Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more
Customer Discussions > Juno (Single-Disc Edition) forum

DOES JUNO COME IN FULL SCREEN FORMAT

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 13, 2008 9:56:12 AM PDT
I was wondering if anyone knows if the Juno DVD comes in full screen format? I can only find it in widescreen.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2008 5:04:19 PM PDT
fincherfan says:
that's a good thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2009 1:59:01 PM PST
I have no clue. I can't stand widescreen either! I don't understand why would anyone want it in widescreen in the first place.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2009 11:31:07 PM PST
Skeptic says:
I was wondering the same thing [fullscreen is my preference also]. You can ask used/new companies this question. I received a comment immediately to my Inbox. If I purchase dvds when they first come out, I usually have a choice...this tells me that most people prefer fullscreen. Good luck!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2009 4:13:50 PM PST
Justin Rage says:
You want to know why people prefer widescreen? Think of it this way as an example:

1) Take a DVD Case.
2) Turn it sideways so it's a Rectangle in front of you.
3) Now take BOTH your hands and place them over the LEFT & RIGHT SIDE of the DVD case covering about 2 inches on each side.

That's what your precious Fullscreen does, it CHOPS OFF the sides of your film making you see less. So if you are happy with paying the same to see LESS of what's going on (and sometimes have an artificial panning of the screen to show you what you're missing), then keep on begging for Fullscreen Movies.

Your field of vision is widescreen, when you watch a movie in the theatres it's in widescreen and now all the new TVs/HDTVs are in Widescreen... see the pattern here?

And to answer your question, Juno is only available in Widescreen... as the Director intended you to see the movie. Widescreen is not going anywhere, but Fullscreen movies are on their way out the door. Adapt or don't watch movies anymore. Either way is fine for me because I enjoy widescreen for what it truly is instead of people complaining that is "doesn't take up the entire screen" or "it's wasting my picture with blackness".....

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2009 1:38:51 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 5, 2009 1:21:28 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2009 8:21:17 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 6, 2009 11:13:45 PM PST
Justin Rage says:
Hey crazysweetaaron? They already make DVDs/Blu-rays like this without having black bars... it's called BUY AN HDTV (widescreen) and it will fill it up 99% of the time...

Sassy eh? I looked at it again and it's informative... even my parents can understand what I wrote, and they are far from tech savvy.

EDIT: crazysweetaaron has edited and deleted their post which is why I replied. The generality of the post said I was "sassy" and (for lack of remembering the exact word) I was an Elitist trying to preach to others in my previous post. The point is, Widescreen is better for all and gives you what you would see in the theatre and the way the studios and directors meant for their material to be seen. This is not going away and is in fact growing. Educate yourself on the benefits instead of arguing on your thoughts on the CONS.

Posted on Mar 15, 2009 7:19:47 AM PDT
all i can say is, its the 21st century, widescreen is the standard of films now

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2009 10:38:07 PM PDT
G. B. White says:
Well,i didn't pay 3000 Dollars for a 55" TV, that the movie's only fill up 70% of the screen either. If I wanted to watch a movie like that, I would have bought a 42" TV. I absolutely hate your precious widescreen format, because of those absurd black bars at the top and bottom of the picture. I only purchase full screen now,and I'm very happy with them.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2009 11:01:45 PM PDT
Justin Rage says:
If your "Full Screen" format is taking up the WHOLE screen on your 55" HDTV, then you are NOT watching the movie properly. It is stretched to fit your TV but leaving off MORE of the picture because you bought a 4:3 ratio format of the movie vs. a 16:9 ratio. So you're double wasting money. Buy widescreen and stretch that, at least then you're seeing more picture even if you are completely oblivious to your stupidity.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Aug 13, 2008
Latest post:  Jul 1, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions