3,365 of 3,536 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a tank you can trust
I'll admit it. Shopping for a personal tank can be a bit daunting. Many times in the past I've purchased overpriced, so-called "battle tanks", then driven them into battle only to be wrecked in ten minutes by the first blow off of some insurgents home-made morter.

But not this baby, no way.

This tank R-O-C-K-S! Literally- the 400-watt sound-system...
Published on December 1, 2005 by Thomas Dunham

2,122 of 2,194 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars easily blown to kingdom come
Published on December 4, 2007 by V. Zhirinovsky

2,122 of 2,194 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars easily blown to kingdom come, December 4, 2007
This review is from: JL421 Badonkadonk Land Cruiser/Tank
I am an acquisitions officer for an artillery unit in the Russian Army. Since mafia hooligans stole all of our equipment to sell to Kyrgyzstani rebels, we have been looking for a low-cost alternative to the T-80 Main Battle Tank. After successful trials at a facility in Moscow, this so-called "Badonkadonk" was approved for use in the Chechen theatre. Initial reports were favorable, but then somebody noticed that the tank lacked a cannon, treads, and armor, and possessed the engine of an electric bicycle. It did, however, have an excellent audio system, but this failed to compensate for its disappointing 100% mortality rate. Recommended only for use against Lithuanians.

3,365 of 3,536 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a tank you can trust, December 1, 2005
Thomas Dunham "Los Pepes" (Catonsville, Maryland United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: JL421 Badonkadonk Land Cruiser/Tank

But not this baby, no way.

This tank R-O-C-K-S! Literally- the 400-watt sound-system keeps me rockin like a crazy man as I'm dishing out justice commando style. Wow. I just can't say enough. And the kids love it, too- imagine the look of terror in the eyes of the enemy as I'm dropping off my kid's team to their soccer game. Shock and awe, my friends, SHOCK AND AWE!

I had NAO install the optional GPS-guided white phosphorus missile system, and talk about *SWEET*! Burn baby burn!!!

Oh, it also has plenty of room for groceries, and if you need to like move a loveseat or something it'll fit if you use a little bungee cord.

The only real negative with this tank is that it shows up on radar a little more than I like (although there is a polyresin graphite stealth model available). Also, the included spare isn't full size.

Overall, a great tank.

1,906 of 2,046 people found the following review helpful
2.0 out of 5 stars The Donk is OK, not recommended for a drunken rampage, March 2, 2006
This review is from: JL421 Badonkadonk Land Cruiser/Tank
If I had it to do over again, I'd leave my insurance settlement money under my matress a while longer instead of spendin it on one of these things. A Badonkadonk ... more like a Badonkajunk.

I bought one of these Donks 'cause I thought the cops wouldn't hastle me in it. Since it aint road legal I figured it wouldn't matter that I don't got a driver's license anymore (It's that kinda "outa the box" thinkin that's got me where I am in life). I figured when the cops said "Billy, you know you aint supposed to be drivin a car anymore" I could say "I aint drivin a car, I'm drivin a Donk" and then crank up "Freebird" on my 400 Watt stereo as I lay down a thick patch of rubber with the 6hp fire-breathin power plant and maybe let out a rebel yell as I go up on 2 wheels and squeeze between the 2 squad cars they had set up as a road block. Then when they pulled out their guns and tried to stop me the bullets would just rikoshay off my trusty Donk as I glance matter-of-factly into the rear view mirror and flick the ash off my Marlboro in symbolic contempt of the agressors what I had just thwarted.

Nothin was further from the truth though: I had just stayed late over at my sister trailer and was fixin to head back across the court to my trailer. I will admit that I had been drinkin, but her trailer was just a few loops over from mine and it was after 3AM so I figured I weren't gonna hurt nobody, especially in the old "Donk". As chance would have it, I just happened to be wearing various article of my sister's clothing and started to recognize the familiar smell of MacDonnald french fries. As I turned the corner into my own loop, the smell was unmistakable ... as was the conclusion that I deducticated in my mind ... my sister had been gettin cozy with that retard Lucas Tubbs who works the MacDonnald's drive through.

Well, I have to tell you I became engorged with rage! I whipped the old Donker around and started headin for MacDonnalds to show ol' Tubbs what I thought of him sneakin around my sis. I only made it as far as the trailer park entrance though, cause I got high-centered on the speed bump there. Folks tell me that I crawled on top of the Donkster and started yellin obsenities at that point, but to be honest I don't recall that part. It must have been true though because the police showed up very quickly. When I saw the squad car, I scurried back into the Donk, locked the hatch, started up the engine, and floored it! It was the right thing to do because, in their vain effort to extracticate me from my vehicular conveyance, the cops jumped on the roof of the Donk tipping the balance just far enough that the wheels grabbed hold and I was able to get off of the speed bump. Hot pursuit was on!

