Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 20, 2012
I purchased this product for 2 reasons.

1) This is the only range available that meets my requirements for dual fuel and downdraft (I had an older model roughly 15 yrs old prior)
2) I was relying on the quality of the Jenn air name.

Sadly to say at exactly 1 year the control panel went out on me which started to beep all the time which was fixed under warranty as it was roughly 1 week before the warranty expired. 6 months later the bottom element went out which cost me $110 to repair on my own! I feel that the quality of this product has gone down the drain. I paid over $3K for this and am sad to say that you should not purchase this unless you buy extended warranty which does reflect the quality of the product overall.

Jenn air is not what it used to be.....
on June 4, 2013
First nice stove that I ever purchased and paid a pretty penny for it....less than five years later, I am looking at over 500 dollars in repair and labor costs for a rebuilt part....the control panel. Apparently this is very common so it probably wont last long. The other issues with the fan sucking the flame away from the burner and left burners not very controllable are true. Also the door switch that connects to the fan and light went out at the same time. And it really bites that you have to pay extra to get four burners when you don't use a grill. Naively, I thought I could rely on a Jennair product. Hope the frig and dishwasher hold out, or I am screwed. I have only wiped down the panel with damp cloths.
on July 15, 2013
The previous owner had installed this range in the kitchen, undoubtedly because of the downdraft vent. Soon after we bought the house, the fairly new range broke. We couldn't turn the oven on. It turned out that the control panel needed to be replaced. We had the repairpeople come, ordered a replacement control panel, had them come back, etc. Now, several years later, it's dead again. This would be a fine range if they didn't have a control panel that renders everything useless. The Jennair designers clearly chose to focus on having a microprocessor that lets them advertise that the range has 800 programmable features, but then gave no thought to encapsulating the microprocessor in a panel that can be used in an actual kitchen or withstand the challenges of heat (in an oven?), and moisture, and being cleaned--all of which are apparently associated with killing the system. My mother had the same cheap range for 30 years and it always worked perfectly. It didn't speak French, like this one does, but her oven turned on, and mine doesn't. I'll take that over the French Sabbath-override-high altitude-convection autoadjust delay feature any day.
on April 11, 2013
I purchased the Jenn Air JDA9865BDP from Lowe's approximately 2 years ago. The range worked fine for about 3 months and the problems began. The knobs are made cheaply with the black plastic parts being melted onto brushed steel faceplates. The two different materials will never stay bonded. While speaking with a customer service rep. they offered to replace then knobs at a cost of $24.88 per knob. Then the worst began! The entire control panel stopped working and I had to replace at a cost of over $300. That was 2 years ago. This March 2013, the control panel went again after cleaning the oven per the manufacturer's instruction. There is a meat probe for checking cooking temperatures and the probe stayed on after cleaning. A day later the whole control panel went. I want to be clear that I followed the Jenn Air's instruction and in no way caused the damage. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE BUY A JENN AIR PRODUCT. THE QUALITY IS ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. CHECK THE INTERNET FOR ALL YOUR PURCHASES FOR QUALITY ISSUES. I am currently contacting the U.S. Department of Consumer affairs.
on November 17, 2013
I bought this stove in September 2013 for $3000 and am so unhappy with it. Jenn-Air has changed the burners so every burner cannot be adjusted from low to high. Only 1 burner at the rear of the stove has a low flame. The other 3 adjust from high to medium only. For example, if you have a large stock pot full of water, to try to lift it from the one burner at the rear that is set to simmer is almost impossible. Instead, you have to drag it from the back of the stove to the front and hope you don't get burned. If you need more than 1 burner with a low flame, forget it. Whoever at Jenn-air decided that this was a good idea needs to do a little cooking so they understand why this doesn't work. I am probably going to donate the stove to Habitat for Humanity and buy something else. An incredible waste of $3000.
on December 23, 2007
I bought one of these this past year to replace the Jenn-Air that I had installed when my house was built 30 years ago. Love the gas top. The grill works great on chops in the winter. The electric oven is very precise and the convection feature works very well.
on August 1, 2013
I completely regret buying this gas range. The vent is too strong & pulls in the flames. I've had them send someone out 3 times only to be told that it's because they have a 6" duct connected to our 4" duct, that we need to go under our deck (which means taking the deck apart) to put a screw in the vent flap to stop it from opening so much???? REALLY!!!
Then I find a grease stain running down the inside of the oven door. Had to call them back to replace the door but they only sent parts to replace the windows. The service dept. does respond to problems immediately BUT the problem I have is for the price I paid I should not have any problems but I do, I have a stove with a fan that I cannot use. I wish we had just changed the venting & gone with a fan over the range. I'm totally disgusted!!! Too much money - too many problems!!!
on July 21, 2008
I bought this oven new. In less then a year the console stopped working so the oven was useless. Luckily it was under warranty because the replacement part is over $300. Less then a year later it is now broken again! This time it is not covered. Their only response why it is not working again is that it "never happens" and that it would be very bad if I'm using any sort of cleaner on the console part of the oven!!!! What!!!???? I'm still waiting on the part three weeks later. What's worse is that I rarely use this oven. Maybe only once a month except for holidays. Seriously what would happen if you need your oven all the time. Don't buy a Jenn Air! Their service is awful and it isn't worth the money you spend.

Update as of 1/11/09. The console is now broken again. Third time in less than three years.
99 comments|15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 13, 2009
Knew this wasn't comparable to a higher priced Viking or Wolf, just a gussied up Whirlpool/Maytag/Kitchenaid product. I purchased for the downdraft feature, convection oven and appearance.

It works well. Jenn Air still uses inferior materials for their cartridges in terms of them showing wear from careful use and very careful cleaning. You can't use a non-stick scrubbing pad on the cartridge or it will show scratches. (a $2,500 range--poor performance!) This was a problem with Jenn Air downdraft cartridges made 18 years ago. The oven requires a reset (power disconnect) when it's set above 400 degrees--- a software glitch, perhaps.

If I wasn't replacing a downdraft range, I would not have purchased this for more than $1300. It does cook and it does look decent, just overpriced.
on September 29, 2014
Jenn-air gas range has a consistent issue with its control board which will be damaged by the oven heat in about two to three yeas under light use. Just search "Jenn-air gas range control board problems", you'll find many complaints. One service man even said "see you in 3 to 5 years again" after the new control board installed. We had a bad luck too. The control board was replaced two years ago and now it's broken again. We are not going to spend any money to repair it because we know for sure it will break again. It's a design flaw, and it's designed to die just after the warranty. Never buy any Jenn-air gas range unless you plan to keep the oven idle forever.

See 1 answered question