5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME light
I am somewhat of a collector of LED lights. I have like 27 of them now. I had some Amazon Credit Card points, and decided to try this light.

Published on February 6, 2012 by Shipwreck

2.0 out of 5 stars i thought this light had potential
I read the mixed reviews about this flashlight before buying it. Some reviews said this light was great, others said it wasn't so great. My experience has been that it is not so great.

First, the pros:

The flashlight seems to be durable and solid. It's just the right size to fit comfortably in your hand, and that's about it.

Now the...
Published on January 27, 2013 by colby herrell

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME light, February 6, 2012
This review is from: JETBeam XM-L LED 830 Lumen Flashlight, Black (Sports)

I do have the super bright Fenix TK70, which is obviously brighter. But, it's also much bigger than this Jetbeam. This BC40 was my first Jetbeam light (I have numerous other brands). This is my 2nd brightest light - even beats my Eagletac M2XC4.

This light puts out a huge spill with great throw. For under $70, it is a steal at over 800 actual out the front lumens (be aware that many lumen ratings are actually the theoretical maximum and not real world numbers).

I definetly recommend this light.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good flashlight but couple of issues..., April 18, 2012
This review is from: JETBeam XM-L LED 830 Lumen Flashlight, Black (Sports)
I really like the Jetbeam BC40 but I have 2 small issues that knock a star off in my opinion. I just ordered 2 (one for me and the other for my Pops) and they did not come with the orange peel reflectors I thought they would have. The smooth reflectors seem to have more of a distinct hotspot in the center of the beam. The Fenix TK35 (a comparable but more expensive alternative) has a smooth reflector as well. Maybe some prefer this so I thought I would mention it. I prefer the even throw that an orange peel reflectors gives.

Secondly the "cigar band" (or whatever you call it) spins once installed on the flashlight body. It is rather useless at keeping the flashlight from rolling on uneven surfaces. I suppose if you attached the included lanyard it may help to obstruct it from rolling but the band alone just spins as the flashlight rolls. Not a big deal but I thought I would point that out. All in all a nice buy. I am happy with the purchase.

Pros.
*Very Bright
*Decent Craftsmanship
*Reasonably priced
*Has a nice color temp (Not too blue)
*Nice weight and feel in hand and is easy to grip

Cons.
*No orange peel reflector
*Cigar band spins enabling the flashlight to roll on uneven surfaces
**Not a problem with the flashlight but I find the holster rather awkward. I would have preferred one that fully covers the head of the flashlight. The one included leaves the sides exposed.

I hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, October 3, 2012
This review is from: JETBeam XM-L LED 830 Lumen Flashlight, Black (Sports)
Well I got to tell ya, I've owned several cheap and not so cheap flashlights from 20 dollars to 250 dollars. Streamlight has always been my brand of choice but I wanted to explore one of these crazy powerful mid priced flashlights I'm always reading about. This is the best light under 100 dollars I think you can buy. Great power and performance. Use the rechargable batteries. The charge lasts a good amount and the batteries and chargers are cheap! The light puts out what the manufacturer claims as far as power. I've had mine for a while now and use it on 8 hr shifts at work 5 days a week. No issues what so ever!

5.0 out of 5 stars Shock & Awe Factor at a bargain price!, December 20, 2011
This review is from: JETBeam XM-L LED 830 Lumen Flashlight, Black (Sports)
IMO and those of many expert reviewers this is one of the best bargains in the LED flashlight market today. You have to accept a simple 2 mode interface, but the BC40 equals or betters the performance of lights costing two or three times as much. Yet it still offers excellent build quality and a light output & throw distance that will produce that Shock & Awe Factor in anyone. More light than anyone probably will ever really need, but that's what makes it fun! If you want to own one of the brightest flashlights on the market at a bargain price this is your ticket!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great light for the money, June 28, 2013
This review is from: JETBeam XM-L LED 830 Lumen Flashlight, Black (Sports)
I own a surefire, 3 fenix torches, a Lumapower, and now this. The jetbeam is by far the cheapest, but so far seems to be of equal quality to my others (subjective). If you're looking for a bright searchlight, this is one of the best for the money. With no moonlight mode and low set at 130 lumens, it's not exactly your "nightstand go-to light" though. Turn this puppy on and everybody knows it! Wake up the spouse at your own peril.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow - what bargain, November 10, 2012
This review is from: JETBeam XM-L LED 830 Lumen Flashlight, Black (Sports)
I bought this flashlight to carry with me on evening walks. It is longer than a weapon light but it fits well in my hand. I like the all-metal construction and ribbing on the handle to keep it secure in my hand. There are two modes, a very bright mode (advertised as 800+ lumens) and a low level light mode. You change the mode by twisting the casing. The activation switch on the back can be fully depressed to keep the light on, or push down part way for momentary lighting. The flashlight takes 4 x CR123a, or two 18650. Given the brightness it is a good value at ~60 dollars. I paid more and then found out later Amazon offers it. Oh well. I am very happy with it and would buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jetbeam BC40 LED Flashlight 830 Lumens Cree XML - Jetbeam BC40C, February 29, 2012
This review is from: JETBeam XM-L LED 830 Lumen Flashlight, Black (Sports)
Just received this flashlight today (2-29-2012) upon putting the batteries in and turning the flashlight on I was immediately amazed by the brightness of it. I have a Trustfire XM-L 3800 lumen flashlight that ppl say really isn't 3800 lumens perhaps half that, anyways when I compared the two the Jetbeam deff. gave it a run for it money. I could deff use either flashlight as a main duty light. If your the type of person who likes smaller flashlights that are bright instead of the bigger ones like my Trustfire or Streamlights or Maglights this would be a great purchase. The flashlight comes with a holster which is great as well but does not come with batteries it can take 4 CR123 or 2 18650. I used the 18650 since I have extras and they are rechargeable I'm not sure if the CR123's are.

5.0 out of 5 stars this lite rocks, October 8, 2011
This review is from: JETBeam XM-L LED 830 Lumen Flashlight, Black (Sports)
This lite is great!! I use it for nght hunting. Lites up the whole countryside. Super brite w/ a focused beam! You can see objects clearly @ 100 yds. I paid $145 for their 750 lumen and this one is better for 1/2 the cost. A must buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars You light up my life!, October 8, 2012
This review is from: JETBeam XM-L LED 830 Lumen Flashlight, Black (Sports)
I've been a Maglite guy ever since my grandpa gave me one of his 20 years ago but this Jet Beam blows them away. The light is bright enough to the beam on the wall across a well lit room. Truly amazed at how much power this thing puts out.

The construction seems very solid. This came without batteries so be prepared.

It also came with a sturdy belt holster with a steel D-Ring that looks like you'd be able to clip to a carabiner as well as a velcro belt strap that you can easily add to your belt without unbuckling. Also included was an extra set of o-rings and button covers. I just wish there was a pouch or pocket on the holster to store the extra parts.

Overall this thing is amazing and I highly recommend getting one if you need a sturdy, bright flashlight.

5.0 out of 5 stars conflicting LED information, December 3, 2011
This review is from: JETBeam XM-L LED 830 Lumen Flashlight, Black (Sports)
This is an excellent flashlight, and frankly I like its simplicity. There are only 2 light settings, no strobe, no flashing light. Strange thing is on the outside of the box twice it says the LED is a Cree XM-L. Yet on the spec sheet inside the box on two separate locations ("Features" and "Specifications and Performance") it says the LED is a Cree XP-G. I don't know LEDs well enough to tell them apart, but I do know this puppy is VERY bright.

JETBeam XM-L LED 830 Lumen Flashlight, Black