Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: JP Enterprises Red Dot Sights - JPoint 4 MOA Dot
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on December 10, 2013
I purchased this for the S&W M&P .40 CORE. The CORE comes with an adapter plate (#2) that fits the JPoint perfectly. This is an excellent optic with some trade-offs.

First, the unit is not built like an EOTech; the housing is polymer and the lens is acrylic. While this might seem a disadvantage, it makes the Jpoint incredibly lightweight. It of course does weigh something, but in real-world terms it weighs practically nothing. This has a couple advantages: it doesn't change the way your pistol balances/handles, and since there is no mass on top of your slide, there is minimal inertia from the recoil.

Jpoint states that they went with the acrylic lens for similar reasons; low weight and durability. I read several reviews of CMore sight users that experienced cracked glass, which will not happen with the JPoint. The trade-off is a slightly less clear optical lens, but the dot is all you need to see anyway. Basically red dots/holographic sights allow you to keep both eyes on your target, with the dot super-imposed on your target. So that makes the acrylic lens less of an issue.

You cannot turn the Jpoint off without unmounting it and removing the battery. It does come with a protective cover however that keeps the dot on the lowest power setting to conserve battery life. The upside is the sight is always on and available, provided of course the battery is good.

To compensate for the lack of power on/off and adjustable brightness, the Jpoint adjusts automatically to light changes and it does so very well. Standing near a light switch in a completely dark room, I can switch the light on and watch the red dot get much brighter instantly, while a flip of the switch back to dark makes the dot shrink and dim to its lowest setting. It works instantly and perfectly.

Overall I'm very happy with the Jpoint, with the only unknown for me being its long-term durability.
on June 18, 2015
Purchased a month ago and installed on my M & P core and took out to shoot for the first time. 5 rounds and turn off, died
very disappointed tried to contact supplier and can't return? $299 for a piece of plastic can't say how dissapointed I am
Sent e-mail to manufacture to see if I can get fixed, JP products normally good will update
Don't waste your money, this type of product need to be 100% dependable
on October 10, 2015
Put this on my M&P Core, co-witnesses with my sights and makes target acquisition childs play. I was a little concerned with the fact that you can overdo it when sighting in the optic, rendering it nonfunctional. It shouldn't really happen but it was just a tad worrisome reading in the manual. Once you have it set though, you shouldn't have to mess with it much.
on December 13, 2013
At a shoot I was out-shot by a fellow competitor who had one of these sights on his Glock. He let me try it and I fell in love with it! I'm old and have old eyes.

I promptly ordered a J-point (with Glock mount) and installed it directly into the dovetail cut on my G17L. It still shot high after hitting the end of the adjustment. I changed my point of aim with the intention of exploring the lack of adjustment range after an upcoming shoot.

During the shoot, the sight flew off the gun! I reinstalled it even though the set screws seemed tight, I torqued them down. The sight flew off again!

At my workbench, I discovered the set screws I had tightened were not really set screws but they attached the sight to the base so they had no function on securing the sight to the gun.
When I attempted to remove the screws one head twisted off. The head of the screw appeared to be of much softer metal than the shaft. When I attempted to drill out the shaft the surrounding material was softer than the screw shaft so the bit wandered slightly into the softer material. I re-threaded the new hole and installed new screws.

The sight still shot too high and was at the end of its adjustment. I talked to the factory and was told the shims (sold separately) would provide additional range of adjustment,

I have the following QC and design concerns:
1 Sight was built with too little adjustment range. Shims sold separately.
2 Screws were of poor quality (soft head material).
3 No on/off switch. Unit has a cover to conserve battery power when not in use, However, this cover falls off quite easily, allowing the battery to run down.
4 Not enough information provided about the "mount". Shims, set screw, etc. If a shim is required, should it not be included?

I ordered a set of 3 shims and found one shim to be sufficient to bring the point of aim (POA) and point of impact (POI) together.
The set screw hole was not threaded all the way through so it would not work. I threaded the hole and the set screw now works.

I like this sight for its small size and simplicity of operation. However, I have concerns when I find
the issues listed above.
Having said that, when in the market for another similar sight I plan to purchase it from another manufacturer to investigate how they handle the above issues.

I was an electronics technician for 35 years so I have a technician's mind. I instinctively look for problems and potential problems. I also tend to use my equipment to its limits. So, to the casual range shooter who has someone else do his work, my issues may not apply.
44 comments|17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 29, 2014
I have a Tasco Optima 2000 that I have have for over fifteen years. I originally had it on a 41 mag Ruger Redhawk that I hunted with. For the last couple years I have had it on a Model 23 Glock 40S&W. I did have to shim it to make it sight in. I have fired thousands of rounds with no problem at all. I can not really see any difference between it and the JPoint. I put the new JPoint on a 40 S&W M&P C.O.R.E. It fit perfectly in the milled slide and I did not have to shim it. I laser bore sighted it and needed very minor adjustment to be point of aim at 25 yards when I shot it. I have only fire 500 rounds with this sight but it is right on. I have no reason to believe it will not perform as well as the original Optima sight. You cannot beat the price.
on February 17, 2015
This micro red dot is awesome. Mounted on my Glock 20 using the rear sight mount (JPoint mount dented in when hammered into the rear sight slot. My tools have been taped off and glock slide was covered with cloth but still caused damage during the hammering. Mount gets the job done though). JPoint is not as good as a Trijicon RMR/Docter/Delta, but still very good. The quality is good and the lens is very clear. Very light! Also can't beat the price. Might get my slide milled because with the rear sight mount, it sits a bit high.
on December 7, 2015
Not enough elevation adjustment for G34. Shims sold separately now I spend 20 for Shims (3 pcs plastic) should be included will not buy this brand again.
on May 22, 2016
Excellent Sight. needed shim on S&W MP40 Performance pistol.
on May 15, 2016
my dh ordered this and it does the job and he is satisfied
on August 14, 2015
The sight works good in daylight as well as low light conditions with its auto adjustment for intensity.
I feel it could use an on/off switch.