The cops' squad car must have malfunctioned because the officers proceded to pursue me on foot. By the time I got to Main Street I had a comfortable lead on them. I turned South, as that was the proper mode of direction to arrive at the MacDonnalds. At that point my drunken rage peaked and I knew what I had to do to save my families honor: I was gonna crash my tank into the MacDonnalds drive through! I rev'ed up the engine and floored it! As I got closer and closer, I could see ol' 'tardy Tubbs' face paint a life-size portrait of confusion on a tattered canvas of fear and surprise. I thought to myself "All will be made right again" as I flew by the intercom, scraping sparks of anger and bitterness as I careened past. I was overjoyed to see that, even though he had plenty of time to see me coming and move out of the way, ol' 'tardy Tubbs was still in my direct line-of-flight. I braced for impact as the Donk hit the order window plexiglass, bounced off, and rolled over on its side. I must have hit my head on the pivoting control stick because I blacked out momentarily. I awoke to the sound of my tiny wheels spinning madly at 40 miles per hour. With my battle tank inoperable, my hopes of even slightly inconveniencing Lucas Tubbs dashed, and my sister's fine clothes soiled with sweat and blood, I had no choice left but to piss myself and start flailing my arms and legs madly.

The police that had been pursuing me arrived moments later. I do not agree with their assessment that I was a danger to myself and others, but I don't recall that part of the evenning very well so I can't say for sure. Either way, I don't think the use of the Tazer was justified. However, I now have lawsuits outstanding against MacDonnalds for faulty drive through design, the manufacturer of the Tazer, and the local police. One of these suits needs to pay out to replace the money from the insurance settlement and pay the court mandated restitution to MacDonnalds and the local police.

In the end, I blame all my problems on the Donk. I hope they have good insurance. I'm comin for them next.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth 10X the price, August 8, 2007
This review is from: JL421 Badonkadonk Land Cruiser/Tank
I was skeptical at first...can you really buy a tank and be allowed to drive it around town. Turns out that "legally" you can't. But it does have some other great benefits:

1. Every single person I have had an issue with is now afraid of me. It's not that quiet respect kind of thing either, these people are petrified of me. My neighbors used to get mad when the dog "Wally" would use their yard as a bathroom -- not any more. In fact, they don't get mad when I do it either.

2. The gas mileage isn't that great, but I haven't stopped for a traffic light/stop sign for the six months I've owned the JL421. Actually, I haven't even bothered to slow down....people just seem to get out of the way. The police escorts have been a welcomed suprise, but they would be more efficient in front of me instead of following behind.

3. The flamethrower attachment is a must have (I found one at a garage sale for a great price). My lawn will never have to be mowed again. The machine guns only fire one thousand rounds per minute, but short of the few times I've needed them it hasn't been much of an issue.

4. This thing is super roomy too. I can now take at least six of my drunken idiot friends with me on our Wednesday night road rage episodes. My old tank only fit the four of us. If you can't share those times with your friends, why even bother going out to shoot stuff -- ya know?!?!

Just a couple of negatives:

1. Now that my wife has kicked me out of the house and I'm living in my tank, I have really noticed the need for more ventilation. I haven't showered in six months and it is pretty ripe smelling in there. I'm looking into adding some windows.

2. Great stereo system. I would think that for the money they would have put in a CD player instead of just cassette deck. I bought a Sony Walkman CD player to plug in, but it skips everytime I smash into somebody's house.

All in all I would buy this tank again, and definitely recommend it to my friends (that live in a different state than I do).

5.0 out of 5 stars A Tank that blows away the competition!, May 13, 2006
This review is from: JL421 Badonkadonk Land Cruiser/Tank
When I first saw this tank for sale, I was skeptical. How can they pack all that "tank" goodness inside, for such an affordable price?? I wasn't sure if this tank was for me, but I decided to give it a try, and boy am I glad I did!

When I first opened it from its giant stainless steel radioactive shielded crate, I knew it was the "one"! The pictures just don't do it justice! Its full stain metal plated exterior just screams 'luxury', and it's 6hp engine will blast you from 0 to 40 in 260 thrilling seconds. Yeah baby! That's what I'm talking about! You can almost feel the wind in your hair... almost.

But wait, there's more! The inside is so much more spacious than the pics do it justice. It's like a party inside with it's 8 cubic feet of space and 400 watt sound system. This baby doesn't just roll(at 40mph) it rocks too baby! Whoo! That premium sound is just perfect for drowning out the gunfire/cannons exploding outside. And how does it feel when you're rolling down to the nearest starbucks in this bad baby???... like the 4th of July!

Note: Also available in a sporty convertible model: The Badonkadonk-a-doodle-doo. (outrun the Tusken Raiders in style)

If this review was helpful... or at least entertaining. Please exercise your freedom to vote.

3.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware: This product does not come equipped with a weapon., January 10, 2008
This review is from: JL421 Badonkadonk Land Cruiser/Tank
What good is a tank without an attached gun? I was forced to hang my arm out the window with my index finger and thumb extended in the "Pantomime Gun" gesture while squeaking out "Pyew! Pyew!" in a shrill falsetto.

This did little to instill fear in my enemies.

5.0 out of 5 stars You can afford it!, November 15, 2010
Traveling Girl (Washington State) - See all my reviews
This review is from: JL421 Badonkadonk Land Cruiser/Tank
"Perhaps you are thinking: 'But a tank costs several million dollars, not including floor mats. I don't have that kind of money.'

