Gina Pera is a JOURNALIST with her own book on ADHD with Negative comments AGAINST DR. Bob

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 18, 2008 10:27:06 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 23, 2008 6:08:12 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2008 4:55:19 PM PST
J. Snyder says:
Dear D. DeMaria,

Gina Pera did not attack you "personally" but as the author of a book with a title that would rile anyone really knowledgeable about ADHD.

The fact that she's a journalist and has written a book about ADHD (and a good, knowledgeable one, too) has nothing to do with it. (I suppose I'm being judgmental here, but it does appear to me that you are using that fact as a "red herring" in order not to deal with the issue.)

Gina Pera said, " If the title and his claims had been less grandiose ("Stop ADHD), well, it's a free country. He can write whatever he wants. But if he claims that his methods can "Stop ADHD," that is not something that knowledgeable people can let stand."

She is standing up with righteous anger about something she sees as misleading (i.e., the title of your book) to people who need more balanced information.

And I cannot help but agree with her.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2009 11:31:18 PM PST
A. Burwell says:
Gina Pera is not your average "journalist," either.

She co-authored a book on Adult ADHD with none other than Russell Barkley, the biggest promoter of ADHD on the planet who takes money from a laundry list of pharmaceutical companies.

What is Ms. Pera doing lurking around a site trying to besmirch the reputation of a man whose work appears to help a great many -- and without drug intervention?

Draw your own conclusions.

Great work, Dr. DeMaria!

Posted on Apr 14, 2009 10:05:41 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 14, 2009 10:15:22 PM PDT
Gina Pera says:
This is really creepy. Bob DeMaria implies that I wrote something negative about him in my book. Absolutely not. I'd never heard of him until I saw this preposterously titled book.

In fact, I wrote a negative review on amazon of HIS book. But you can't read it. He had Amazon delete it. Not sure how that works or that it serves the reader. But anyone who knows ADHD knows that you can't "stop it in 18 days." From the title alone, draw your own conclusions.

Posted on Apr 15, 2009 1:06:08 PM PDT
This is all ridiculous! Can we please keep all of the authors off of here! This is really unethical and outrageous! If authors want to argue, call each other up! Do not subject us to your egos. We have a right to talk openly about our experience with a given book, without this nonsense.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2009 12:02:12 AM PDT
He's a conspiracy theorist crack pot, he probably thinks that AMA & Pharmaceutical companies paid you to come on here. I've skimmed his book and it's total propaganda. Tell you what "Doctor" I'll give you my son for 18 days and I'll bet you a thousand dollars that you cannot reverse his ADHD.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2010 7:16:50 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 19, 2011 5:58:32 PM PST]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Nov 18, 2008
Latest post:  Feb 1, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Stop ADHD, ADD, ODD Hyperactivity: A Drugless Family Guide to Optimal Health
Stop ADHD, ADD, ODD Hyperactivity: A Drugless Family Guide to Optimal Health by Robert DeMaria (Paperback - July 2003)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (75)