5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted - and it saved me $24 :-)
Published 23 months ago by WarmGingerTea

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy
This app is not good, issues installing, USB download is slow and WiFi download is even worse. Didn't download all songs from iTunes, having constant issues with app, support is there but the problem still remains. This app was a waste of money,save yourself the aggravation and stay away! I'm getting an iPod! Wish I could give it zero stars!
Published 23 months ago by M. claudio

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted - and it saved me $24 :-), November 27, 2012
This review is from: iSyncr for iTunes to Android (Pro) (App)
Having just gotten a Kindle Fire two days ago, I was surprised to learn there didn't seem to be a direct way to transfer music using the built in music app. I could upload 250 songs to the Amazon cloud for free (then download to my Fire), but to upload more songs was going to be $25 per year. I considered doing the cloud route in batches (I assume it's possible to upload 250, download to Fire, then delete from cloud and repeat....), but it seemed a ridiculous path. I found this poking around the app store looking for a solution, and it worked really well over WiFi. It did take hours to load my 600 or so songs, and hit an error once and had to be restarted. Apart from that - easy peasy. You (1) load app to Kindle, (2)load program to your PC (the app lets you send an email to yourself, then just open the email from your PC and download). (3) Go to WiFi tab on the app and set it going. There's a good tutorial in the app, and apparently you can also load via a USB link if you want to (might be faster?)

There's a companion music player - Rocket Music. I'm only using the free version, but even the free version solved my immediate issue, which was the lack of "genre" as a category for viewing your music on the native app.

Good stuff!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product and Support, January 3, 2012
This review is from: iSyncr for iTunes to Android (Pro) (App)
I recently transferred a very large CD collection to my laptop which just happened to have iTunes installed on it from Dell, not realizing, when I started, that iTunes was a rather closed system. Although, I found during the process that iTunes was very well thought out in the way you can organize and manage your music library. And that was fine as long as I was utilizing my laptop as my music player. I had purchased a very small FM transmitter that plugged into the headphone jack on my laptop and could thus transmit my music from my iTunes libraries to any FM radio station within my house and also in my car (on roadtrips only). Eventually I realized that this was rather archaic and that I really needed to have a good MP3 player in a much smaller "form factor" to do that.

That put me into research mode to decide what might be best for me, for a player. We all know the "easy button" would be an iPod Touch, however I was very reluctant to purchase one, even though they are, without question, an excellent product. Simply because I did not want to be held hostage to Apple, outside of their closed system environment. I had heard stories from friends who found that they could not always access or transfer their iTunes libraries to other PC's etc. At any rate, I zeroed in on the Samsung Galaxy 5.0 MP3 Player, due to quality of product and features...5" screen which places it between a Tablet and a touch phone, as well as having GPS, maps, bluetooth, wifi for internet access, and the capability for storage expansion with a 32gb microSD card slot, boosting overall capacity to 40gb, along with the onboard 8gb storage.

But I could not feel comfortable in making that purchase without knowing I had a way to migrate from iTunes on my laptop to this player. After considerable research, I stumbled upon iSnycr. Although their website contained good information, as well as very easy to follow tutorials for using it, and seeing many positive reviews on Amazon, CNet and other sites, I still had questions about compatibility and function related to the transition from PC to the Samsung Galaxy. So I emailed JRT Studios (who created and supports iSyncr) with some detailed questions about how to proceed for a successful result. Surprisingly, I got a very informative response from the CEO of iSyncr (I am assuming this from the fact that his name, Justin T, just happened to correspond to the initials JRT of JRT Studios). At any rate, to receive a timely response from him/them and then a second response to follow up questions I asked, was very impressive, in light of the fact that this is a very low cost and reasonably priced product which addresses a rather big issue for those like me, who are seeking a solution for synchronizing their iTunes library to a non-Apple device such as the Galaxy "Android" player.

This product (iSyncr) works exactly as advertised. When I transferred my iTunes library from my laptop to the Galaxy player, it maintained all of my file folders and metatags (such as song ratings, album name, artist name, year of release, etc) and allowed them to be displayed and arranged in the same way that iTunes did. And, you can see from JRT Studios website that all of the previous download versions of their software, gets constantly updated with "fixes" to any problems which users encounter. If the software falls short of user expectations, then JRT seems eager to write new code to address and improve performance and features. In comparison, I have purchased "off the shelf" boxed software from national retailers, paying up to $150 for other types of solutions and have never seen one of them care one bit whether you were satisfied with their product, as contained within the box. You can complain all you want in user forums or in emails to such nationally known software companies and you won't find them eager to engage in improvements in "real time". You will likely experience having to wait until the next version comes out in another year or two, as well as paying more money for the "upgrade".

So my hat is off to iSyncr. A quality product is not only measured by its performance but also by the quality of support which leads to post-purchase satisfaction, along with a commitment from the company to constantly offer improvements to enhance performance.

On a side note, to make all of this work as desired, I found from many reviews of the Samsung Galaxy and Samsung touch phone (which is its smaller companion) that you have to download Kies, which is an Android software, to play media on the device. Hearing that it was very "buggy", I went in search of alternate software to make all of this work in unison. Partially based on recommendations from Justin at JRT Studios, and partially on Amazon reviews and CNet reviews of media player software, I settled on an inexpensive downloadable program in the Android marketplace, called Player Pro, which I put on my Samsung player. It has a lot of similar features to iTunes. And iSyncr flawlessly integrated my iTunes library to my player, and allowed it to be played using Player Pro. Steps that I took were thus...first I downloaded iSyncr to my laptop. Next I downloaded Player Pro to my Samsung, using the wifi connection from my DLink home router, which transmitted the download to the player. Once each program was on its respective device, I connected the Samsung to my laptop, through the USB cord connection, opened iSyncr, and then selected the files in iTunes which iSyncr asked me to identify for transfer and then hit the "transfer" button (or whatever it happened to be called). Twenty minutes later, I was ready to use the Samsung with my iTunes library successfully transmitted, with all of my folders and sub folders (smart playlists) intact.

