Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on September 22, 2003
Ordered on 9/15; estimated delivery was 9/24; Arrived at shipper's local warehouse 9/19; I picked up at the shipper's warehouse on 9/20.
Shipping (5+++++ Stars)
Worried about having a Projection TV shipped to ya' from somewhere on the other side of the country? Well I guess you should be, but everything worked out very well for me. The cardboard shipping box was in perfect condition with barely a mark on it. There were no crushed corners, punctures, or even rub marks. Also it was strapped to a wooden pallet (for forklift handling I suppose).
Sound (4.9 Stars)
For a TV, this is probably the best that sound can get (my judgement is tainted b/c of my 5.1 channel theater sound system). Of course no TV could compete w/ that by itself, but the sound for the TV is very very good. The Digital sound tweaking system that JVC touts really adds a depth to the sounds of regular TV programming.
Picture (4 Stars)
Picture is Superb! It is sharper than any other TV that I've owned including tube sets. It is also very bright and I don't see any graininess. The only problem with the picture is that the reds are very strong, but I'm tweaking on that w/ the picture settings (ie. tint, color, bright). So far I've struck an acceptable balance, but sometimes the reds still "bleed out" and get bright and smudgy. Overall I'd say that the picture is equal to the Sony projection screen TVs, but with a little too much red.
Setup (3.5 stars)
Connecting it was very easy.(Good job JVC!)
Color tweaking has been a pain. There are 4 modes that each have their own color settings. And the manual is not very user friendly. You'll figure it out, but it just takes a few minutes of getting used to. Convergence was automatic and worked very well.
Value (5 +++++ stars)
Well Amazon doesn't want me to say what I paid, so let me tackle it this way. At fifteen hundred dollrs w/o s&h this TV would be an ok deal(I'd say a toss up between it and a Sony). For two hundred and fifty less then I'd say there was nothing else better out there. But for five hundred less it seems like a steal. My cost made it a steal.
on October 22, 2003
I purchased this HDTV about four months ago. Everyone in my household loves it, and so do I. I like the fact that I could still watch movies and other shows while my husband can watch football games at the same time. Before we always fought over who would be able to watch television, and of course he would always win. Another feature that I love is that it has a front panel lock so my one and a half year old child can't turn it on and off and play with the menu. I like all the features it has except that you have to sit almost in front of the t.v. to see the picture on the screen. It is kind of hard to see the picture from where my computer sits, so it's either one or the other.
on June 3, 2004
I absolutely love this TV, I have had the opportunity to see this TV side by side with virtually every other TV in its class out there and I love the picture quality on this TV more than any other. The picture is very bright and crystal clear.
I highly recommend this TV to anyone looking for solid performance from a 48" projection. Seeing this TV in 1080i is really amazing.
on October 18, 2003
I was a bit sceptical of buying a high priced item without seeing it first in person, but this tv more than met my highest expectations!! As far as the picture for a projection tv, this picture is as good or better than most high end picture tube tv's. The sound is good but not as great as the picture. The remote seemed to be a problem for some, but workes fine for me! I was more than pleased after going to several large-chain retail stores. This set has a better picture and more features than the sets at the local retail stores & I got it at a far better price!! I'm sorry to hear that so many people were not able to get this set. I ordered mine on 9/14 and received it by the promised date of 9/27 and the service was great. Amazon went above the call of duty to make me happy. I had no problems. Hopefully Amazon will be able to get more to fulfill the demand.
on October 9, 2004
Hi:

I bought this TV in the month of Dec. from Good Guys, it was a special order item and took a long time to arrive. I got the TV delivered by Good Guys in the month of Feb. The TV worked fine for 6 months, but the picture vanished in July. I contacted JVC service center by the name Sound Tech, who took a look at the Tv and could not repair it. I called JVC again, they gave me the name of another authorised service, by the name of Applied Computer Tech based of Dublin CA. There person came looked at the tv and recommended that they need a part that needs to be ordered from you. They later informed that the part has arrived and they set up an appointment with us to come and install the part. However, on the day when they were supposed to come, they informed me that the part is on back order for 3-4 weeks. This TV has been out of service from July-Oct now, with no end in sight. I am not going to buy any JVC product in the future. In my opinion, it appears that this TV is lemon and JVC should I am posting my experience on the web site, so that future JVC customers get a feed back on the truths about warranty coverage and level of service. - Shailendra
on August 28, 2008
I have had this things since it came out in 2003 and not only is the HD quality still fairly state of the art 1080i since all broadcast HD signals max out at that, it runs my blu-ray player just wonderfully and fell in love with it all over again... I made a movie theater room w/ full surround sound and 2 couches in my house w/ this as the center piece. It's my only TV in the house too. weight is an issue so don't pick it up w/ out some friends around. I did have to have a tech guy come out and do some things w/ the lazer something or other and that cost me $300 but I guess all rear projections will need that done every handful of years so that is nothing against this model. Sound is great but I use 5.1 suround sound so it's always off. This was one of the best buys I have made, price, shipping, added dvd player, cables, insurance all for a very low price since this was at like 5 stores in my area and they all wanted my business. 5 years and running!!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse