The JET JDP-17MF floor drill press is a true woodworkers drill press. With 16 speeds, it lets you choose the best speed for the job. It comes equipped with a quick release crank operated worktable, work light, X-pattern mounting grooves, depth stop, and adjustable tension spindle return spring which is ideal for repetitive drilling of the same depth.
A true woodworker's drill press, the industrial-style Jet 354169 JDP-17MF 16-1/2-inch drill press offers 16 speeds, enabling you to choose the best speed for the job. It comes equipped with a quick-release, crank-operated worktable, worklight, X-pattern mounting grooves, depth stop, and adjustable tension spindle return spring--ideal for repetitive drilling of the same depth.
Industrial-style drill press for professional or serious home woodworkers (view larger
16-1/2-Inch Drill Press
At a Glance:
- 3/4-horsepower, 1 phase motor with 16 speeds
- Hinged metal belt and pulley cover provides easy access to motor mount
- Quick-release, crank-operated worktable
- Built-in work light provides additional visibility
- Five-year limited warranty
Ideal for the professional workshop, the Jet 354169 JDP-17MF 16-1/2-inch drill press spins bits up to 5/8 of an inch with 16 speeds from 200 to 3,630 rpm. A 3/4-horsepower induction motor drives the belts, and it can run off either 115-volt outlets (for which it comes prewired) or 230-volt sources. The large 13-3/4-inch worktable glides easily with rack-and-pinion adjustment and tilts 45 degrees right or left to accommodate your needs. A hinged metal belt-and-pulley cover provides easy access to the motor mount, allowing for rapid spindle speed changes.
To personalize the press for your comfort and peace of mind, you can adjust the tension on the spindle return spring, as well as lock out the start button to protect others in your absence. The table's X pattern mounting grooves also allow you to mount a fence when the table is in reverse position. A built-in work light (bulb not included) provides additional visibility of your work space.
What's in the Box
One Jet 354169 JDP-17MF 16-1/2-inch drill press, drill chuck and key, and operating and assembly instructions.
Easy access to the quick adjustment motor mount.
- Motor: 3/4 horsepower, 1 phase, 115/230 volt
- Swing: 16-1/2 inches
- Spindle: 4-3/8-inch travel; 29-1/8-inch maximum distance to table
- Spindle speed: 200 to 3,630 rpm
- Drilling capacity: 5/8-inch
- Column diameter: 3-1/8 inches
- Table size: 13-3/4 inches
- Base size: 11-1/8 inches by 19-5/8 inches
- Dimensions: 23.5 inches by 12.8 inches by 54.5 inches
- Weight: 200 pounds
- Warranty: 5 years, limited