Although I have not yet done it, I also plan on one more music utility download, to improve the acoustic performance of the player, in order to fine tune the EQ of the player, depending upon what sound system I am transmitting to, whether it be my home stereo system, or my car, or my powerboat. I am doing this, since I found that the Samsung, upon first use, a couple days ago in my car, tended to over drive the bass and left a bit to be desired in the mids and highs (basically giving a bit of muddy sound). And when I removed the FM transmitter from the Samsung and plugged it back into my laptop to send the same iTunes songs from my laptop to the car stereo, the sound was normal just like the original CD would have sounded. So I am going to purchase and download another program onto the Samsung, which is called PowerAmp, in the Android marketplace. PowerAmp allows you to tweak the sound to individual preferences through, what I believe is, a ten band equalizer. With PowerAmp, I am hoping that once I set EQ to desired settings that it will allow a default to those settings, any time I launch Player Pro to listen to music, on the go. Player Pro and PowerAmp are both highly rated by users, on aforementioned sites, so I hope that this will be the last addition for a combination of solutions for optimum listening experience.

Hope this is helpful in more ways than one, since I spent untold hours in research, agonizing over the MP3 hardware player purchase decision between iPod Touch and the Samsung Galaxy player with the 5" screen. iSyncr definitely tilted the scales in the direction which I really wanted to go and gave comfort to my decision. No post-buyers remorse here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing App, Awesome Dev, March 22, 2011
This review is from: iSyncr for iTunes to Android (Pro) (App)
I've been using this app almost since I got my HTC Evo. I use it both on my PC and on my macbook with the iSyncr WiFi add-on. Combined with PlayerPro I know have perfect syncing with my Android device and iTunes that updates nightly while I sleep. No other app comes close to ease of use and reliability. I've also contacted the dev directly for support in the past and received prompt, courteous replies every time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, November 24, 2012
This review is from: iSyncr for iTunes to Android (Pro) (App)
Allowed me to get my music out of itunes and onto my kindle with no hassle. I wish this would have came up at the top of the list when I was doing my research.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this app, couldn't be easier, March 22, 2011
This review is from: iSyncr for iTunes to Android (Pro) (App)
Syncing music has been made simple. I use the Mac & Windows & the Wifi addon as well to keep my android phone music up to date with the latest tunes to jog to from my home mac or my work PC. I had a question once for the dev team regarding installing the wifi server, and they got back to me within the hour. Top-notch service for the cost of a $2.99 app? Well, that is just crazy awesome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, May 20, 2011
This review is from: iSyncr for iTunes to Android (Pro) (App)
This is the only app I've found that really integrates with itunes, including synching back play counts and ratings. I've spent hours tring to get other programs to do what I want and still needed to do manual tweaks. This just works with little to no effort on my part.

5.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY a sync program that works...FAST, January 15, 2012
This review is from: iSyncr for iTunes to Android (Pro) (App)
I have tried to use Songbird, Doubletwist and HTC Sync to sync my music to my HTC Evo. Songbird would take for-ev-er to mount the SD card, Doubletwist recopied all my songs every time and HTC sync took five minutes to update the library and then at least an hour and a half to sync playlists and then copy songs. I could find no program that seemed to sync as quickly and accurately as iTunes synced my iPod Touch. Now I have.

I'm using iSyncr for both my HTC Evo phone and my Acer Iconia tablet. I had trouble with a couple of songs the first couple of times I tried to sync, but once I unchecked those and ran one full sync (about 4500 songs) they synced fine the second time. Of course the first sync took a long time since the songs had to be copied fully. What has amazed me is how iSyncr performs on subsequent syncs. It seems to sync only what has changed and gets the sync over and done with. I can now sync whenever I want - I don't have to set aside time to make sure the sync happens. I can sync and go - just like iTunes works with my iPod Touch.

To the developer: THANK YOU.

5.0 out of 5 stars Baddest App for media transfer, December 21, 2011
This review is from: iSyncr for iTunes to Android (Pro) (App)
This app rocks!! I got this to replace Amazon MP3, which is good, but read my review on it before you use it.

This app takes a little brain and an iTunes account, but after that, your home free!

Also syncs album art, AS LONG AS ITS FROM ITUNES!! That means that if you have CD tracks with album art that you
just copied and pasted, it probably won't do it, it will sync the audio, just not the album art. It will flawlessly sync
Itunes art all the time however.

Hope this helped,
Peace.

5.0 out of 5 stars A+ App, January 14, 2013
This review is from: iSyncr for iTunes to Android (Pro) (App)
This is one of the best apps I've purchased through the years. With my new phone, Galaxy Note 2, for some reason I wasn't able to get all my music onto the phone. Many songs would be missing, and it would take forever to transfer the music. I tried several times and finally decided to see if there was a good app out there as I was becoming frustrated.

I found iSynr, which I've heard of in the past but didn't feel the need to have. I decided to try it, I use iTunes anyway on my computer. It was amazing! It was fast, transferred all my songs and cover art, and on top of that all my playlists.

This is by far one of the best apps I've purchased through the years and well worth the cost. For smooth syncing and music control from computer to phone and back again don't fear wasting your money on this app.

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT, May 21, 2013
This review is from: iSyncr for iTunes to Android (Pro) (App)
I didn't know it could be so easy--and cheap to transfer my I-tunes music library
to anywhere other than another I- tunes device! I have all my music on my Kindle now!!!!!

iSyncr for iTunes to Android (Pro)
$4.99