and comfortable out of the box. Takes a day or two for leather smell to subside and they run a little large. I found a matching belt by Dickie on Amazon. I will order from JD again.
on December 12, 2013
Like the other reviewers said, this boot does run large so order a 1/2 size or 1 size smaller than you usually wear. I ordered my usual size 10 which was still a bit too big. I inserted a thick insole and the boot fits pretty tight now.

Decent quality boot for the price.
on August 23, 2013
Like some off the other reviews talk about, these shoes do run a size larger. I ordered according to their sizing chart and they still were off by a size. I had to exchange them.

I feel that the price difference between the two colors they offer is way too much - one is around $35 and the other is close to $100!

It is too early to comment on the durability as I have not had them for long.
on November 25, 2013
As I mention in my other review of the JD Fisk Grant Sneaker, JD Fisk sizes their shoes incorrectly, so you need to order a size or 1.5 sizes smaller than normal. The shoes, however, are excellent other than that. They are priced super low, are high quality, and look good. I get compliments, on their looks, and a friend confessed to me the other night that he had been wearing them on his smoke breaks, and he thought they were very comfortable. Keep in mind, I do put arch support insoles in them, but I do that with every shoe I own. If you're on the fence, they are worth it for the price.