Published on February 23, 2011 by R. Aubry

2.0 out of 5 stars Worksheets
This is a collection of very dry worksheets. Not a useful resource - rather a collection of drill and practice sheets. I don't see the great JUMP vision here. This material would turn off students who are struggling.
Published 21 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars A good way to introduce yourself to the ideas in The Myth of Ability, February 23, 2011
This review is from: JUMP at Home Grade 6: Worksheets for the JUMP Math Program (Paperback)
I was intrigued by John Mighton's The Myth of Ability and his claim for a way to break down key math (arithmetic) concepts to make them more understandable for students. I purchased the JUMP At Home Grade 6 workbook to see how the program works. I think that if you have a child who is a student in a school mathematics class and needs help with the basics, this is a good series to have.

You can click on the link to search inside this book and check out the table of contents for more details, but I can tell you that this books covers sequences, patterns, mental math and estimating, multiples, multiplying, division, place value, fractions, decimals, ratios, percents, and more.

As a math teacher, we're constantly seeing children struggle in school when the basics aren't strong. I think the JUMP program is a good solution to that problem.

2.0 out of 5 stars Worksheets, May 9, 2013

JUMP at Home Grade 6: Worksheets for the JUMP Math Program
JUMP at Home Grade 6: Worksheets for the JUMP Math Program by John Mighton (Paperback - July 29, 2010)
$17.95 $14.63