Don't be silly. You're a consumer, right? You have credit cards, right?

Perhaps you are thinking: 'Yes, but how am I going to pay the credit-card company?'

Don't be silly. You have a tank, right?"

-- Dave Barry

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical,affordable, stylish and most of all, fun to drive, July 1, 2006
This review is from: JL421 Badonkadonk Land Cruiser/Tank
Some people have sticker shock when they see the price of the Badonkadonk, but what did they expect? A tank for the price of a Kia? Come'on! Let's be reasonable! If you were considering a Hummer, you'd have to cough up around fifty grand. This bad boy is cheap at 19K. Even my Hyundai cost more than that. This is a real bargain, make no mistake.

Based on the driving habits of the locals in my area, I decided that trading in my sedan was a good idea, in fact, something that would improve my health more than eating broccoli and drinking green tea. For one thing, there is little armor on my Hyundai, and one local past-time here is for SUV drivers to trundle aimlessly through stop signs while clamping their cellphones tightly to their ears, probably to avoid hearing my horn blaring and some choice swears, too. One woman in a silver SUV seems to have a fatwa against me or else a death-wish--she's run the stop sign right by my house twice while I was in the intersection and once it was on a very rainy day and she had her kids in the car. Rather than call child protective services or the police, I decided to drive more defensively. Now I cross intersections with confidence, knowing SUV's, idiots ignoring the road while yapping into their cell phones, possums and even Hummer limousines are hapless against the front prow of my Badonkadonk. The cow catcher design is not only aerodynamic, it is quite effective at lifting stray cattle right out of the way.

As to the interior comfort, it leaves a lot to be desired. Since the hull has few windows or vents, you have to run the A/C a lot and this cuts down on the mileage quite a bit. However, we converted the gasoline engine to a biodiesel that runs on bacon drippings, rancid popcorn butter, fry oil and suntan lotion so it's really quite economical to run.

For urban driving, the Badonkadonk is terrific; equipped with an upgraded 400 terawatt subwoofer, it strikes terror wherever it goes. When we get stalled on the George Washington Bridge, we pull out the lounge chairs and watch reruns of "Knight Rider" on the DVD player. The Badonkadonk comes with Sirius radio standard but we pulled it out and replaced it with an 8-track tape player, because we're just weird that way.

For suburban jobs like hauling home a gas grill from Home Despot, this can't be beat--plenty of cargo room if you pull out the troop benches and the land torpedo loaders. This takes a bit of time, but after a couple of times, you get very quick at it.

We only wish this came in better colors; Mad Max Rust is not my favorite shade; I'd prefer candy apple red or basic black. Options like the flame thrower, vegetable crisper and margarita machine are nice to have, but add a lot to the base price. We opted for the luxury package with DVD player, inversion table and badminton court and it was well worth the extra expense. Remember that the optional flame thrower is not available in California, Arizona or New Mexico (duh!) and they are not sold in Maine, Vermont, Wisconsin or Oregon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Tank? Please. :(, April 2, 2007
This review is from: JL421 Badonkadonk Land Cruiser/Tank
This is most certainly NOT a tank. I mounted a military surplus M68A1 105mm main gun for deer hunting. I only got one shot off. The resulting recoil ripped off the roof and flipped the "tank" 3 times. Needless to say, I will NOT be buying another JL421 in the future to replace the heaping scrap of metal in my backyard.

4.0 out of 5 stars Want to become a Dictator? You need a Donk., December 20, 2006
ejwitt (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: JL421 Badonkadonk Land Cruiser/Tank
Have you ever wanted to be the dictator of an obscure country whose name you can't pronounce, only to realize you don't have the appropriate armaments in your suburban garage to give you that tactical advantage? Let's face it: installing that leaf blower and shop vac in the wife's SUV just isn't going to get the job done and will probably only lead to ridicule.

Now, thanks to the good people at NAO Design, you have access to a device that can make your third-world conquests a reality. Granted, the Donk won't go head-to-head with a modern Abrams M1A2 fitted with the Urban Survival Kit upgrade, but in field tests against Russian-made T-72s, it performed admirably. Survivability was significantly improved with the installation of depleted uranium armor in key areas. The addition of a German-designed Rheinmetall AG 120 mm smoothbore gun made it possible to take out adversaries from nearly 4000 meters away.

Pros: The stock 6HP Tecumseh engine and drive train can be retrofitted fairly easily with an electric motor drive system powered by a surplus Russian-built Strontium-90 Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator (RTG). That change out pushed the top speed of my Donk to over 92 MPH (though I did also have to upgrade to "R" speed rated all-season tires). Plus, with a half-life of 28.8 years, I'll be ready for a new cruiser by the time the fuel is no longer viable.

The soundtrack to Top Gun totally rocks on the 400 watt sound system as I charge into battle! Sometimes I also like to play it on the external PA system to confuse and disorient the enemy.

Cons: Cup holders are too small for the 64oz mega-size slurpees I like to take into combat zones. No trip odometer. A digital dashboard display for the outside temperature would be nice, as would dual-zone climate control. Oh, and the glovebox is too small for my gas mask.

ARRAY(0xaa6cbc9c)